Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

almost a month out and still cant eat a scrambled egg?

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well I am hoping you can help me answer a question...Im almost a month post op and i can eat pudding or yogurt even have tryed frozen yogurt and a few bites or real ice cream ....but this afternoon for lunch I scrambled an egg with cheese on top and after.2 1/2 bites I felt sick and had to stop....does tgis sound right? why sime tines I can eat lots of soft stuff but scrambled eggs are soft right??

Some people really struggle with egg in the beginning (type "egg" into the search box in the top right-hand corner of this site!).

At 4 weeks post-op I was not eating solids (egg is a borderline solid, in my opinion). Give it more time and don't stress out. Stick to your post-op eating plan but remember that each person is unique and the plan is generalized for all patients. Just because it's on your plan doesn't mean YOU might tolerate it, even if someone else who has surgery the same day as you did might be fine with that same food.

It was hard for me to eat eggs until about week 6

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well I am hoping you can help me answer a question...Im almost a month post op and i can eat pudding or yogurt even have tryed frozen yogurt and a few bites or real ice cream ....but this afternoon for lunch I scrambled an egg with cheese on top and after.2 1/2 bites I felt sick and had to stop....does tgis sound right? why sime tines I can eat lots of soft stuff but scrambled eggs are soft right??

Have you tried eggbeaters? I started my soft/blended foods today and my eggbeaters were an easy to consume Breakfast. Filled up fast tho.

Are you sure you are eating slowly enough? eggs make me sick at 4 weeks post op if I don't eat slowly enough. But tiny bites and lots of chewing and they go down just fine.

You aren't the only one. I'm 4 1/2 weeks post-op and cannot eat an egg, no matter the form. Scrambled, soft boiled and mushed, pureed egg salad...tried them three different ways. I was sick like a dog yesterday, trying it for the third time. I think I'm going to wait until I'm further out before trying again.

eggs aren't even on my list until week 6...which totally bums me out, because I love eggs!!

I think everyone and everyone's post op plan is different. I was able to eat an egg 2 weeks after once I was on soft foods... I have had no problem with it. Good luck to everyone trying new things. I am 4 weeks post op and I am heading to Disney this week. Worried about eating there. Can't take Protein Shakes on the plane so I am planning to go to a store down there to get them. Hopefully I can get through ok.

I think everyone and everyone's post op plan is different. I was able to eat an egg 2 weeks after once I was on soft foods... I have had no problem with it. Good luck to everyone trying new things. I am 4 weeks post op and I am heading to Disney this week. Worried about eating there. Can't take Protein shakes on the plane so I am planning to go to a store down there to get them. Hopefully I can get through ok.

See if you can get some single serve packets of the whey powder - Syntrax nectar are my favorites. That way you can take them with you on the plane with an empty shaker bottle, and just ask for some bottled Water to mix them with. I can't imagine heading to Disney at 4 weeks out... We are DVC members so we are there quite often. That place tires me out on a good day! Just take it easy and do what you can. All of the restaurants are really good about handling special requests - I'm gluten-free as well - just let them know when you get there, or note it on reservations that you have restrictions.

ok for all you who are about 4 weeks or so....(or were once 4 weeks out) I lost a total of 25lbs in the firat 2 weeks amd have been at a stall since then why? and no i not loosing inches. Im scared to death I wo.t loose any more weight

ok for all you who are about 4 weeks or so....(or were once 4 weeks out) I lost a total of 25lbs in the firat 2 weeks amd have been at a stall since then why? and no i not loosing inches. Im scared to death I wo.t loose any more weight

Everyone has the dreaded stalls! You'll start seeing a difference soon!

I couldn't tolerate eggs at that time, either. I never threw up, slimed or was sick in any way from anything, but eggs sat in my stomach like a rock. Now I can eat pretty much anything. As for the stall - we have them. I used to have that fear all the time - that I would be the only one who this didn't work for. It does get easier over time, just hang in there!

I AM scared that I'll be the only one it won't work for!!! No cheating and still just lost 13.5lbs in a month :(, and I'm trying really hard ....

You may be eating too much fat!! It digests slowly and can back things up. It can also cause dumping syndrome which feels like the flu or food poisoning. You should stay away from ice cream, frozen yogurt, regular cheese and egg yolks. Anything with a high fat content. Worse thing, it will sabotage your weight loss!!