Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massive appetite little restriction

I have read a lot of people on here say to take Prevacid or something like that bc it could be stomach acid making u feel hungry when your really not. I hope that helps.

Hmm.. Interesting!

I know I have upped my dose per my doctors instruction but still no relief. Either my acid levels are that of a volcano or my doctor didn't do the surgery properly. I know its not head hunger because my hunger is coming from an empty feeling stomach. I don't drink when I eat but can't hang on to a satisfied state.

when you say a full serving of anything? what does that mean? give us examples

have you lost weight?

Have you spoke to the surgeon regarding your concerns especially the lump and indentation? Also why you can eat so much and why your always hungry?

Have you tried logging your food on a app like MFP and eating every 2 to 3 hours making sure that you eat food to reach daily Protein goals and liquid goals?

I find that eating Cereal does not keep me full, so I've never even had it since surgery..

What does the surgeon say about all this?

The problem with eating every few hours is the amounts I'm eating. I'm consuming 160 calories here. 260 there. I'm not active due to the pain in my side can't exercise. So my calories just ad up. Protein rich foods have a lot of sodium depending on if they are precooked. Calories from fat and fat itself. But I'm not going to say I always eat protein just mostly protein. Plus we live in a world where food is expensive. I was really counting on the restriction and appetite suppression. That's what I was after.

What you're going through sounds horrible and I am so sorry! First and foremost I would have your primary doctor look at your stomach. That sounds concerning. As far as the hunger, I feel your pain on a lesser scale. I am 4 weeks out and get hungry much more often than I thought I would. I am free to eat all foods and have no problems with anything at all that I eat. The only advise I would say is maybe try a Protein Shake like premium for Breakfast (not as healthy as the Isopure you had, but better tasting and filling, I think), something like chili for lunch and then chicken for dinner. Fill in the cracks with cottage cheese, light string cheese and Greek yogurt. Try it for 1 week and see if you feel a difference. You are still very newly out and your body might need to get used to what happened. Keep us posted and good luck!

I boil a chicken (whole) every week... Cheap moist not salty... I shred the meat off the bones and use it all week for dishes.

That's a great idea Laura-ven - think that's going to be what I will do. I have found previously that chicken can be too dry and sticks, but if its boiled, as you say, it will be moist.

I like the boiled chicken idea! Try slowing down while you're eating- take a LONG time, and chew, chew, chew. Maybe that would help?