Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Kailisa---yeah!!!!! Thanks for reaching out. How are you feeling almost 2 weeks out? How long is your pre-op diet? Where are you from? (Sorry for the 50 questions). ????

Hi! I have a May 31st date as well. I live near Wichita, KS and I'm having my surgery in Cancun. I'm excited to find friends on the forum with the same date. Best wishes to you all.

Hi Wags - I love Cancun!!! Of course, I'm thinking about the Cancun that involves soaking up sun while consuming umbrella drinks. :-) Good luck to you and keep us posted!!!

I know! I love THAT Cancun too! I start my Pre-op "liver shrink" diet in two days. I will be on that for 12 days, then the next day - surgery! I am so excited and it is so weird because I'm not scared or nervous at all. I just CAN'T WAIT! I am going to MX because I am a self-pay. I researched for about 2 years before I finally decided to go for it and during that time the whole WLS focus changed from Lapband to VSG - so really I'm glad I waited (procrastinated) because the sleeve is a much better option for me.

I know! I love THAT Cancun too! I start my Pre-op "liver shrink" diet in two days. I will be on that for 12 days, then the next day - surgery! I am so excited and it is so weird because I'm not scared or nervous at all. I just CAN'T WAIT! I am going to MX because I am a self-pay. I researched for about 2 years before I finally decided to go for it and during that time the whole WLS focus changed from Lapband to VSG - so really I'm glad I waited (procrastinated) because the sleeve is a much better option for me.

Good luck with your pre-op diet! I also put off the surgery as I didn't see bypass or the band being the right option for me. When I learned about and researched the sleeve, it felt right. Can't believe we are just hours from being 2 weeks out. Wish I could say I'm not nervous or scared - I tend to be a worrier. I just really hope that it goes well and that I have minimal pain and no complications -- wishing the same for you and all. :-)

10 days and counting!!!!

I know!!!!!!!! Wish it were today!! :-). Linda

OK May 31st sleevers (and Erics 300 - May 29th sleever) - how is everyone doing? Any words of wisdom or encouragement with 1 week to go?

I just made a lunch date with a former co-worker next Wednesday then realized that I'll be on my pre-op liquid diet. I checked the menu where we are going and there is nothing that I can eat. Trying to figure out how I'm going to explain why I'm only drinking Water. Guess I'll say I'm on a Water diet. (I'm not telling anyone but my husband and personal trainer about the surgery). Wish I didn't have so much time left to think (overthink) this thing. I've never had a surgery that I had weeks and weeks to think about. I know we are all going to get through this --- just seems like I can't think of anything but this right now. Trying to keep busy but it's always there. Seeing Hangover III tonight --- hopefully won't be thinking about it then. :-)

Enough about me..... How is everyone else doing?

I feel (and over think) the same way you do. I just want it to be done, so I can move on to the next phase of my life.

My surgery coordinator from Cancun, Sheri Burke, told me this: "please do enjoy your weekend and get very happy about the big event that you are about to have. Your life is about to get very exciting. You need to move all of your "skinny jeans" to the front of your closet - you'll be wearing them very soon !"

That made me feel so happy!

I'm on my Pre-op diet already (day 6) and I miss food a little bit, but I'm past the first couple days so I'm not feeling hungry. Just have a headache a lot. No big deal.

I went to see Ironman last weekend and didn't think about the surgery the whole time! Woohoo!

Going to the KC Royals game on Monday and I get to spend the day there with my (grown) children before I head to Cancun on Thursday :-)

Trying to keep the days filled and fun :-)

I think since its a long weekend that will help me out just trying to keep busy. Fri- Dodger Game, Sat-sisters birthday then i work Sunday and Monday so I'll be just working and going to the gym and if I'm not doing either I'll sleep lol next thing you'll know its time to check in the hospital lol

Hangover III was awesome -- almost as good as the first one. If you go see it, make sure you stay past the closing credits so you don't miss the funniest part of any of the movies. Didn't think about my surgery at all during the movie. :D

I feel (and over think) the same way you do. I just want it to be done, so I can move on to the next phase of my life.

My surgery coordinator from Cancun, Sheri Burke, told me this: "please do enjoy your weekend and get very happy about the big event that you are about to have. Your life is about to get very exciting. You need to move all of your "skinny jeans" to the front of your closet - you'll be wearing them very soon !"

That made me feel so happy!

I'm on my Pre-op diet already (day 6) and I miss food a little bit, but I'm past the first couple days so I'm not feeling hungry. Just have a headache a lot. No big deal.

I went to see Ironman last weekend and didn't think about the surgery the whole time! Woohoo!

Going to the KC Royals game on Monday and I get to spend the day there with my (grown) children before I head to Cancun on Thursday :-)

Trying to keep the days filled and fun :-)

I love how positive your coordinator is. My skinny jeans are in another closet. Can't wait to pull them out (or go buy new ones)!

She really is wonderful! Haha! My skinny jeans moved to another closet for a few years, then they moved to the home of my skinny friend :-).

Hangover 3 - here I come! My husband will be happy if I suggest that (my turn to pick the movie).

:-)

I think since its a long weekend that will help me out just trying to keep busy. Fri- Dodger Game, Sat-sisters birthday then i work Sunday and Monday so I'll be just working and going to the gym and if I'm not doing either I'll sleep lol next thing you'll know its time to check in the hospital lol

Keep busy! Such a great idea for all of us who are WAITING!

Lost 10 pounds so far on my Pre-op diet. Woo-hoo. Can't wait for surgery day in 6 days!!