Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Garcia vs. Dr. Aceves?

I personally believe Dr. Garcia could be more expensive if he worked out of a larger' date=' more upgraded facility. I wouldn't be surprised if his price increased over the next year or two. He is a fantastic surgeon and his team is amazing. Good luck with whomever you choose[/quote']

I agree, last I heard his price was going to increase $500. Anyone who's recently booked with him care to share his price?

I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to outgrow his current arrangements considering how in demand he is and his consistent patient satisfaction and loyal following.

I agree' date=' last I heard his price was going to increase 500. Anyone who's recently booked with him care to share his price?[/quote']

4700...i have gallstones..it will be a extra 500...only if he is able to remove it..if there isnt any complications while doing the sleeve.

So does Garcia...Florence Oasis is a full scale hospital...Look it up! I just came from Dr. Garcia and the care that you receive is top notch!!!

I did type it in and no hospital comes up. Only Medical Tourism sites. When I type in Almater Hospital (Dr. Aceves hospital) and actual hospital website comes up. It's like our hospitals in the US.

Another thing that worries me about Garcia is he says he uses staples and sutures. From what I've heard (from doctors here in US) all they use is staples (titanium). Does Garcia use both because he's trying to save money from not using too many staples? From what I've heard the staples alone cost 3,000 and some people question whether he uses subpar staples.

Don't get me wrong I still have not made up my mind between the two yet. I'm still researching everywhere I can to find out what is better for me.

I did type it in and no hospital comes up. Only medical tourism sites. When I type in Almater Hospital (Dr. Aceves hospital) and actual hospital website comes up. It's like our hospitals in the US.

Another thing that worries me about Garcia is he says he uses staples and sutures. From what I've heard (from doctors here in US) all they use is staples (titanium). Does Garcia use both because he's trying to save money from not using too many staples? From what I've heard the staples alone cost 3' date='000 and some people question whether he uses subpar staples.

Don't get me wrong I still have not made up my mind between the two yet. I'm still researching everywhere I can to find out what is better for me.[/quote']

Dr. Aceves staples and sutures as well. That seems to be the "rule" rather than the exception.

I went to the seminar here in the US and the procedures look identical to that of DR. Garcia..i saw a video of him preforming the sleeve...i just dont remember the bougie being used here in the states.

I actually asked about this the other day! I was told that he sutures over the 3 lines of staples. Here is a pic of the equipment he uses.

post-34296-13813665233406_thumb.jpg

I did type it in and no hospital comes up. Only medical tourism sites. When I type in Almater Hospital (Dr. Aceves hospital) and actual hospital website comes up. It's like our hospitals in the US.

Another thing that worries me about Garcia is he says he uses staples and sutures. From what I've heard (from doctors here in US) all they use is staples (titanium). Does Garcia use both because he's trying to save money from not using too many staples? From what I've heard the staples alone cost 3' date='000 and some people question whether he uses subpar staples.

Don't get me wrong I still have not made up my mind between the two yet. I'm still researching everywhere I can to find out what is better for me.[/quote']

Olivia,

I'm kind of in the same position you are. I have only heard wonderful things about Dr. Aceves! Plus he's a member of the FACS and he's a proctor for Johnson & Johnson! But he's a lot more money than Dr. Garcia. I'm down to Aceves and Garcia as well. I don't make much money so of course I want to do what best for me as well as what I can afford. I was all for going with Dr. Aceves, but I'm having serious car trouble and may have to get a new car. I won't be able to afford the car plus monthly payment to Dr. Aceves if I have to do that. I stay confused... Lol

Dr. Aceves staples and sutures as well. That seems to be the "rule" rather than the exception.

Hmm I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Now I'm more 50/50 lol. All I know is the surgeon here said titanium staples because a lady at the seminar asked what they used. He said titanium last forever.

Jesser - I don't have a lot of money either. I'm actually borrowing from my 401k. I need a new car also. That's why I haven't made up my mind yet. If I go with Garcia I can aford newer car but at the same time I'm afraid I may be risking my life. Crazy huh?

Dr Acceves did my sleeve three weeks ago. He was amazing, the care was amazing and dr. Campos who is the dr. In charge of aftercare was amazing. One of the doctors was in to see me every 4-6 hours for the entire time. They did tests and came in over the weekend - unheard of elsewhere.

If I used the call button a nurse was there in less than a minute every time. I was happy for the three days in the hospital. I was textbook perfect in terms of recovery, walking the evening after surgery and able to keep liquids down easily. That said I would not have wanted any less time in the hospital. I would have been fine but the extra day was good and I certainly could not have gone shopping or wandering that day. It really is major surgery and I wouldn't have had the energy.

I can't recommend him highly enough.

Hmm I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Now I'm more 50/50 lol. All I know is the surgeon here said titanium staples because a lady at the seminar asked what they used. He said titanium last forever.

Jesser - I don't have a lot of money either. I'm actually borrowing from my 401k. I need a new car also. That's why I haven't made up my mind yet. If I go with Garcia I can aford newer car but at the same time I'm afraid I may be risking my life. Crazy huh?

Yes, I know exactly how you feel. I don't have anywhere to borrow the money from, I'm having to save every dime! I'm determined to go this summer though! I have to :(

When I was making my decision I was scare sh$!less about going to Mexico to have this done which is why I really preferred at that time to go with Aceves. Now that Aceves no longer offers the payment plan I can't afford the $10,500 price tag. That being I'm going to use a quote from my dad "That sometimes in life decisions get made for you" and this was one of those times. So I'm excited, putting my trust in God that he will guide Dr. Garcia's hand I'm my surgery, and hoping for the best!

When I was making my decision I was scare sh!less about going to Mexico to have this done which is why I really preferred at that time to go with Aceves. Now that Aceves no longer offers the payment plan I can't afford the 10' date='500 price tag. That being I'm going to use a quote from my dad "That sometimes in life decisions get made for you" and this was one of those times. So I'm excited, putting my trust in God that he will guide Dr. Garcia's hand I'm my surgery, and hoping for the best![/quote']

Thank you for sharing this. I can relate to it. :) when is your surgery?

I think a lot of Drs use staples and sutures. Dr Kelly does something using the tissue around the stomach and sutures it over the line of staples so it greatly reduces the risk of a leak. Hearing him explain it is pretty neat, but this thread isn't about him. I don't think staples are expensive enough to save money on them. There is no way the staples alone cost 3,000. Not even near that.

If I had to choose between the 2 doctors I almost always go with the one with more experience, which would be Aceves by a long shot. I think there are only 2 in Mexico on par with his experience. florence is a great hospital btw, full scale with all the things you would find in the states.

null_zps17c94b84.jpg