Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please give some answers or encouragement

I am almost 4 months out and have lost about 61 pounds. I want to lose another 20-25 pounds. I am at a stall and I know all about them. My question is. ...will this be all I lose? Am I finished losing? I also need help to not be so down about losing all those weight but still looking down at this fat stomach. Its like a huge amount that needs to be sucked and tucked but my doc says not for another year. Anyone else have these problems??

I'm 4 months out also and you've lost a lot more than me. I'm ok with it though because every once in awhile a pound or two loss sneaks in and I'm good to go for a bit more. It's a life change and the longer I have to learn new ways is best for me

Hang in there and you may want o measure .. That could show loss also

Same problems here too. I'm 5.5 months out, down 75 and will be seeking the help of a plastic surgeon. I'm meeting with one next month, just to get the details on what needs to be done (and cost) so I can start saving now. Best of luck to you. I stalled out for a couple weeks too in month 4...don't worry. Stick to plan and you'll continue to lose.

I am also 4 months out and stuck, I am only losing about a pound a week. My hubby was stuck at 4 months as well, he actually just started loosing again, much slower than in the beginning. Stick with the plan, it will come off! if you are working out, you are still losing inches.

I am working out daily but very slow at first. Have anyone of you ever heard of the weight just not coming off....I guess what Im saying is do people ever NOT reach goal or does it always happen??

You will have many stalls during this process. When your in a stall, you will notice that you are adjusting in inches. This is nothing to worry about as long as you are eating mostly Proteins and getting your fluids in.....eat healthy and it will come off in a heart beat.... :)

I haven't been sleeved yet, but just wanted to say a huge CONGRATS on what you have already lost! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have stalled and still be doing everything correctly, BUT, don't forget that you didn't gain all of your weight in 4-6 months, don't be down on yourself for not losing it in that time frame.

Keep up eating right, exercising right and don't give up. 61 pounds is great...go by the butter section at the grocery story and pick up a POUND of butter....Chic, you've lost SIXTY ONE of those...SIXTY-FREAKIN-ONE!!!! You're awesome!!!!

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have stalled and still be doing everything correctly

Lyndeeboo, I'm sorry to tell you, but you will be the first-hand recipient of this experience after you are sleeved! It happens to EVERYONE and it's perfectly normal. Your body needs to time to "catch up" when your losing so much so quickly and stalls are a by-product of that.

Looks like you have the right attitude though! Patience, and an understanding of how and why your loss speeds up, slows down and seems to defy logic is very helpful. But a positive attitude and a steadfast determination are keys to success!

Im also 4 months out and have lost 61 pounds as of this morning. Im so grateful for my sleeve and the energy I can now to do things I could or would not do before. I try not to let the slow losing get to me. I know Im still being healthy by eating right, staying hydrated, taking my Vitamins and exercising so I trust that the scale will move eventually. Im not exactly a patient person so I pray that I will eventually get to goal which is only 39 pounds away. When I break it down, Ive lost about 10 pounds a month for the past 4 months (I had lost 22 prior to surgery) so when I think of it that way, it sounds pretty good. Hang in there :)

Lyndeeboo, I'm sorry to tell you, but you will be the first-hand recipient of this experience after you are sleeved! It happens to EVERYONE and it's perfectly normal. Your body needs to time to "catch up" when your losing so much so quickly and stalls are a by-product of that.

Looks like you have the right attitude though! Patience, and an understanding of how and why your loss speeds up, slows down and seems to defy logic is very helpful. But a positive attitude and a steadfast determination are keys to success!

....I hope you saw the rest of that sentence that said "But...." and continued with saying that regardless of the stall I personally thought she was doing great. I was attempting to support the original poster and not discredit her being disappointed at her stall, but trying to POSITIVELY point out that she had already lost 61 pounds, which in itself is a huge, amazing accomplishment!

As I said, I haven't been sleeved and am SURE I will have moments where I need support...my comment to the poster was just one that was trying to be supportive :)

....I hope you saw the rest of that sentence that said "But...." and continued with saying that regardless of the stall I personally thought she was doing great. I was attempting to support the original poster and not discredit her being disappointed at her stall, but trying to POSITIVELY point out that she had already lost 61 pounds, which in itself is a huge, amazing accomplishment!

As I said, I haven't been sleeved and am SURE I will have moments where I need support...my comment to the poster was just one that was trying to be supportive :)

Yes, of course I did! I wasn't criticizing you dear. Really! I complimented you on your positive attitude!

Please don't take responses directed back to you on another person's post as negative, it wasn't in this case (and I pretty much NEVER do that, look back through my "content").

I was just trying to let you know that STALLS HAPPEN. Even if you're perfect in post-op diet, exercise, etc. It's normal. And the more you can wrap your head around that now (before surgery), the easier it will be to get through them when they happen to you.

I am almost 2 years out and still occasionally see the scale move. Ive been below (way below) goal for over a year now. I've had my fair share of stalls and what makes the sleeve soo awesome is that before.. I could talk myself into the whole "ugh this isn't working, I give up " business and eat a cake. Well now I can't do that.. my sleeve wont let me. I must keep going.. I no longer have the option to give up. If this was me presleave.. I would have given up 100 times. I am now a success story and soon you will be too. The best advice I can give you is to TRY to stay positive. Some days will be better than others but the new you will be worth the wait. You must work out.. consider it a part of your new life and body. You must make good choices. Your sleeve will help you with Portion Control but ultimately you are responsible for what you choose to eat. I have no doubt that you will also be a sleeve success story.. if I could do it, anyone can :D

I haven't been sleeved yet' date=' but just wanted to say a huge CONGRATS on what you have already lost! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have stalled and still be doing everything correctly, BUT, don't forget that you didn't gain all of your weight in 4-6 months, don't be down on yourself for not losing it in that time frame.

Keep up eating right, exercising right and don't give up. 61 pounds is great...go by the butter section at the grocery story and pick up a POUND of butter....Chic, you've lost SIXTY ONE of those...SIXTY-FREAKIN-ONE!!!! You're awesome!!!![/quote']

Thanks so much. ...never thought of it that way!!!!

I haven't been sleeved yet' date=' but just wanted to say a huge CONGRATS on what you have already lost! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have stalled and still be doing everything correctly, BUT, don't forget that you didn't gain all of your weight in 4-6 months, don't be down on yourself for not losing it in that time frame.

Keep up eating right, exercising right and don't give up. 61 pounds is great...go by the butter section at the grocery story and pick up a POUND of butter....Chic, you've lost SIXTY ONE of those...SIXTY-FREAKIN-ONE!!!! You're awesome!!!![/quote']

....I hope you saw the rest of that sentence that said "But...." and continued with saying that regardless of the stall I personally thought she was doing great. I was attempting to support the original poster and not discredit her being disappointed at her stall' date=' but trying to POSITIVELY point out that she had already lost 61 pounds, which in itself is a huge, amazing accomplishment!

As I said, I haven't been sleeved and am SURE I will have moments where I need support...my comment to the poster was just one that was trying to be supportive :)[/quote']

When I think of 61 pounds of butter...wow....lol That made me laugh!! Thanks so much for the support and encouraging words!!!!!

When I think of 61 pounds of butter...wow....lol That made me laugh!! Thanks so much for the support and encouraging words!!!!!

Hahaha, that's what my Mom always told me when I would be having a pity party about not losing much weight in one of my MANY attempts at weight loss. It's always 'stuck' with me and weeks when I will only lose one pound, picking up a POUND of better at least gives me a smile :)

Are you still stalled, or have you started losing again?