Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Munch, Just a quick note, I heard a Dave Matthews song today and thought of you. I have never really heard them before and I know you always talk abt how great they are...well I agree.

Hey do you know which song it was??? There's quite a few good ones. Glad you've been introduced to DMB! :eek:

Count me in! Sounds like fun. Let's do a smaller 5K though, I don't want to be in 62,000 people. Isn't the turkey trot a 5K? Anybody up for that?

Munch, what a big relief! I sure hope this happy talk continues with your neighbor.

Well nurses here, I had my Pacu day of shadowing. I think it went pretty well, I pitched in and helped when I could, asked appropriate questions, etc., but at the end of the day, the manager said he wasn't sure he could take on someone right now with no pacu experience. ;(

I'm hoping the staff I spent time with today put in a good word for me.

I am really perplexed about why they would have you shadow then tell you they can't take on someone right now without PACU experience? I mean, how hard can it be to train you?

sexy.:eek:

Jamie is sexy with her orthopedic shoe and her depends....:)

(Just kidding Jamie, you KNOW I adore you!!)

Munch, Just a quick note, I heard a Dave Matthews song today and thought of you. I have never really heard them before and I know you always talk abt how great they are...well I agree.

Dave is awesome! I love him! If you ever want any CDs I will have my friend burn some for you and mail them to you so you can get the full Dave effect! (His live CDs are better than the studio ones, he is phenomonal live!)

ok, so i'm always on the lookout for low carb recipes, because i usually try to restrict carbs, at least over the last few years. i found a recipe for low carb meatloaf, and i was stoked because the only real carbs in it would be from the can of Tomato sauce, which really is only about 20g carbs for the whole can. the recipe called for crushed/crumbs of Pork rinds instead of bread crumbs. it also called for a pound each of lean beef and pork. so...last night i cooked it.

:eek:

the pork would naturally make the meatloaf a little greasier (which i expected), but the pork rinds just pushed the envelope of greasiness. yuck! i sucked all the grease away from the edges of the loaf pan, flipped it over onto a plate, and the darn thing fell apart. it wasn't even cooked in the center, after being in the oven an hour!

so, back into the loaf pan, back into the oven at a higher temp, and cooked for another 25mins. came out just as greasy, yet again, and by this time i had no appetite. absolutely disgusting. seriously.

looks like low carb meatloaf will NOT be on my list once i'm banded.

how many of you do the low carb lifestyle with the band? i'm seriously considering it - sans pork rind meatloaf of course. :)

When I am BEHAVING I do low carb. Sometimes I am not always so good at it though, like the week before last. I will not be adding pork rind meatloaf to my list, it sounds hella gross!

Hey do you know which song it was??? There's quite a few good ones. Glad you've been introduced to DMB! :eek:

They are ALL good in my opinion! :)

Hey Jamie, maybe I could fly out and we could go see Dave in NC next summer, or you could fly here and stay with me and you could go with us to see him in Chicago!!

Lotza~So sorry to hear the news about your dad. You and you family are in my thoughts and prayers.

WOW! So I am still on this emotional roller coaster from the run. I just can't believe I did it. I don't know where the break down came from at the finish line...that I accomplished something that I have always wanted to do, the memory of my mom, the vibe in the air or maybe everything hitting all at once. Honestly the only thing that was on my mind was "don't stop, just keep going." I couldn't wait to come here and post that I did it! I knew you all would understand where I have come from and to be able to finish a 5k run!

I had this dream that I was standing on the stage after the race making a speech. It was like I was accepting an award for running the race. I thanked Dr. K and all my friends on LBT because without them, I would not have been there. So, thanks my friends and thanks Dr. K.!:eek:

Mal, that was an awesome dream!! And I meant to tell you that judging by the pics on your race shirt, your mom was drop dead gorgeous! Like mother like daughter, eh?

