Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good tasting protein drink.........something i would have enjoyed prior to surgery...or is that too much to ask for.....

1 week post op

Ok................

Ive tried Isopure.. (four different flavors) and they taste is ok. its just the after taste is so BAD!!! i tried masking the taste with crystal light and that didnt work..

Ive tried whey Protein (better than isopure!!!!) but its just doesnt taste good to me..

With my new stomach i just cant handle bad after taste or anything that taste weird... im BARELY getting any protein...

I would like something that i would have enjoyed before my surgery,something that doesnt have that strong chemical taste.

i wish there was lotion or a patch i can put on that would give me protein without making me wanna throw up...LOL!!

Anyways... Is their any Protein shake that TASTE GOOD and something i would have enjoyed before surgery ALOT..

OR AM I ASKING FOR TOO MUCH???

PLease let me know

Thanks

Premier Protein shakes from Sams or costco. Even my husband loves these. The chocolate is my favorite and if you add PB2 (peanut butter powder) to it, it is even better for variety. They have 30 G of Protein and are in a container you can throw in your purse. They now have screw on lids so you can drink a little at a time. I think you can get them at Walmart too but they are a little more expensive there. Good luck! :D

I like the EAS chocolate or strawberry in the blender with a little fruit and ice. Very tasty.

Ready to drink, the costco Premier Protein, chocolate

for powder I like Performance Whey - vanilla from Optimum Nutrition (planning on trying the chocolate version)

(Purchase from the Vitamin shoppe or Costco)

and Max Protein - Chocolate from SEI Nutrition (Purchase from GNC or SEI Website)

I like the vanilla because you can add just about anything to it.

re on facebo

Only ones I like are the costco premier and EAS strawberry. Try adding Torani sf flavor if you need to have added taste. Also.. These two are pre made and work great for us on the go and don't have time to mix from a tub

Oh.. And my family loves the premier shake so you may want to hide yours :D

I like the Muscle Milk Lite in chocolate--I put it in a shaker and add a little almond milk to make it frothy and less thick. Much more palatable. I also add unflavored, vanilla or chocolate powder (Designer Whey, Unjury or Celebrate) to diet hot cocoa. I find the Protein goes down a lot more easily when the beverage is warm. Just add the powder after heating the liquid for about 1 min 40 sec--the temp can't be over 140 degrees or it will clump. It's good in coffee, too. I also like vanilla Protein Powder in Mio orange tangerine water--tastes like an orange creamsicle.

Have you tried the Unjury chicken flavor? It tastes just like chicken broth. Something salty instead of sweet. I also had gotten some Unjury unflavored Protein powder to add to soups/broths. Good luck with getting your Proteins in.

I ordered 12 Syntrax nectar samples from their website. You have to call and ask for the variety sampler. I have heard nothing but great things about this product. I want to make sure I have different options instead of the same ol' thing everyday. I also ordered some non-flavored Protein from unjury to put in my Soups and yogurt.

http://www.si03.com/medical/med_index.htm <---link to Syntrax

http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/ <---link to Unjury

Here's my opinion on what I've tried.

Syntrax is good, try bjsbariatrics.com as they sell a sample pack that you can customize so you only try what you think you'd like. Syntrax also has unflavored powder that might be more versatile for you - add it into soups/broths, Jello, etc and it's not detectable flavor-wise, just makes things look cloudy. They sell tubs of it on Amazon.com for a good price, and available for the free super saver shipping on orders over $25. They are 10g of Protein per scoop. Low on calories and carbs, and they use only natural sweeteners in their products.

I got the sample pack from unjury.com because everyone on this site raves about the chicken flavor, but I thought it was disgusting. I'm pre-op and since tastes can change post-op, I'll save the 2nd packet of that to try again after surgery. I was really psyched to hear about the chicken flavor, but I thought it had a bad after taste, and the more of it I drank, the nastier it tasted to me, to the point that I dumped the rest out about half way through (and I've never dumped anything else I've tried, Protein shake/powder wise!). The other flavors were good, but I found they didn't mix up as smoothly in the shaker cup as other powders I've tried. I had to shake it to death and even then there were still small clumps at the top. For the price, I expected better.

The Premier shakes are terrific! These are my go-to, so convenient, great price and high protein content. I get them at costco, they have chocolate or vanilla and they are both good. The vanilla is mild flavor and mixes will with anything. I like to make Chai shakes, I get sugar free chai powder mix from World Market and mix it with a vanilla shake and some almond milk - YUMMYYYY.

Body Fortress powder is available at Walmart. The strawberry is good with Crystal light lemonade. Others have said the chocolate-Peanut Butter from this line was good, but I'm not sure I like it. I've had it a few times and it's okay, but I don't get the hype. I've also used their strawberry flavor, which is okay. I mix it with Crystal light lemonade and it's nice. I think I'll enjoy that a lot over the summer. Blended with ice would be great too. Or frozen into popsicles!

Muscle Milk is awesome, taste wise. Probably the best tasting of this whole bunch. Let's face it, if all we're having are shakes, then they better be delicious and Muscle Milk is all that. The regular version of this has quite a bit more calories and carbs in it than any of the others mentioned. Depends on the flavor, but we're talking double and triple the calories and fat you get in any of the other shakes mentioned. And they taste great because of it!! They also have a great 32g of protein in there too. Muscle Milk also has a Light line. It's okay. Has a bit of an after taste. Not as delicious as the original. But okay. But it also only has 15g of protein per serving.

Overall, I recommend Premier Protein and Syntrax nectar. I think Unjury is a bit pricey for what it is and Muscle Milk/MM Light doesn't offer the best balance of nutrition to meet what I'm looking for. Body Fortress is okay, nice to have around for some variety, also this brand is a great value.

I love the Chike Protein Shakes. You can buy a sample pack of all the flavors.

The only one I can tolerate is pure Protein frosty chocolate with 35g protein that GNC orders for me. It's not even bad room temp. I drink one every other day or so on days I'm light on protein from my meals.

Hi there,

I have not had my surgery yet however I have stocked up all my cabnets with several types of Protein. I know my taste may change but my hubby is a body builder so whatever i dont use or like ..he gladly snatched from me. So i have the pure protein from Walmart chocalate and vanilla it has 23 grams of Protein. Its ok just a little thin in consistancy. I also have muscle gel protein by muscle pharm. bananna cream and mango they both have 22 grams of protein and NO sugar! they are sweet and very sticky! the best part is they are very small and even if you dont love them its a very little portion and alot of your daily protein requirement.One great deal i found was mix 1 all natural Protein shake only 15 grams of protein, but lactose free, soy free, gluten free, and caffeine free! The best part is i found them at big lots for 50 cents each and there very good. everytime i go in ther i buy 4 cases. And lastly i have the Protein Shots from New whey from walmart..they are like Syrup soooo sweet my hubby blends them with Water and fruit. I cant drink them at all so i will use them as a last resort. The only other thing I will purchase is the Isopure drinks from GNC because they have 40+ grams of protein per bottle..but iam waiting for them to go on sale.

oh I forgot to add unjury chicken flavor and strawberry sorbet....I have both but have not tried them yet I heard they were good and thats why I ordered them but we shall see

Pre-op, I really enjoy my Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein powder. It comes in a boatload of flavors, but I've only had Vanilla Ice Cream and Double chocolate. They're 23g Protein, and the largest amount of the Protein is whey isolate. 1 gram of sugar, 120 cals for a rounded scoop. They taste pretty good by themselves, especially mixed with 1% milk, but I also put them in a blender: With Vanilla Ice Cream, frozen fruit, or with either the Vanilla or chocolate with 1/2 - 1 banana, or with PB2, and sometimes a few ice cubes if I want something like a thick milkshake. I will aslo sometimes mix a scoop with 4 oz of milk and my morning coffee, and maybe a little cinnamon and a touch of cayenne if I'm doing the chocolate (basically get a Mexican hot chocolate mocha vibe).

You can buy it at a lot of the stores like GNC or Super supplements, or you can order it online from Amazon in everything from 1lb tubs (14 servings) to 10 lb bags.

Unfortunately I don't think they make their sample packs anymore, but I think you can possibly taste them at GNC.< /p>

>>I like to make Chai shakes, I get sugar free chai powder mix from World Market and mix it with a vanilla shake and some almond milk - YUMMYYYY.

Oh, that sounds good! Thanks for the great idea, MakeMyOwnLuck! :)