Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am i doing? i am terrified!

Surgery is in less than 20 hours. I've never been so scared.

You are 20 hours away from a totally new and awesome life!!! The way you feel in a few weeks after, is so worth this anxiety right now. Just look forward to the results and not the surgery as much as you can. Plan for your new life journey and think on that. I will be praying for you!! Let us know how it goes! :P

I know I know - I know I'm doing the right thing. Honestly, it's my first time to do surgery and I just don't know what to expect. I'm ridiculously worried about anesthesia - Lots of people have told me that it's just like a really quick nap but the idea is just getting me really really nervous and sick now. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. I hope it goes well and I hope my anxiety doesn't push me to make a scene as they prep me for surgery!

I know I know - I know I'm doing the right thing. Honestly, it's my first time to do surgery and I just don't know what to expect. I'm ridiculously worried about anesthesia - Lots of people have told me that it's just like a really quick nap but the idea is just getting me really really nervous and sick now. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. I hope it goes well and I hope my anxiety doesn't push me to make a scene as they prep me for surgery!

Hi and Good luck tomorrow! Make sure to let the nurses and anesthesiologist know you are having anxiety. They might be able to help you out.

Good luck again for a smooth surgery and easy recovery!

I'll let them know for sure. I actually feel like I'm about to get a nervous breakdown. I never knew I would be that scared. Thanks for the kind wishes!

I had to have work done in my nose and I was scared but I remember being rolled into the operating room an counting down from 10.. It's really like blacking out. My sleeping meds often knock me out and I don't remember falling asleep..it's really not that bad. The nausea though that was the worst part of it all. Just take your mind off things. Take a nice bath or go to a hot tub. That always makes my mind turn to mush

I think I might just do that. I really want time to pass fast - I want to get it over and done with. The wait is horrible. I know I sound like a complainer - but I really am not. Thanks for the message!

Well congrats and good luck with getting your sleeve! It is scary at first, but everything will go fine, and then your new and healthier life will start. I was scared too the day before...but I am so glad I got it, I never regretted one minute of my decision! :) You will be fine!

I planned to get sleeved about two years ago and then I chickened out coz of my anxiety issues! Despite how nervous I am right now, the thought of chickening out again hasn't crossed my mind at all - so that's a good sign, no?

I was so scared too... I really do understand. I am sharing my before and current photos with you as inspiration... it is soooo worth it! This surgery can change your life - for the better! i would do it 10 times over if I had to!!!!

post-12388-13813664370409_thumb.jpg

post-12388-13813664371952_thumb.jpg

Oh my God - you loooook beautiful!! Thank you so much for this <3 I really appreciate it!! Truly an inspiration :)

I was so scared too... I really do understand. I am sharing my before and current photos with you as inspiration... it is soooo worth it! This surgery can change your life - for the better! i would do it 10 times over if I had to!!!!

post-12388-13813664370409_thumb.jpg

post-12388-13813664371952_thumb.jpg

amazing job! Great inspiration!

Go explore the gallery or the VSG success stories thread. Heck, go read my profile! I was convinced I was going to die, and I had the medical problems to make that a real threat. I gambled and won! You will, too! Imagine where you want to be in a year. How about this? In one year, imagine yourself 100 pounds lighter, wearing great skinny clothes, hair done, makeup on, heading out for a date with the guy/gal of your dreams. It's a real possibility... and it's my reality at 19 months out. All you have to do is get on that table, then follow the post-op diet for six weeks, add in a little exercise and you'll be 100 pounds lighter in no time. I would have given my right arm to lose 100 pounds pre-op. All I really had to give up was 1.5 hours on the operating table, with no memory of that time, 85% of my stomach, and about an hour 4-5 times a week to exercise. I think I won the lottery!!! :)

I know this sounds trite and silly, but i honestly never ever ever imagined the success I have had. I feel like a woman again instead of an blob. I haven't been this thin since i was 22 - I am 48 now.

I was more terrified of this surgery then I could imagine. I feared I would so regret cutting out a portion of a perfectly good organ. Then, I started thinking, no my stomach was not "perfectly good" in fact, it was defective. It was hungry all the time and was way too big. Good riddance!!!

Honestly, even just losing a good portion of your excess weight is amazing. My high blood pressure, sleep apnea and all sorts of other demons just disappeared when I got under 200#-225# range. Now, even though my BMI is still sligthly above normal, I feel like a million bucks, I can wear dresses and just feel so great.

When the fear overtakes you, just remember the great success the future holds for you. You too can have your life transformed!

Wow - I would give anything really to even lose 20 pounds!! I'm not setting my standards low but seeing a difference in my clothes or scale would make me the happiest person ever. It's been ages since I felt comfortable in my own skin. Actually, I don't even remember if I ever felt that. I am ready for the surgery - I know I'm doing the right thing for myself and I know it will probably be the best thing I ever do for ME! I wish I can just relax a little and only focus on the positive that I do acknowledge deep down inside. You really are an inspiration too and thank you so much for the message :)