Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I've asked this question before but want to ask it again. I'm getting sleeved next week and earlier today stumbled upon an old and honest thread. Many we're talking about how much they regret doing it, wish they hadn't and had suffered complications along with depression. So am wanting to ask this question again....Any hardcore regrets after the first couple of weeks??? Reading all that today has hit me pretty hard

I wish I could have done it 20 years ago so my answer is nope.. No regrets

I wish I could have done it 20 years ago so my answer is nope.. No regrets

I agree! I wish I had done it a long time ago as well! I was letting fear and everyone elses opinion decide for me! I am extremely happy and living my life now instead of watching it! I would do it again tomorrow!!

I have absolutely NO regrets! I'm off of my high blood pressure medicine and my anti-depressant medicine has been cut in half! I'm loving it and I'm with shrinkingmom in wishing I could have had this done 20 years ago!

Thank you so much...I needed to her that. Before I asked this same question & received mostly positive feedback but the thread I read today started by somebody else was a lot of negative & regretful ppl. They were all just being honest but it totally freaked me out

hardcore regrets after t couple of weeks???

Soonergirl36

some people have minor/major complications during and or after surgery :angry:

this is always sad to hear - and remarks about wishing they had not had the surgery are "understandable"

that being said ......

The percentage of people that had serious complication with surgery is far and few between

there are the possibilities of complications in any surgery :angry:

there are people here that are upset in 3 days, saying how much they miss the food that they love

they regret the surgery for that reason - they miss the food they had yesterday, and want tomorrow.???

i NEVER understand concerns about missing this food or that - in regards to wishing they had not had the surgery???

pre WLS most people are aware of the start of their new life - not eating any food for awhile, then Clear liquids et al

for someone IMO to say they miss food virtually right after surgery is mind boggling (msp)

I'm referring to those who miss food so much, and are mad/upset - and for that reason, they wish they never had WLS

but, some of these people say this to vent (which is more than ok!!!)

but there are others who say this and regret the WLS??

being 15 months PO - at goal - i consider myself one of the happiest people alive!!! :)

no regrets in this corner of the world :)

No regrets here - onlys hurts when i grin from ear to ear

which is most of the time :D

(doesn't really hurt then either!!! ;) )

good luck next week with WLS :)

speedy recovery

Not even kind of! Best thing I have ever done for myself. Saw the doctor this morning and my blood pressure is 110/70. I love my sleeve and what is has taught me so far.

I wish there was a like like like button Proud Grammy!!! Thank you...this has helped tremendously with my small panic attack. Feeling much better now

I do not regret the surgery one bit! If I could have had it 15 years ago, I would have! From what I've seen on these boards, there are two categories of people who regret the surgery: the small percentage that had complications, and those who are less than three months out. With those that had complications, it is completely understandable that they would regret the surgery. You have to weigh whether the risk of the surgery is worth it to you for the chance at a new life. For the vast majority of us, the answer is yes! For those that are just coming out of the gate, they may have temporary regret of the surgery, but it is not the surgery they are regretting, it's the recovery and/or lifestyle change. Most of these people end up very happy with their sleeve once they are fully healed. Whenever you read a post where someone is complaining or indicating regret, I suggest you try to find out how far out they are from the surgery. Chances are, they are still within the first few weeks. The recovery is hard on some people, but for 99% of us, it is worth it.

I regret it. I would not do it again. Even when I meet my weight goal, which I feel I will in the next year or so...I am pretty confident - I will still regret it. I am not saying this to scare you. I am saying this to speak my truth & hopefully, help anyone who is like me - and should not have the surgery. This surgery or any wls surgery isn't for everyone. I am 1 month out. I have had no complications yet. I have been very lucky with having no thirst or hunger. I prepared for over a year. I knew the dangers. I knew the possible consequences. I didn't anticipate the shame and embarassment I feel - no way to prepare for that really. I didn't anticipate regretting it this much; I thought there would be some initial regret, then, it would subside..it hasn't. People slam me on here for speaking my truth, but I won't be quiet about it...it is not in my nature. So, the condensed version of why I regret it...I miss my life prior to surgery, unhealthy or not. I miss the life I had...there is NO going back after surgery. My goal is to move toward acceptance and make the best out of it.

Please make sure it is the best decision for you and your situation. Don't let any negative comments here on this site or anywhere in your life keep you from doing what is best for you. I wish you the best of luck. Take care!

Thank you luckysmomma for being so honest. I would never slam you for just being truthful. I'm so sorry you have so many regrets...hope it gets better

No regrets. I didn't think I'd be one of those people who are always like "I wish I did it sooner!" But it's true....I wish I did it sooner! Lol

It's true this surgery is not for everyone. If you are thinking this is going to be easy, get the surgery, sit back and watch the weight come off you will be in for a rude awakening. Nothing can really prepare you for all the life changes that come with this. You won't truly understand it til you go thru it. Do I regret it?? Absolutely not. Am I sad that I can't eat like I used to? Sometimes. Do I miss feeling unhealthy and winded walking around Walmart? NO!! You go thru so much emotionally and physically with this surgery. Drs are not lying when they say this is a total life change. You have to change everything from what you eat to how you view food. If you are not ready for change it's not a good idea to have major surgery IMO. I say this not to scare you or try to change your mind. I had a flawless surgery and amazing recovery. I've lost 53lbs since surgery and 67 with pre op diet In less than 3 months. I wouldn't change a thing. I love my new life. But I had to decide that I was ready to change my life no matter what was asked of me by my drs. I was 100% ready. If you are scared that is completely understandable but if you are undecided then take some more time til you feel ready. Hope that helps! Good luck in your decision!