Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yup, November 4th is our November meeting.

Let's plan a date in October. I'm free on the 15th and the 20th of October. Will those dates work for anyone?

October 15th is the last presidential debate, so how about October 20th?

Also, do you Denver area folks want to do a potluck/$5 gift exchange at my house for December? I could host on Dec. 9 or 11.

YAY woofay's back! You were dearly missed my friend! I think once you are healed up, you are going to feel like a million bucks! I left my Uterus at Parker Adventist (LOL) two years ago. Have you checked out www.Hystersisters.com? That site helped me out a lot. PM me if you want to chat.

I am so happy to see you back here.

Oh, yes!! Hystersisters is awesome! Very helpful group.

Thanks, Dee! :wub: Is the 15th Wed? Am I still welcome to RR? And no, I can't believe that its almost winter again. Yuck. But in another way, kinda glad to see this one go. I noticed your ticker...My goodness your doing well. I could bust with excitement for you! Give yourself a pat! And Mal's picture from the race is really showing her change too! There is about 200 pages of stuff I haven't caught up on...wow. Probably will never have the time!:smile2:

NO! You're not welcome!!! AND please don't show up on the 15th BECAUSE WE WON'T BE THERE! SILLY SILLY Girl!

Of course you're welcome! You're one of the charter members of the Bandito Red Robin Groupies! You better be there! I can't wait to see you! We'll meet on the 20th of October! I don't want to miss the last presidental debate!

Oh my. I just went to a seven course Thai dinner with a different wine served at each course. Made it through the first three courses okay (they were small, appetizer thingys), but by the fourth I was feeling STUFFED. So I had one bite of each of the last four courses, and one sip of each of the last four wines.

Now, I feel like I ate a horse (of course) but I know I didn't really eat all that much. The lap band is an amazing thing.

That being said, my weight loss is soooooo slow. I'm really hoping the metformin will help. My blood sugar is really messed up. My fasting ranges anywhere from 90 to 135. My 2 hour after meal values can go really high with even a small amount of carbs. I just think my whole metabolic system is a mess. Sigh.

Thanks for letting me whine.

I'm sorry to hear about your blood sugars! Really 90 to 135 isn't so bad, Dear. How much Metformin are you taking? Are you taking it in several doses? You can whine all you want!

Your dinner sounded yummy!

I lost 2.4lbs this week. Finally, I'm moving in the right direction! I was stalled. It might be that muscle weighs more than fat and I have been doing my lifting.

Thanks Dee, it was an amazing experience wasn't it? Did you get a hat at the race? I have worn mine every day this week. It is the perfect gym hat. I LOVE free stuff, I got lots of stuff. I didn't get the scarf, I really wanted one but I couldn't find the booth that had them.

How is the BFL going? I should have started this week, but I tell ya, I am hesitant, I don't know if I can do it???

I did get a hat. I am sending it to my girlfriend who is still in treatment. She needs something cute to cover her head. I talked to her yesterday on the phone and she has such a good attitude. She's about half way through her chemo. Such a brave soul!

The BFL is a lot of work, I admit. I am also not perfect with the lifting, but I am with the swimming. I confess I have missed a day a week but I force myself to do something - cycling or swimming. I just can't always get to the weights.

My weight stalled from Water retention and hopefully muscle weight, but this morning I am down 2.4 lbs since last Friday.

Shelbi? Are you out there? How's it going?

October 15th is the last presidential debate, so how about October 20th?

Also, do you Denver area folks want to do a potluck/$5 gift exchange at my house for December? I could host on Dec. 9 or 11.

I think the 20th is perfect for me! I hope it's good for everyone else. So let's say October 20th, Red Robin, Arapahoe and I-25 at 7pm. If anyone has a problem with it, I may be able to change - speak up Banditos! We don't want to miss your lovely presence!

Well Gang, I've done a couple of drive-bys. I haven't had a chance to read everything yet. Chatty Cathies! (did anyone else have that doll?)

I have a second interview for the Research Assistant job on Tuesday and then I have another interview for a Diabetic Educator in the Springs. I'd have to relocate early next year, I'd have a company car and have to travel south quite a lot to work with the patients in Pueblo and those tiny towns down south. I'm a little weary of this job, because of all the travel... Spring, Summer, Fall would be fine, but Winter would really suck!

I really want the Research Assistant job, I hope I get it!

I'm sorry to hear about your blood sugars! Really 90 to 135 isn't so bad, Dear. How much Metformin are you taking? Are you taking it in several doses? You can whine all you want!

Your dinner sounded yummy!

I lost 2.4lbs this week. Finally, I'm moving in the right direction! I was stalled. It might be that muscle weighs more than fat and I have been doing my lifting.

I have a second interview for the Research Assistant job on Tuesday and then I have another interview for a Diabetic Educator in the Springs. I'd have to relocate early next year, I'd have a company car and have to travel south quite a lot to work with the patients in Pueblo and those tiny towns down south. I'm a little weary of this job, because of all the travel... Spring, Summer, Fall would be fine, but Winter would really suck!

I really want the Research Assistant job, I hope I get it!

I haven't started the Met yet. I'm waiting for my PCP to send some blood test results to the bariatrics guy.

OOOO, I hope you get the research job. Fingers, toes, and droopy boobs are all crossed!!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! Congrats on your weight loss this week. That's fantastic!

