Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Call your dietician or if you don't have a regular dietician or nutritionist you could try your surgeon's office. I'm betting they can give you an idea of what's going on and what to try.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

I heard several people in my support class say that the Water put on temporary weight that will come off in 2 to 3 days.

Chattanooga

I'm in murfreesboro

Im having my surgery July 8 in Nashville.

July 1st in Nashville

I'm in Nashville to ladies, my day is July 2; we need to keep up with each other.

I have a blog if anyone is interested. Http://www.meltableme.blogspot.com

Getting nervous and excited. 5 days before I start preop diet.

Hi, Troopersma--I'll follow your blog! Give mine a follow too? http://sleevahdiva.blogspot.com/ Good luck as you gear up for your Big Day--mine is on Monday. Eeeeeeep!!

I saw the surgeon today and got all my Vitamins and Protein supplements (is that not racket? $350 for 90 days of vitamins am two bags of Bariatric Advantage protein).

Holy guacamole! That's incredibly spendy. What brand of vitamins are you taking? Is it based on your surgeon's/NUT's recommendation that you get that particular brand?

I'm using good ol' Flintstones Complete chewables--actually, the CVS store brand of Flintstones. Even when I combine that cost with my Calcium, which is by Celebrate so it's a little more expensive and my B12sublinguals, it seems like you are really paying a LOT! Here's how it breaks down for me:

CVS Multivitamin + Iron chewables: $12.99 for 150 (one per day)

Celebrate Calcium Plus 500 chewables: $20 for 90 (three per day)

B12sublingual 2500mcg: $10 for 50 (one per day)

That works out to spending about $2.60 per month on Multivitamins, plus $20/month for calcium, and $6/month for B12 --even with another $40 for Protein Powder per month, I'm coming in waaaay under three hunnerd dollars. If I factor in $20 for protein-enriched almond milk, I'm still under $100 per month. That $350 price really does sound like a racket! :unsure:

Hello Everyone!!

So glad to have found this site! My surgery is scheduled for July 15th! I am SO excited and SO nervous all at the same time. I start my pre-op diet on Monday!! I haven't really told many people. A few friends and my in-laws know. My husband had Gastric Bypass in Feb so he is super supportive. Can't wait to get to know you all better! :)

Chattanooga

I am in Chattanooga as well!

Is anyone from our July group from the Dallas Texas area?

I am from Desoto, TX MaddieJ, You will be sleeved before me. (July 29th), and I would love to hear about your journey.

I'm July 29

I am July 29th as well. I am near Dallas, Texas

New member here - already doing liquid diet got July 8 th as my date

I'm July 8th too!

Good luck to all us July sleevers!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches