Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Lotza

I live 15 minutes from the airport, so I could get you and take you to Dr. K's then we could do RR!! Let me know...

You are so awesome!! That would be great! Now I just have to figure out when I can come.

Marcy~no cutsie names for the pup?, darn, that's all I can think of when I think of a yorkie (is that what you said your getting?)

Mal - a Yorkie? Really? Do you see me as a fluffy dog kinda person??? No, we'll be getting a BOSTON TERRIER...you know, big eyes, big noggin'? They're super fun! When it comes to naming dogs I always try to think "What am I going to feel ok with running down the street screaming?" I remember yelling "Pepper!!" When I was a kid and I hated the name, seemed so lame at the time! Our last Boston was named "Fifty" (after a P-52 Bomber airplane)...Connor thinks we should name this one "Fifty-two" Haha!:thumbup:

Munch - now, older guys aren't that bad! Don't swear them all off just because you managed to find a bad one. Give him a chance...give YOURSELF a chance! Besides, maybe he'll die first and leave you everything?!?! (See how I can always look on the bright side? That "bad" sarcasm comes with living in the bush!):scared2:

Halloween Challenge - I'm still the same...dang-it! My doc had to reschedule my fill today - I'll be in on Monday...so maybe I'll lose a lb or two before Halloween???:thumbup:

;)

Bella - Way to go!!!:blush:

Mal - a Yorkie? Really? Do you see me as a fluffy dog kinda person??? No, we'll be getting a BOSTON TERRIER...you know, big eyes, big noggin'? They're super fun! When it comes to naming dogs I always try to think "What am I going to feel ok with running down the street screaming?" I remember yelling "Pepper!!" When I was a kid and I hated the name, seemed so lame at the time! Our last Boston was named "Fifty" (after a P-52 Bomber airplane)...Connor thinks we should name this one "Fifty-two" Haha!:lol:

Munch - now, older guys aren't that bad! Don't swear them all off just because you managed to find a bad one. Give him a chance...give YOURSELF a chance! Besides, maybe he'll die first and leave you everything?!?! (See how I can always look on the bright side? That "bad" sarcasm comes with living in the bush!):w00t:

Halloween Challenge - I'm still the same...dang-it! My doc had to reschedule my fill today - I'll be in on Monday...so maybe I'll lose a lb or two before Halloween???:eek:

:tt2:

Bella - Way to go!!!:cool2:

Marcy-you crack me up!!!! Good points, all of them!!!!!! (And I don't think it's bad sarcasm, just honest sarcasm!:mellow:)

Puff Mama-no weight change for me this week which is fine since I have to fit in a bridesmaid dress in a week that is already to big on my "girls". I'm telling you, I am going to end up flashing everyone at the wedding by accident-I know it....Yikes!!

Can you help me? I am getting surgery at Crown Point. Do you have a recommendation for a hotel. The Hampton Inn is close. (only 2 minutes away) The Marriot (11 min) has been nice in other cities. Select Hotel by Holiday Inn is 6 minutes away. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for the help. I need to make reservations tomorrow.

Can you help me? I am getting surgery at Crown Point. Do you have a recommendation for a hotel. The Hampton Inn is close. (only 2 minutes away) The Marriot (11 min) has been nice in other cities. Select Hotel by Holiday Inn is 6 minutes away. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for the help. I need to make reservations tomorrow.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn. It was fabulous.

Marcy-you crack me up!!!! Good points, all of them!!!!!! (And I don't think it's bad sarcasm, just honest sarcasm!:eek:)

Puff Mama-no weight change for me this week which is fine since I have to fit in a bridesmaid dress in a week that is already to big on my "girls". I'm telling you, I am going to end up flashing everyone at the wedding by accident-I know it....Yikes!!

Wow, you'll have lots of dates then!!:mellow:

I messed up. I have given up bread, Pasta, rice and potatoes. That is my pre-op diet. I have been doing ok and I have lost 14 lbs. Tonigh I forgot my ah, ha moment. I had a test and I failed. i went out with friends and I failed. I suffered a last supper. I thought I will have what I am craving and I know it will be full of fat, but I won't be breaking my diet.

