Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not even 2wks out n only have lost 11.3lbs

I'm pretty disappointed right now I was sleeved on Monday 4/1 n on Saturday 4/6 I was 10 lbs down from the previous Saturday (I only weigh my self once a wk) and today 4/13 I was only 1.3 lbs down :-( ugh so disappointing. I introduced soft foods on Thursday (cleared by surgeon to start earlier than 2 wks) I'm wondering if I didn't lose pretty much anything either because I started soft foods or I'm PMSing really bad. Altogether with pre op I've lost 20lbs

The first week out is mostly Water weight, your body is adjusting. Plus you said your are PMSing. I don't know about you, but I always gain right before my period. Your loss will come don't get discouraged.

Still an awesome loss for less than two weeks out!

Good luck!

I hope it's just my period that has me bloated grrrr lol I guess cuz I'm reading everyone's awesome weight loss the first 2 wks. Man I wish women didn't have this once a month deal thang that holds us back lol

I'm not saying that this is going to help any but I am going to say that you aren't alone. I was sleeved a week before you and I have not lost any weight since Wednesday a week ago. Infact I have gained about 3 pounds. I am following my diet, I haven't cheated even once (though it has been tempting because of the frustration). I stopped losing about the same time that I added soft foods and I got to do it a little before my two weeks out just like you. The weight will start coming off again for me and for you it will pick back up. I don't know when and I don't know that we even need to do anything different at this point. Our bodies have to catch up. We both were in starvation mode and now that we are actually feeding our bodies they want to hold on to everything that we are giving them because they don't know when the next meal may come. Once your body figures out that it is getting food again regularly and nutrients too it will start losing again. Keep your head up. Trust me, I know just how hard it is. You are doing great and you will continue to do great. Follow your plan and you will be successful!

Make sure you are getting in your Water and Protein. Those are the most important things right now and will do the most to help you lose. I'm getting in at least 64 oz a day and between 80-110 gm of protein. I'm telling you, the weight loss will pick back up!

Think of it this way. When's the last time you lost 11lbs in 2 weeks?

Everyone's body reacts different. Just because you don't see a dramatic weight loss in the first 2 weeks doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Your body is thoroughly out of whack right now. It will catch up and start to come off. Be patient, it'll happen. Just keep doing what you are doing and trust the process. Concentrate on your Water and Protein, those are especially important for you right now. Good luck!

I didn't lose anything at all right after surger yand infact, the scale claims I gained 2lbs in the first two weeks right after surgery.... and that was only eating 400 cal a day! I was freaked out at first too until I read around on these types of forums and found that it is normal to either not lose any/not lose much is the first few weeks. Very shortly after I had shown that gain it all started dropping off. Now I'm 2 month out and am down 44lbs since surgery. It will start to melt away, just hang in there!!

I guess I just need to give it a lil more time... It's true my body is outta wack right now ugh just felt frustrated this morning. But thank u guys for the support n explanations. I joined this forum after post surgery n I guess I didn't do my full research prior to surgery. It all happened so fast for me my insurance approved it so quick and stressed out with getting my work caught up I never had enough time to completely research and read about other people's experiences. I'm soooo glad I found this site during my recovery time prior to going back to work on Monday :-)

I had the same issue the first week I lost 13lbs then the second week got my period and didn't even lose a pound. But after my period I dropped another 5lbs. Don't stress it give your body a chance to catch up and figure itself out :)

I weighed exactly the same two weeks out as I did going into the hospital. I was so mad! But the doctor said I was pumped so full of liquids and air and thats why. Halfway through week 3 I had a big loss.

I'm weighing my self everyday now since sat n the scale doesn't seem to be moving I'm getting scared I'm doing something wrong