Yay...the 20th! I just did my monthly calendar and realized I have parent teacher conference for both boys the 15th. I really hope I can make it. I need to make sure Denise gets her clothes back....most of it is not my style.:smile2: (still kinda like the fat lady clothes! hahahaaha!)

Yay...the 20th! I just did my monthly calendar and realized I have parent teacher conference for both boys the 15th. I really hope I can make it. I need to make sure Denise gets her clothes back....most of it is not my style.:smile2: (still kinda like the fat lady clothes! hahahaaha!)

Goodie! I can't wait to see you! I'm wearing your clothes now that the weather is getting cooler and they are fitting me! I wore Mal's pants the other day! I love it! You guys rock!

Are you still with the school system?

I haven't started the Met yet. I'm waiting for my PCP to send some blood test results to the bariatrics guy.

OOOO, I hope you get the research job. Fingers, toes, and droopy boobs are all crossed!!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! Congrats on your weight loss this week. That's fantastic!

I see. Then, Dear, 135 is not bad at all for a fasting. Stay extremely well hydrated and try to do some kind of activity post meal, those things will help with your blood sugars too. I just started taking Probiotics. I got them from GNC. I'll let you know if they help with weight loss. There are some claims that they do. I also have such a hard time with being 'regular' - I'm hoping that helps too!

I see. Then, Dear, 135 is not bad at all for a fasting. Stay extremely well hydrated and try to do some kind of activity post meal, those things will help with your blood sugars too. I just started taking Probiotics. I got them from GNC. I'll let you know if they help with weight loss. There are some claims that they do. I also have such a hard time with being 'regular' - I'm hoping that helps too!

Oh good. It freaks me out when it's all over the map like that. I'm so glad I know someone who knows about this stuff! Well, I'm so glad I know you for all kinds of reasons - that's just a teeny piece of it.

Anyhoo, I think I'll try probiotics too. I am sooo irregular, too. I have been exercising and I do think that's helping with the sugars a bit.

I"m wondering if it is time for a 2nd fill already? I had my first fill on 10/2, just over a week ago, and got 1.8cc. I felt restriction for about 5 days, but now am feeling very little restriction for the past two days. Can I call Dr. K's office and schedule a 2nd fill, or do I have to wait 4 weeks between fills?

thanks & Happy Friday everybody

I"m wondering if it is time for a 2nd fill already? I had my first fill on 10/2, just over a week ago, and got 1.8cc. I felt restriction for about 5 days, but now am feeling very little restriction for the past two days. Can I call Dr. K's office and schedule a 2nd fill, or do I have to wait 4 weeks between fills?

thanks & Happy Friday everybody

That happened to me, too, after my first fill but then it came back again. I would give it a couple of days.

So I am really PO'd right now and need to vent!

I just got a bill from the dr that gave me my 2nd fill for $274.32! When I called to set up an appointment I asked how much I would be charged. Now, just to be clear I called more than once to make sure I was getting the real price and not just because I was banded out of state. They told me the fill was $150. And there was a new patient fee of 100 (which they didn't ask for then, but i figured they would bill me). So I was looking at about $250 total right? Apparently they lied every time I called because now on top of the $150 ALREADY paid, they want the 274.32. If I knew they were charging $425 I would have gone back to Dr K and stayed overnight!!!

Please tell me it's not just me!! :smile2::cursing::wub::cursing::lol::cursing:

I just got a bill from the dr that gave me my 2nd fill for $274.32! When I called to set up an appointment I asked how much I would be charged. Now, just to be clear I called more than once to make sure I was getting the real price and not just because I was banded out of state. They told me the fill was $150. And there was a new patient fee of 100 (which they didn't ask for then, but i figured they would bill me). So I was looking at about $250 total right? Apparently they lied every time I called because now on top of the $150 ALREADY paid, they want the 274.32. If I knew they were charging $425 I would have gone back to Dr K and stayed overnight!!!

Are you KIDDING ME???? Have you called them? What the hell is up with that?

Oh NO! Lotza isn't not just you!!! It's them! Just as Mini said, I'd call and ask, "why would you tell me one thing and do another?" I know my PCP's billing dept. sucks! AND I am constantly getting billed in error. Many docs have 'stay at home Mom's' do their billing. The errors can be bad! I'd verify that price with the office and double check that you got credit for the 150 that you already paid!

I am waiting for them to call me back, I had to leave a message. It says that I have already paid $150 right on the bill, so they'd better not try to pull a fast one!

Anita~ Nice to see you. Glad to hear you are recovering from surgery well. My gallbladder was a heckava lot worse than lap band... I can't imagine how it would feel to have my uterus removed and a hernia repaired all at once!! :lol: Take it easy missy! :smile2:

Marie~ Hope your bill gets straightened out. I was told my fills were $100 then when I went in they suddenly were $150 becuase they didn't realize I had my surgery elsewhere when quoting me. Uh yeah... I think not. Still cheaper than flying back to CO and possibly having to stay overnight etc. Hopefully it is a clerical error. Crossing fingers for you.

My weigh in for today is the same. -0... +0... no change.

I am still in a funk, haven't gone to the gym and have been eating like crap. Someone please help me get back on track. Phooey. :wub: