Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC - December chat

Hello all! Life since my second fill last Monday has been interesting. Some things I have learned:

1. It's not the first bite that's a killer. It's the second or third!

2. If you can drink it for Breakfast, that's a good option

3. Soup with lunch or dinner helps relax the esophagus and reduces PBs

4. A glass of wine does even better.

5. You will never be bored with a band!

Jo Ann

I've learned that just when I think I know my band- I don't. Sometimes I can eat breakfast- sometimes I can't. Ditto for the rest of my meals. If I get really hungry- forget it I'm getting stuck.....life is interesting.

Jekbird, I was instructed to shoot for 60% Protein, 20% veggies, 20% starch. I usually end up with more like 40/30/30 -- but that seems like a good balance to me. I aim for 1/2 - 1 cup of food total, per meal. Sometimes I can't eat that much, sometimes more.

To continue with the theme of "what I've learned"...

I've learned what "oh crap, I'm about to erp up this food" feels like -- and I thankfully haven't goen any further.

I've learned random stuff like candy corn is impossible one day, and smooth and easy the next. Bandsters always say that, and now I get it.

I've learned that losing weight feels SO GOOD! And it makes me want to do all I can to work with the band to keep it going.

I never know from one day to the next what I can eat or how much. I do know that first thing in the morning I better drink something warm before I eat otherwise solid food no matter how much I've chewed it will go down like the Titanic. Just when I think I need a fill, the darn thing feels tight again.

I've learned that just when I think I know my band- I don't. Sometimes I can eat breakfast- sometimes I can't. Ditto for the rest of my meals. If I get really hungry- forget it I'm getting stuck.....life is interesting.

I like the "what I've learned theme we have going, it really is a learning process, learning your band, learning how to eat to live and learning how to lose weight. I love my band but I'm also quite afraid of it! LOL I am terrified that tomorrow when I try solid food for the first time since my third fill that I will PB for the first time. Wish me luck, I'll update you all tomorrow!

Well, to keep it going...what I've learned. I've learned that I don't have to panic if I have a setback (ie: overfill etc.) I can still succeed. I've learned that my defeatest attitude doesn't help.

Goodluck Jamie! Everytime I have PB'd it was either because I ate too fast or too big of a bite.

I have learned...

That I absolutely LOVE my band. I never want to go anywhere without it ever again! It was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Well I got my second fill yesterday and it hasn't been too bad. Im on liquids only and this morning was alittle rough I kept feeling the need to spit, I didnt vomit or anything but I was spitting saliva out all morning YUCK Im starting to feel much better tonight. I'm also nervous about PBing after this fill I hope not

Wow, spitting from liquids Pebbles. You might be a smidge too tight. I hope it gets better. I got tighter each day after my second fill not looser like the first one.

Well it does seem better tonight. I havent had any problem with liquids but for some reason my saliva was bothering me, I did call the Dr's this morning and she said to wait and if I was still like that tomorrow night I need to go back in and see the Dr. Im really hoping that it turns out to be fine, I want to leave my fill because I really need some restriction especially with the holidays coming up I want to get down a few more pounds.

What I've learned so far:

That I need to work with my band and pay attention to what it likes and doesn't like. example: it doesn't like bread... so stop trying to eat it!

That it's my friend and it's doing it's job.

Even though you now eat small amounts you still need to pay attention to what that small ammount is.

That I'm grateful that I did this every day.

That it's a slow process and I'll get there!:clap2:

Hey! I have completely grown "under" my 1Xs and 20s. It is mostly professional clothes, not many casual ones. Does anyone need professional clothes in these sizes?

Btw, I am 5'7" to give you an idea of the size of the clothes. They wouldn't work well if you are petite I don't think.

So after a month of feelling like I was at a standstill the scale has finally moved!!! And very quickly! Since my fill I've lost 4 lbs, and 2lbs from before my fill that I didnt know about because I got frustrated and stopped weighing in lol. So I got to move my ticker 6 whold lbs and it feels great! I am having no trouble with my new adjustment but I definately feel restriction now! I thought I was eating small portions before but now they are like 1/2 cup per meal and super small Snacks like 4 cheese cubes! I'm so excited because it feels like I finally found my "sweet spot" :) How is everyone else doing.....its been quite around here the last few days....

I would like to know what other people typically eat in a day. I know that we are not supposed to eat between meals, but when you have a tight restriction, that's hardly anything at all - after a few bites of Protein, there's no room for veggies or fruit, so when do you eat those? I still have Constipation and gas, too, so I know that I need to eat a more balanced diet...

Eileen