Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yep! Every day gets a little better.

Just wondering if any one else has experienced ups and downs with their emotions I am 3 wks post op

Today was the worst day with emotion s. I'm crying, mad and sorry at all the same time. I am 2 weeks post op and so sad. All I do is lay down and feel sorry for myself. Not even getting my fluids in.

Yes! I did experience that too. Never the less I feel soooo much better. I am almost 6 weeks out feeling fine. Each day did and does get better. Im Even calmer in some respect. Recently, i ve noticed that i don't even crave food to cope with daily stressors. It is a transition to my new life as a sleever.

Yup even as a guy.

I've been super depressed for the past 3 days. Regretting this decision, laying in bed, barely eating/drinking anything I'm supposed to, hoping to shrivel up and disappear. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. I know I made a choice to better my health and my life, but it feels like I just ended a relationship without any thought, even though I thoroughly researched everything about VSG. But, it is what it is, and I have to own up to my decision. I'm already half way to goal, so I guess that's a plus.

It's different for everyone. I was very depressed the first month..it got a little better by month two..I'm 4 days shy of my 3 month anniversary and I'm finally better.

I'm so, so very glad for this website and the knowledge that I'm not alone in this! I've never really been one prone to depression but this is kicking my a**! All I seem to do is want to cry and mope about the house.

I don't regret the surgery at all - I wish I'd done this sooner to be honest - but I do regret that I can't magically overcome my food addiction and reliance on it as a crutch. So glad to learn that there will be an end to this depression...

I am feeling that way now. I often feel regretful of my decision and wish I could reverse it so I can feel "normal" again. Sometimes I am angry and other times I am so down I don't wanna get up out of bed. I am entering my 3rd week post op I hope this passes soon.

I'm almost 6 weeks -- thank goodness my husband is super patient because I'll admit - I'm a lunatic! I'm up and down all day, you never know what I'm going to be. I can feel myself being crazy and I can't stop. I'm desperately trying to get a handle on it and have found that days when my Protein and Water intake has been low, have been worse. I'm open to suggestions for sure!!! Good luck too!!

Oh yes. I didn't expect the emotional changes that would take place. I'm normally not an overly emotional person. Since the surgery a little over 3 weeks ago I've experienced more emotional issues than I have in many years. I'm not really one to cry or act sad or depressed so it has come out as anger or irritation. All last week I had to make a real effort to keep it in check because this was my decision ( no regret in having this surgery) and the people around me do not need to take the heat for it. Since having a little pow wow with myself I have been able to rise above for the most part and am starting to get back to my usual, pretty pleasant self. This surgery and the lifestyle change it requires is one of the hardest things I've ever done. It does get better once you come to terms with the changes that are taking place. For me it's like an acceptance of what I've done and a resignation to deal with the aftermath. I'm hoping to become overjoyed with it any day now:)

mine's more anger and irritation too ... totally feel ya.

I broke down in tears a week after surgery! After that I noticed my patience was kinda thin but it only lasted a few weeks for me.