Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Garcia vs. Dr. Aceves?

I am checking, and a big difference in the price? why? I know Dr. Aceves has many years of experience and surgeries, but is very expensive, plus airlines tickets....What about experiences? stories? opinions? Come on, help us the "newbies"!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am checking' date=' and a big difference in the price? why? I know Dr. Aceves has many years of experience and surgeries, but is very expensive, plus airlines tickets....What about experiences? stories? opinions? Come on, help us the "newbies"!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

I went to Dr. Aceves last month. I posted a play by play account of my Mexicali experience.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/74149-dr-aceves-mexicali-and-me/

I hope it helps! :-)

Basically you get more personal attention & a nicer facility. They are both very competent surgeons.

Huge plus is Aceves performs his surgery in an actual hospital. Google all the so called hospitals other doctors do it at. You cannot find any info on them.

Thank youuuu

Good luck in your research. If there are any questions I can answer don't hesitate to ask.

You will also find that Dr. Garcia has quite a following and there are plenty of his patients willing to help with questions and share experiences.

I had the same question. Its seems as though you fully recover at the hospital with Aceves, along with him being more one on one and more attentive than some of the others. He's been a doctor I believe for the longest and has lots of accolades. That being said I'm going to Garcia on May 31st at Florence/Oasis Hospital. Garcia is just as qualified and I fill very confident in his ability to take care of me. I'm going to pray hard as I have done with every surgery I've had and hope for the best!

I will be going to Dr. Aceves. After narrowing the field, it was down to him and Dr. Alvarez. I will be flying from one side of the US to the other and want an experienced surgeon. My insurance not only excludes WLS, but will not pay for complications from it. Since I am coming from so far away, I really like the fact that there will be a three day hospital stay and THREE leak tests!

Excellent post...thank you so much I hope you are ok!

I am doing really well. My heart has been on good behavior and my cardiologist feels that weight loss will get rid of my sleep apnea which will help my heart behave.

I will be going to Dr. Aceves. After narrowing the field, it was down to him and Dr. Alvarez. I will be flying from one side of the US to the other and want an experienced surgeon. My insurance not only excludes WLS, but will not pay for complications from it. Since I am coming from so far away, I really like the fact that there will be a three day hospital stay and THREE leak tests!

Hi,

You are making a great choice. I went there 4 1/2 years ago. I lost 105 pounds and have kept it off. He is an amazing doctor. I am always out here if you have any questions or want to talk.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Dr Garcia operates at Florence/Oasis correct? That is a very nice hospital. Being a medical professional and working in the states I just don't understand why some think this hospital is sub par?

Regardless of surgeon or hospital I wouldn't want to stay in the hospital more than 2 days. I didn't even stay in the hospital more than 2 days with my csection. Nice hospital but by day 2 I was ready to get the IV out and explore TJ a bit (it's safe, even a big baby like me felt safe).

Good luck with whomever you choose!

Huge plus is Aceves performs his surgery in an actual hospital. Google all the so called hospitals other doctors do it at. You cannot find any info on them.

So does Garcia...Florence Oasis is a full scale hospital...Look it up! I just came from Dr. Garcia and the care that you receive is top notch!!!

I personally believe Dr. Garcia could be more expensive if he worked out of a larger, more upgraded facility. I wouldn't be surprised if his price increased over the next year or two. He is a fantastic surgeon and his team is amazing. Good luck with whomever you choose