Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those of you that are post-op PLEASE keep us informed as to how you all are doing be it bad or good...I know once you all have the surgery things change but it really means a lot to us that haven't been sleeved...

STAY WITH US....lol

Nearly 4 weeks out update: I'm feeling pretty good, just tired a lot. Went to the bowling alley yesterday and did fine until the 10th frame and decided I was finished for the day. I'm eating most anything that soft or easily chewable. I've found that if a particular food doesn't agree with me I get a little chilled and feel dizzy. The incisions are taking longer than I'd like to heal but are getting better each day.

I've lost 21 lbs and do not regret this surgery for one minute.The adjustment to this new lifestyle is harder than I thought it would be but I'm making small progress each day in learning how to succeed.

Good luck to you!

I'm here!!!! 5 weeks post op and doing wonderful. Stalled on the scale, but soft foods, inches going down, things are all good here.

I am one year and 8 months post op...I'm still here! ;) I have been doing great! My hair stopped falling out at about 7 months post op....it is shinier then even before...my skin has cleared up...and is so soft now! I have gone from 315 pounds down to 170! I went from a size 24-26, and 3x to a size 9-14, and large tops....all of my back, knee, neck and any other aches and pains have gone away. I can walk up a flight of stairs without stopping to catch my breath after....I can wear makeup again because I don't sweat it all off anymore! I used to be covered in sweat all the time! My shoe size has gone down....so now my feet can fit into cute shoes again! I can have sex in any position now ;) ! My cholesterol, lipids, and all other blood work are within normal ranges! My youngest daughter can fit her arms more then all the way around me! I can fit on all the amusement park rides :) my confidence and self esteem are booming! Hehe.... My husband looks at me with THOSE eyes again ;) . I like my picture taken again. I am able to eat anything with my sleeve....but I don't really like sweets anymore. I can drink whatever I want, and as fast as I want again. I am excited for life again! I love going out and doing things, instead of sitting on the couch all day long. Seriously.....the list goes on and on....I'm sorry this was so long....but these are some of the most important things to me that have changed since being sleeved. The only problems I have right now are; my boobs went from being really full and bubbly to way smaller, and floppy...my tummy looks like it was a full balloon and someone let all the air out, and these last 20 pounds are hard as hell to get off! The sleeve was the best decision I could have ever made for my health! I would have never been able to reclaim my life without it! Good luck! Hope this helps! :)

Surgery on 2/4/13....eating small portions of Protein first, then fruits, then veggies. Energy level is great. Working to be consistent in my exercise (walked 3 miles yesterday). sleeping well. Been through a couple stalls but continue to lose inches.

Overall....would do it again! Very pleased with the results!

I'm a newbie to the loser's bench, I was sleeved March 28. Gas pain: gone; nausea: gone, post op bloat: gone, energy: yep! I do want to post my immediate post op condition because I'm afraid and will forget just how fast I felt better. And I am 5lbs down from the morning I left home. :)

BIG THNX to all of you that replied to this thread......it means so much :)

Sassygirl I could've kept reading your post....You go girl...that is awesome!!!

Where are the 2 & 3 yr. sleevers?!?! I'd love to hear from you all!!!

I agree. This is great to see what's in store after surgery. Sassygirl I LOVED your post. That is exactly what I am hoping for! So happy for you!

I'm 3 week out today and down 20lbs. I started with a low BMi and am happy with this loss. The first two days after surgery were the hardest but it has been better since. I stopped taking any pain meds once I got home from MX, haven't needed them. I have no problem getting all my Water in, I don't have to sip anymore I can take regular drinks now. Isopure unflavored has been my saving grace for getting my Protein. I am walking up to 30mins everyday. I haven't noticed anymore Hair loss then normal but my skin is so clear and my nails are stronger then normal. Getting off all that junk food has been good for my body ;) I am going back to work next week and feel ready for it. I started puree this week,a hard boiled egg went down fine, but refried Beans were too dense for me. It's all a learning process

I find that my head does still occasionally want some junk food but my body isn't hungry and is satisfied and sustained on this diet. I haven't felt weak at all. My biggest struggle thus far is getting my head and stomach in sync. My head wants food but my stomach doesn't and up until this point my head has been stronger then my stomach, time for them to work together lol

My advice to any going through this surgery, push through and persevere, the moments when you regret it, feel pain or struggle keep moving forward it will get better and on the other side is nothing but good health! When I was at the hospital feeling miserable someone told me to "just keep truckin" best advice I could've gotten :)

I am 5 weeks out today so far I am doing great down 37 pounds so far. there is a few things that I can't eat bt I love just they don't agree with me anymore. I am feel a lil tired still but I'm feeling much better than last week. I am having trouble gettin all of liquids in cause I hate Water :( not good i know. I haven't had any hair fall out yet thank god for that I am scared to lose my hair.< /p>

sleeved by Dr. Cabrera and Dr. Venzuale on 2/25/2013

I agree. This is great to see what's in store after surgery. Sassygirl I LOVED your post. That is exactly what I am hoping for! So happy for you!

Thank you! It's very rewarding when I can help others that are just starting out on their journeys, even in small ways like this. I know when I was just starting I couldn't read enough about it! Lol good luck to you on achieving all your goals!

Also,as a little advise to you all just starting out...make yourself little goals that you want to accomplish along the way. Small milestones like reaching a 25 pound loss or even for 10 pounds (for those with a little more money..lol). Make out a list of things you would like to reward yourself with along the way. For me, when I would lose 25 pounds I would do one of those desired things on my list. For example; the first 25lbs I went and got a pedicure, for the next I got acrylic nails, then I got a new hair style at a salon, after that it was my first massage ever....things like this helped me keep motivated to go to the gym everyday, or at least do some form of exercise. It also gave me more self confidence....and overall a feeling of accomplishment! Keep smiling! And welcome to your new life! :)

Those of you that are post-op PLEASE keep us informed as to how you all are doing be it bad or good...I know once you all have the surgery things change but it really means a lot to us that haven't been sleeved...

STAY WITH US....lol

I'm just a few days post-op. I will update when I am home, later this week. Its hard for me to type efficiently on my Kindle. I'm feeling well, though.

~Kat

THANK YOU!!!! I love hearing how EVERYONE is doing, whether it is one hour after surgery or 5 years after! It's so great to see where we will all be!!!!

Is anyone here a revision from lapband im wondering if my post op will be different from virgin sleevers

I'm 4 months out and everything is great. Previously 2x banded/unbanded, 18 month recovery then sleeved. Surgery was nothing and not a bit of pain anywhere. Absolutely .. Easiest surgery ever! Back to normal as soon as I woke from surgery and ready to go. I LOVE MY SLEEVE AND THE NEW HEALTHY ME :D