Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm one month post-opand is struggling.

Hi all, I had my surgery on April 2nd. I'm one month out and I feel like I'm trapped in a closet. I don't know what to eat. I was told my my nutritionist to start soft food. But I'm already tired of baked and grilled fish. chicken makes me sick and I don't eat pork. I really need help, I don't know what to eat when to eat and the only thing I really like to eat is applesauce and Popsicles. I need to know how to make this surgery a success. Please Help!!!!

How about some turkey chili? Or meatloaf?

Meatballs are good too.

Oh and either boil your chicken it will make it moist or buy the canned chicken! You can make chicken salad with the canned. Or if you boil it you can shred it then add burrito spices and a bit of cheese,

tuna salad is good too.

Hi I'm still pre-op but I nutritionist gave me pretty detailed notes on soft foods....

Try oatmeal, thinned out cream of white, tuna or chicken salad, Soups without chunks like lentil Soup, Tomato Soup, pumpkin squash Soup etc., yogurt.

She also suggested throwing stuff in a food process to make it soft and mushy....

Also was warned that chicken breasts could make us sick so try thigh meat...

Good luck

You have to get a little creative with your food and keep trying different things. Everything Laura said is all good things to try.

I stayed behind my advised schedule and if I ate something that didn't feel good, I stopped it. 4-8 weeks out, don't eat anything that feels wrong. If you go a little longer on liquids or super soft and mushy foods, that is perfectly fine. Just make sure to get your Protein and liquids in.

Oh, and Morningstar Farms veggie burgers with BBQ Sauce too. I just pop 'em in the microwave to cook.

It is so great to hear so many good ideas, I was so not looking forward to afterwards and the puréed stage!

It is so great to hear so many good ideas' date=' I was so not looking forward to afterwards and the puréed stage![/quote']

You know I dreaded the puréed stage too! I told the nut that there was no way I was puréeing meat!!! Umm... I did (what?? I was hungry) and I liked it, it was warm comforting and filling, just don't look at it! :P

boiling bone-in chicken leg quarters in salted Water with some garlic cloves thrown in until they are fall-off the bone tender remove meat from the bones and store the meat covered in broth you cooked it in. So yummy..

Also think spices.. I suddenly love frank's red hot sauce.. I take some chicken, dip it in some franks and in some "bleu cheese" dressing (actually it's greek yogurt with a little bit of gorgonzola cheese mixed in but soooo yummy) and OMG tastes like buffalo wings.

Also keep trying things that may not have worked in the past.. what makes you sick one week, may be perfectly fine the next week once you have a bit more healing under your belt.

One of my favorite meals was lentils and vegetables cooked until very soft and then I'd add some of the chicken thigh pieces.. SO YUMMY.. I like to start with some nice ginger, garlic, curry spice and fresh cilantro for seasoning and also top it all off with a dollop of greek yogurt.

Notice I mentioned the yogurt a few times.. this just really helped me keep things a bit moist without resorting to "liquids" Also a bit of mashed up avocado helps too.

Thanks everyone I will take your advice. I'm just scared because I was told if I ate the wrong thing it will cause me to vomit. So far so good though, I'm 1 month out and I have yet to vomit. Has anyone been release to exercise? If what type of exercise are you doing?

Thanks everyone I will take your advice. I'm just scared because I was told if I ate the wrong thing it will cause me to vomit. So far so good though' date=' I'm 1 month out and I have yet to vomit. Has anyone been release to exercise? If what type of exercise are you doing?[/quote']

Sorry answered a different post. It's the drugs!!!!

Laurie

if you like mashed potato's try them also try baked fish. I stated walking (kept myself at a pace) after 4 days post op. good luck

Hi all' date=' I had my surgery on April 2nd. I'm one month out and I feel like I'm trapped in a closet. I don't know what to eat. I was told my my nutritionist to start soft food. But I'm already tired of baked and grilled fish. chicken makes me sick and I don't eat pork. I really need help, I don't know what to eat when to eat and the only thing I really like to eat is applesauce and Popsicles. I need to know how to make this surgery a success. Please Help!!!![/quote']

I had my surgery on the 3rd and feel the same way I thought it was just me