I won't go into it. I know many of you are on Clear Liquids. By what I had was breaded and I didn't think about it until after I was done. Of course the 3 grey goose and cranberry juices didn't help. I screwed up.

So now I have to ask what did I learn from this? I learned that I need to remember that when socializing food doesn't make things more fun. That was my ah, ha moment. A few weeks ago I realized that food is not supposed to be fun. It is there to survive. It isn't fun. Fun is shopping for regular sized clothes and making love to your husband and feeling sexy. Fun is rock climbing and jumping up and down when you son makes a great miniature golf shot. Fun is sitting in a chair and feeling comfortable without a table in from of me to hide my body. Fun is not eating. Food doesn't want me to feel good. Food doesn't make me feel better. Food isn't my friend. It isn't my enemy. It is neutral. It is there to sustain life.

I flunked my test, but instead of feeling like giving up like I usually do I am going to learn from it. I wanted to get in the 260's before my surgery. I may have just cost me that milestone. I will survive. I will achieve. I will learn from my mistake. I will research and be prepared the next time I am invited out with friends. It may take more work....but a skinnier butt is worth it!

Edited by julie.ann

I messed up. I have given up bread, Pasta, rice and potatoes. That is my pre-op diet. I have been doing ok and I have lost 14 lbs. Tonigh I forgot my ah, ha moment. I had a test and I failed. i went out with friends and I failed. I suffered a last supper. I thought I will have what I am craving and I know it will be full of fat, but I won't be breaking my diet.

I won't go into it. I know many of you are on clear liquids. By what I had was breaded and I didn't think about it until after I was done. Of course the 3 grey goose and cranberry juices didn't help. I screwed up.

So now I have to ask what did I learn from this? I learned that I need to remember that when socializing food doesn't make things more fun. That was my ah, ha moment. A few weeks ago I realized that food is not supposed to be fun. It is there to survive. It isn't fun. Fun is shopping for regular sized clothes and making love to your husband and feeling sexy. Fun is rock climbing and jumping up and down when you son makes a great miniature golf shot. Fun is sitting in a chair and feeling comfortable without a table in from of me to hide my body. Fun is not eating. Food doesn't want me to feel good. Food doesn't make me feel better. Food isn't my friend. It isn't my enemy. It is neutral. It is there to sustain life.

I flunked my test, but instead of feeling like giving up like I usually do I am going to learn from it. I wanted to get in the 260's before my surgery. I may have just cost me that milestone. I will survive. I will achieve. I will learn from my mistake. I will research and be prepared the next time I am invited out with friends. It may take more work....but a skinnier butt is worth it!

Julie Ann, don't beat yourself up about this. You went out with friends, you had fun, you ate something you shouldn't. You'll be fine. There are many worse sins in life than that.

I'll update the weight loss challenge when I've heard back from a few more people . . . I managed to gain a lb this past week. Wow. I must be the world's SLOWEST loser. I swear. Guess I'll try another fill.

Dorky one, where are you? How are you? I miss you . . . are you okay?

Miss dee??????

I have been over mt. to our cabin for a few days. Missed several pages of post...oh, well....hope everyone is doing okay.

Put me down for losing 2 pounds last week. Slow, but steady here. At times when I know I could be doing better and losing faster, I get kind of disappointed in myself; however, then I remember that the "slip ups" I have made aren't life-altering, just little bumps and I can correct them the next day.

I think I need another fill, but am afraid of flying in general and really afraid of snow + flying, so am afraid of Denver! Driving a car in bad weather in a strange place isn't my idea of fun either. How is it there in the middle of Nov? Roads kept clear?

I am down 7 total...from this week? Nope, the whole challenge.

From my last fill, I am doing awesome though!!! Excited because I only have 13 more until goal!!! YAY!!! I am hoping that WHEN ins. pays for my TT, I will be down to goal and then can have a little wiggle room!

Where is everyone at? I miss you guys!!!!!!!! (Sniffle, sniffle....):thumbup: