Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op today. I'm doing better overall, but I'm having pain in my belly button that's more like a burning pain and very uncomfortable.

Yesterday, I came home from my parents house, and I cried the entire way home. Why? I have no idea. I was nervous to be alone, yes, but there was something else behind the tears - a lump in my throat that wouldn't stop... I think I'm just reaching my limit to keep a smile on my face through all the pain and discomfort that post-op brings.

And to top it off, I've GAINED 2lbs since surgery. WTF?! And I'm not talking about surgical gasses or fluids - I weigh 2 lbs more than the day I left the hospital, and it's devastating. I was an emotional wreck this morning when I stepped on the scale because I can't help think WHY did I do this to myself? WHY am I going through all of this just to GAIN WEIGHT!??!?!

I can handle being a "slow loser" if that's what I have to be, but I'll be damned if I have the strength to go through all this and know I'm not losing a F--king ounce.

I'm angry, and sad, and frustrated... I feel like a fool thinking this surgery was gonna help me at all. I'm just hoping this is a low point and I'll be back on track soon enough... I can't believe this is happening. I didn't cheat on my pre-op diet. I lost 18lbs in one week, then was taken off my bp meds and Water weight crept back on prior to surgery, so I already felt horrible. And then I put on another 7lbs from surgery and now another 2 since I've been discharged...

I can't handle this. I am not emotionally prepared for failure.

And it hurts my tender belly to cry. :*(

You will loose, I gained 10lbs when in hospital and have days where I go up several pounds and know I didn't eat enough to really gain. Your body will adjust. And it will come off stick to what your doctor says and it will happen. Best of luck

Noooooo....don't let this get to you! The couple pounds you gained are ok! They'll go away along with many more. The crying and feelings you are having is a normal part of this whole ordeal. Trust me on this. It may take a little time but these feelings will end. Recognize them for what they are and just keep plugging along. I know exactly how you feel. You just feel hopeless and don't know why. You will make it! If you wanna cry then just cry. I'm so sorry you are going through this. It has happened to the most of us. Don't be surprised if down the line you become angry instead of wanting to cry.

Ride this rollercoaster as long as it lasts and know that when the ride is over you will be strong, happy, and weigh a lot less.

I agree with Brandy- give it some time. It WILL go away. These "blues" you're having are totally normal. Mine were to the point that I called the therapist I was seeing pre-sleeve and made an appointment. I still see her every month. It's a huge adjustment. You're doing fine. Keep us updated!!!!

-Kendra

Brandyyyyyy

just stop it already!!!!!! look in the mirror at that beautiful person and remember everything you had to do to get to this point . I was the same way I was sleeved on January 22nd and came home and said WTF!!! you don't want to know what happen to me the minute I was released. when I finally got home I asked myself what in the world did I do to myself. Everyday it got better and better just follow the post op diet as close as you can and you will be fine...... trust me it was worth it in a couple of weeks you will see the weight coming off and ask yourself what was all the fussin for...LOL!!!!! I am down 70lbs since surgery didn't think I would loose 20lb because my weight was going up and down so much but now I feel and look amazing... be patient chill and let it happen.... I know this sounds harsh but buck up.. you can do it... I am so in your corner..... go gurl!!!!!

I think weight stalls and gains immediately after surgery can sometimes be because you are not getting enough calories. I know that sounds contrary to logic but many folks have experienced this. Your body holds on to weight, thinking you are starving.

I didn't start losing in earnest until I got into mushy and regular food stage. When I got more calories and Protein, the body gave up the stored fat. Lack of Water is also a contributer and lack of fiber/constipation, all solvable as you let your sleeve heal and progress into "normal" eating.

Sleeveworld can be a reverse reality. Lose weight by eating more.

Don't sweat the early stages.

Makemyownluck!

I can relate to how you feel. We went in on the same day and I have some similar feelings but I believe as others have said we we will look back on this brief time and an what all the fuss was about.

At this very moment I am on a field trip with my sons first grade class and I keep asking myself why oh why oh why did I do this. The frustrating piece for me is a I'm so thirsty but really am unable to drink. The sips hurt.

Listen my girl, we can do this. Lets move forward together, ok?!

Girl you need to get a grip! Don't make me break out words like your "sleeve journey" "tool"

Ok ok,, here I go :D

Honey it's a journey not a race, oh and you didn't gain it in a day why would you think you can lose it in a day?

Trust your tool girl! Be patient and rock that sleeve!

:P

(((((Big hug))))) the pain on BB is normal. It's tooooooo soon to weigh yourself and consider it a loss or gain. Wait at least 10-14 days after sx. You are going to be a fantastic loser!!!! ((((((Hugs again)))))) ;-)

Im so sorry you feel so frustated and sad. It will get better I promise. Your poor body just went through a major trama and is trying to heal its self. The weight will come off your body just has to catch up with your brain that you are ok. We all had the buyers remorse one way or another. Just please keep your head high and watch in the next few days the lbs will be falling off.

thanks for the encouragement. I'm gonna focus on recovering for now. I didn't anticipate the pain to last this long - it's making it very hard for me to get up and walk like I'm supposed to... and I'm constantly tired... just wanna feel good again.

The pain is always one of the worst side effects there is in the begining. It took me about 2 weeks and then I finally started to feel normal day after day. Take it slow, get the well deserved rest that your body needs and before you know it the pain will subside and you will be yourself again with lbs coming off.

I will be honest. The first week I was a HOT AS* MESS! I cried at little things. My kids would draw me a picture and I would cry. I have never, ever been this emotional. I have been described by a few as "frosty". So all these meds and hormones coursing through my body sent me into a tailspin. PLUS a friend reminded me that my doctor had me stop my birth control pills to lessen my chances of blood clots. HELLO! RED FLAG RED FLAG!

Take a deep breath and relax. Grab a box of kleenex and let it out. It gets better. Oh and remember all those bags of IV Fluid hanging in the hospital? Yeah those could be the reason for the weight gain. Just take it easy and let your body heal.

Calm down. You just had major surgery a few days ago! Give yourself a break. You are too early into this to throw your hands up and declare surgery failed. Everyone gains and loses weight in the first few weeks as your body tries to adjust. PUT THE scale AWAY! I know it's exciting to check your progress but it can also be very discouraging if you're expecting huge loss and don't. Like Laura said, you didn't gain it all in one day and you sure as heck are not going to lose it in one either! Crying is normal. I had one day where I cried and cried for no reason. I was watching Wendy Williams for gods sake and started bawling! Lol! It's OK! Things will get better. Just relax, concentrate on getting better, drink your Water and walk, that's all you need to do right now. The first few months are the toughest, you will make it! Good luck and congrats!