Will the 12th be OK? The 28th is the week of Thanksgiving so I can't do that, seeing as how I'm cooking a huge family meal on Thursday the 27th, haha. Let me know if the 12th will work for you and I'll book flights tomorrow, as well as make the appt with Dr. K. You are such a sweetheart Dee!!! :eek:

Yes! The 12th will work for me! I have a meeting on the 11th, so I know I am off on the 12th. Go ahead and book the flight!

I have a question for you guys. I have a belly button hernia. It doesn't usually bother me, but since I started exercising, it has been bothering me, especially while I am exercising. I am starting slow. I started doing the Leslie Sansone powerwalking tapes. I am walking with light weights and I can feel the hernia pulling the whole time. Should I be worried??? Could I make it worse?

So when will they let you know about the job?

The manager said he would be in touch by the end of the month.

I am really perplexed about why they would have you shadow then tell you they can't take on someone right now without PACU experience? I mean, how hard can it be to train you?

You'd think not that hard, huh? After all, if I can do ICU, i can do this. The director sent me an email today and said she would follow up with me after talking to the manager and the staff.

Prty, just saying hi! Do we have a RR date for this month or next?

When I am BEHAVING I do low carb. Sometimes I am not always so good at it though, like the week before last. I will not be adding pork rind meatloaf to my list, it sounds hella gross!

You know, I didn't think it sounded bad when I first read the recipe. I thought, "Wow, Pork rinds are low carb and they can certainly take the place of bread crumbs!" Well, it didn't dawn on me until after I'd taken it out of the oven (and saw my loaf swimming in grease) that I realized - pork rinds are just a bunch of deep fried fatty pig skins. Ugh, it makes me gag just thinking about it. Guess you could say I had a little blonde moment... :cursing:

Hey Jamie, maybe I could fly out and we could go see Dave in NC next summer, or you could fly here and stay with me and you could go with us to see him in Chicago!!

That's a plan! I'm writing it down now! LOL Typically DMB comes to Raleigh on a Weds night in August, so if he's a weekend guy in Chicago then I'd rather do that. No time off of work that way. I'll totally fly out there and hang with you guys. My first DMB concert! So excited!!! Don't you dare back out on me now Munchie, you've got my hopes up! :wink2:

Yes! The 12th will work for me! I have a meeting on the 11th, so I know I am off on the 12th. Go ahead and book the flight!

Booking flights now! Well, I will later this morning - once my husband calls me back with his credit card number, hehe. :eek:

Prty, just saying hi! Do we have a RR date for this month or next?

I don't know about an October date, but I definitely know we're planning an RR night for Tuesday November 4th. That's the night before my surgery and I'll be in town. Everyone is welcome to come out!!! :cool:

Apparently I misunderstood them when I asked about Fridays in December. Dr. K is out on Dec 12th. :cursing:

So, I have made my first fill appointment for Friday Dec 5th. If anyone is going to be getting a fill in December and wants to go with me (or just wants to pick me up and help a girl out), let me know! I fly in Friday Dec 5th at 9:45a, appointment is at 11:30a, and I fly back to NC at 3:45p.

So, if anyone wants to give me a ride, I'll give you gas money AND buy your lunch!! :wink2: If not I will be going to Priceline.com to get a rental car for cheap! Unless you think a taxi to/from Dr. K's office is going to be cheaper than getting a rental? Let me know!

Drats!!! Now the cost of the flight has gone up by $100!!! :wink2:

Could anything else go wrong? :cursing:

Apparently I misunderstood them when I asked about Fridays in December. Dr. K is out on Dec 12th. :cursing:

So, I have made my first fill appointment for Friday Dec 5th. If anyone is going to be getting a fill in December and wants to go with me (or just wants to pick me up and help a girl out), let me know! I fly in Friday Dec 5th at 9:45a, appointment is at 11:30a, and I fly back to NC at 3:45p.

So, if anyone wants to give me a ride, I'll give you gas money AND buy your lunch!! :wink2: If not I will be going to Priceline.com to get a rental car for cheap! Unless you think a taxi to/from Dr. K's office is going to be cheaper than getting a rental? Let me know!

supershuttle is cheaper than a cab or car (usually) and is lots easier than driving. That would be my recommendation.