Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone!!

So glad to have found this site! My surgery is scheduled for July 15th! I am SO excited and SO nervous all at the same time. I start my pre-op diet on Monday!! I haven't really told many people. A few friends and my in-laws know. My husband had Gastric Bypass in Feb so he is super supportive. Can't wait to get to know you all better! :)

How are your doing??

I am having my VSG on July 31st. I feel like I have a pretty high pain tolerance level. However I am curious to know what the pain after surgery was like for everyone else? I have had 2 c-sections and wanted to try and compare to that. Thanks!!!

12 days to go...

I had a c-section little over a year before I was sleeved 7/8/13 in my opinion the sleeve was a walk in the park compared. I did have issues with throwing up spit my first two days but I haven't had a drop of pain meds since 7/10 two days out. I have no help (aside my hubby at night) with my one year old twin boys and I'm a full time mom. Been doing it all since this past Wednesday. You get worn out since u don't take in that many calories but I feel much more human than I thought I would.

Thanks twinzrule. I also have twins but they are 3. My husband and I both work full time and the girls are at a full time church pre school. So during the week while I am recovering they will be at school. I am glad to hear the pain wasn't near the c section. Thanks again.

I am having the surgery July 26th (one week from today). Just joined this group. Hopefully I can figure this all out! Julie

my surgery is on july 24 I cant wait so excited and so over this liquid diet!!!!

I'm on the 24th too! So ready to do this, and anxious at the same time!!

I have my surgery scheduled for July 31st. I am currently on day 3 of my 2 week liquid pre op diet. I am taking in 100 ounces of water' date=' 4 Protein shakes a day and about 3 sugar free jellos. I don't like broth so that is out of the question. Any other ideas for something I can have? I am in countdown mode but so hungry, will this feeling ever go away?

Hungry in Houston!!!![/quote']

sugar free ice pops!

sugar free ice pops!

I am two dAys post op. I was so bloated after the surgery...scale showed I had gained weight! But once the gas and fluids started moving....I have started to lose! I am on Clear liquids and doing ok. Injury chicken Soup, Isopure clear and unjuryt strawberry.

What are you eating? My puréed stage will be next week

I am eating all kinds of stuff. Chili of course smooshed really well. Cereal softened with milk, tuna and carrots, yogurt, mashed potatoes, oatmeal and smooshed bananas, Soup, string cheese, baby bell cheese wedges, pretty much anything that my sleevie will tolerate. I tried scrambled eggs but that did not agree with me. You just have to take it slow. I can tell when I start to get too full, because I will have major pain at the base of my sternum where the esophagus ends and sleevie begins. I am trying to learn when enough is enough and retrain my mind to know that.

Its amazing how each person drs regimen is different. I had no swallow tests, my pre-OP diet was only 1-day (I was allowed Breakfast but only Clear Liquids after 9am) which all went well, no problems with liver and i have fatty liver disease, and I am still on a liquid diet 10days post OP. After doing research online, the foods in each diet is different too. Some start pureed in the hospital, some don't until day 18. Guess it works for everyone each way. I'm anxious for something other than Protein Shakes

Anyone have any good suggestions for pureed/soft foods?

Its amazing how each person drs regimen is different. I had no swallow tests' date=' my pre-OP diet was only 1-day (I was allowed breakfast but only clear liquids after 9am) which all went well, no problems with liver and i have fatty liver disease, and I am still on a liquid diet 10days post OP. After doing research online, the foods in each diet is different too. Some start pureed in the hospital, some don't until day 18. Guess it works for everyone each way. I'm anxious for something other than Protein shakes

Anyone have any good suggestions for pureed/soft foods?[/quote']

I had one week low carb pre-op and have 21 days liquid post-op. I am half way through and doing okay probably had every cream Soup on the planet so far! Looking forward to the soft food stage too. :)

I just find it amazing that there are so many different plans. Apparently they all work which is all that matters in the end! I just had real Soup tonight for the first time. Just the broth not the veggies and noodles. I am still full liquid. But it was like Heaven. Do different than just plain brothel

Yes, the 17th...!!! How r u doing?

My surgery on Tuesday 7/16....I've been on a 2 week liquid, no fun but I've lost 11 lbs so far.

Hi I had my surgery last Monday 7/15.... it was a breeze.... I was so scared that I was going to be in horrible pain, but I wasn't... I was up and out of bed later surgery day and didn't need the pain medication after that.... I think I was very lucky! How did you guys do?

I am eating all kinds of stuff. Chili of course smooshed really well. Cereal softened with milk' date=' tuna and carrots, yogurt, mashed potatoes, oatmeal and smooshed bananas, Soup, string cheese, baby bell cheese wedges, pretty much anything that my sleevie will tolerate. I tried scrambled eggs but that did not agree with me. You just have to take it slow. I can tell when I start to get too full, because I will have major pain at the base of my sternum where the esophagus ends and sleevie begins. I am trying to learn when enough is enough and retrain my mind to know that.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it