Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG, I want to CHEAT! Surgery on Tues.

I am on day 13 of my preop diet and just want to EAT!:hungry: I have been fighting the urge to go out and get something for the last few hours, like ciggs or food :omg: (OMG I cant believe I said that) I quit almost 4 weeks ago. :clap2: Why is this so hard today? Ive been good for the past several days just freaking out now. I think im worried about the finality of it all. Wondering if I shouldnt just go have a last meal, I know that would be bad just trying to justify it in my head. OMG is this terrible, has anyone else had this issue before there sx? Someone tell me this is normal. please...:think :think :hungry:

You are way to close now. I only had to be on liquids for 5 days prior to surgery so this must be very rough for you. You don't want to eat anything right now since pre op diet helps the liver to shrink so it won't be in the way of the probes. Congrats on quitting and after 4 weeks it is out of your system so keep it out. That will be my next task, to quit. You had alot thrown at you at once and you are doing great so keep going. Take a walk and smell the fresh air because I am sure it smells better than my air since you quit.

You are almost there...........I think I can, I think I can.........choo choo!!!! You are the little engine that could.

Josephine

Thanks For The Kind Words, Im Trying, I Think I May Have Some Baked chicken That Is In The Fridge, Yep I Am, Just Went And Got It, The Dietician Told Me I Could Have It In Case Of Emergency, This Is A Better Choice That Orange Chicken And Fried Rice From Panda. I Will Make It Its Just Gonna Be Hard Hard Hard For The Next 60 Hrs

Hang in there itsuptome. I know it must be really hard. I only had to not eat anything the day before surgery. I was on liquid for 24 hours prior & that was rough. I can't imagine for that many days. You have gone this far though and before you know it your day will be here!! Good luck!:confused:

It is common. I struggled for a few days....I was on just cottage cheese and low fat yogurt. My pre/op coordinator told me that I had done so well with losing on the pre/op diet that I could have a chicken breast and plain veg the night before surgery if I wanted........and I did! Gave me something to look forward to while eating that dreadful cottage cheese.< /p>

Carol

Hubby and I went x-mas shopping and then to village in and I got a chef salad with vinegar and oil and only used the vinegar. there was an egg, ate only the white, no tom, no croutons, ate sm amount turkey and some cheese (just a little) no carbs in any of it so i think i did okay?! I didnt have a shake for dinner. so the calories should be okay right? anyway its over and i feel okay about it so on to tomarrow.

I feel the same way, I am having surgery on Wednesday and the liquid diet is killing me! I am tired of broth and popsicles!

But I know that we will be better off sticking to the preo-op diet, good luck!!

:help:

Today is Tuesday and it's YOUR day! I hope everything went well and you are up and about in no time. You did incredible on your 13 days and I have no doubt that you'll do incredible with the band.

Take care, Shawn

It might help if you try to get out of the "diet" mentality. The band isn't a "diet" in the usual sense of the word. I think that word specifically has connotations that it isn't permanent, that it's about deprivation and putting food into "good" and "bad" catagories.

I think the people that have the greatest success with their band long-term view this as a lifestyle change as opposed to a diet.

You can't cheat on your lifestyle, you simply make other choices.

I hope that helps!

Strength and Courge!

I am on day 13 of my preop diet and just want to EAT!:hungry: I have been fighting the urge to go out and get something for the last few hours, like ciggs or food :omg: (OMG I cant believe I said that) I quit almost 4 weeks ago. :clap2: Why is this so hard today? Ive been good for the past several days just freaking out now. I think im worried about the finality of it all. Wondering if I shouldnt just go have a last meal, I know that would be bad just trying to justify it in my head. OMG is this terrible, has anyone else had this issue before there sx? Someone tell me this is normal. please...:think :think :hungry:

At your weight you shouldn't have to be on such a strict pre-op diet. It is for people with larger abdomens who need to lose the fat around their livers so the Dr. can work. I just had to stop eating 10 hrs before. But if that's what your doc told you, go with it.:o

My surgery is Friday, and I have liquids with laxative on Thursday. Hope I'm not doing this wrong. I certainly want this surgery to work. I had the band removed after a year this past April. ( slippage) Anyone who has been given advice to prevent slippage, please let me know. I tried so hard to do everything the first time. Wish me luck!

DDee

When I get the "urge", I take a bite....is it worth it, yep! Do I feel guilty, nope! Do I pig out...absolutely not! Rewarding yourself to a small sample will prevent you from thowing caution to the wind and giving up. If we had the willpower in the first place we would not need the surgery. I applaud the people that have that kind of self control. My doc said he had rather me give in to a small desire than to let the desire control me.