Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Jamie-

I want to go to BOTH Dave concerts!!!! I am off on Weds so I could fly there, LOL, then you could come here. I think the last few years both concerts have been on the weekend in Chicago.

We have a total blast when we go to see Dave, you will love it!

Mal, that was an awesome dream!! And I meant to tell you that judging by the pics on your race shirt, your mom was drop dead gorgeous! Like mother like daughter, eh?

...and the tears start rolling again! You are too kind! oh, how I miss her!

Thanks Munchkin:wub:

...and the tears start rolling again! You are too kind! oh, how I miss her!

Thanks Munchkin:wub:

She's right Mal... the pics of your Mom are the sweetest. She is beautiful. I love that you ran for her. What a tribute for her. Think of it. You worked so hard to get in shape to do this for her... and you reached the finish line. What a sweet way to tell her and the world how much you love her.

The manager said he would be in touch by the end of the month.

You'd think not that hard, huh? After all, if I can do ICU, i can do this. The director sent me an email today and said she would follow up with me after talking to the manager and the staff.

Prty, just saying hi! Do we have a RR date for this month or next?

Yup, November 4th is our November meeting.

Let's plan a date in October. I'm free on the 15th and the 20th of October. Will those dates work for anyone?

Apparently I misunderstood them when I asked about Fridays in December. Dr. K is out on Dec 12th. :lol:

So, I have made my first fill appointment for Friday Dec 5th. If anyone is going to be getting a fill in December and wants to go with me (or just wants to pick me up and help a girl out), let me know! I fly in Friday Dec 5th at 9:45a, appointment is at 11:30a, and I fly back to NC at 3:45p.

So, if anyone wants to give me a ride, I'll give you gas money AND buy your lunch!! :biggrin: If not I will be going to Priceline.com to get a rental car for cheap! Unless you think a taxi to/from Dr. K's office is going to be cheaper than getting a rental? Let me know!

Did you book your flight already? I feel so bad! Maybe after the schedule is out, I can try to switch with someone! I hate that you have to get a rental or take a shuttle! That's no fun!

Did you book your flight already? I feel so bad! Maybe after the schedule is out, I can try to switch with someone! I hate that you have to get a rental or take a shuttle! That's no fun!

Nope, thankfully I was smart and didn't book the flight til I was confirmed with Dr. K. So I'll be booking my flight tonight sometime. The flight I was looking at went from $188 on Monday to $288 today, so I'm kinda like :biggrin: Don't worry though, I'll figure something out. You can get really cheap rental cars on Priceline by naming your own price usually. It'll all work out, don't try to switch shifts just cuz of me!

Nope, thankfully I was smart and didn't book the flight til I was confirmed with Dr. K. So I'll be booking my flight tonight sometime. The flight I was looking at went from $188 on Monday to $288 today, so I'm kinda like :biggrin: Don't worry though, I'll figure something out. You can get really cheap rental cars on Priceline by naming your own price usually. It'll all work out, don't try to switch shifts just cuz of me!

Seriously Sister! I don't mind switching for you!!! I want to spend some time with you. It would be my pleasure!

Seriously Sister! I don't mind switching for you!!! I want to spend some time with you. It would be my pleasure!

Alright, if you want to switch then be my guest! :biggrin: But it's not a requirement!

Have I told you lately how awesome you are? :lol:

Hey, Girls! Hi Dee and Mal!

Long, long, long time~ no post! Well, after a very pissy, feeling awful summer, I have good news! I have delivered a very rotten, 3 and a half month pregnant with triplets sized uterus! Yay! Its gone! After Doc finally stopped doing different things to "regulate my hormones" and actually did an ultrasound to see the silly thing...he found it to be exceptionally rotten and huge and immediately scheduled the surgery. So, with almost no notice to work or anyone, I had it done. And! Wait! That's not all (if you order now...:lol:)! While they were in there, they found a rather large hernia! So for the two for one price, he repaired that too. EEEEK! I had it done two weeks ago and to be honest, I'm still sore. :biggrin: I expected to recover like I did with the Band, and I was soooo wrong. But I feel better, almost every day and the good news is, is none of it was cancerous. I thank God daily and hopefully can get back to my ole self and feel like being social again. I've missed you all lots and frequently read, just never post.

My weight loss has been a little slow, but I'm okay with it. I haven't gained at all...so its good.

Mal and Dee...congrats on the race! I'm so proud, I cried for you!

Also congrats to all these new people that I don't know real well yet. You all seem like super people.

Have a great night! :eek:

Long, long, long time~ no post! Well, after a very pissy, feeling awful summer, I have good news! I have delivered a very rotten, 3 and a half month pregnant with triplets sized uterus! Yay! Its gone! After Doc finally stopped doing different things to "regulate my hormones" and actually did an ultrasound to see the silly thing...he found it to be exceptionally rotten and huge and immediately scheduled the surgery. So, with almost no notice to work or anyone, I had it done. And! Wait! That's not all (if you order now...:lol:)! While they were in there, they found a rather large hernia! So for the two for one price, he repaired that too. EEEEK! I had it done two weeks ago and to be honest, I'm still sore. :biggrin: I expected to recover like I did with the Band, and I was soooo wrong. But I feel better, almost every day and the good news is, is none of it was cancerous. I thank God daily and hopefully can get back to my ole self and feel like being social again. I've missed you all lots and frequently read, just never post.

My weight loss has been a little slow, but I'm okay with it. I haven't gained at all...so its good.

Also congrats to all these new people that I don't know real well yet. You all seem like super people.

Have a great night! :eek:

Oh Sweetie! We missed you!

I'm glad to see you're back sans your huge uterus!

Nice to know you're okay! I hope you're feeling perky and back to your old self in no time at all!

Can you believe it's almost winter again? ARGH!

Thanks, Dee! :lol: Is the 15th Wed? Am I still welcome to RR? And no, I can't believe that its almost winter again. Yuck. But in another way, kinda glad to see this one go. I noticed your ticker...My goodness your doing well. I could bust with excitement for you! Give yourself a pat! And Mal's picture from the race is really showing her change too! There is about 200 pages of stuff I haven't caught up on...wow. Probably will never have the time!:biggrin:

Long, long, long time~ no post! Well, after a very pissy, feeling awful summer, I have good news! I have delivered a very rotten, 3 and a half month pregnant with triplets sized uterus! Yay! Its gone! After Doc finally stopped doing different things to "regulate my hormones" and actually did an ultrasound to see the silly thing...he found it to be exceptionally rotten and huge and immediately scheduled the surgery. So, with almost no notice to work or anyone, I had it done. And! Wait! That's not all (if you order now...:confused:)! While they were in there, they found a rather large hernia! So for the two for one price, he repaired that too. EEEEK! I had it done two weeks ago and to be honest, I'm still sore. :) I expected to recover like I did with the Band, and I was soooo wrong. But I feel better, almost every day and the good news is, is none of it was cancerous. I thank God daily and hopefully can get back to my ole self and feel like being social again. I've missed you all lots and frequently read, just never post.

Have a great night! :blink:

Congratulations on getting rid of your boggy, rotten uterus!! I've been proudly uterine free for nine years now and haven't missed it in the slightest!!! You'll be feeling great in no time and wondering why the heck you didn't do it long ago!!!

Oh my. I just went to a seven course Thai dinner with a different wine served at each course. Made it through the first three courses okay (they were small, appetizer thingys), but by the fourth I was feeling STUFFED. So I had one bite of each of the last four courses, and one sip of each of the last four wines.

Now, I feel like I ate a horse (of course) but I know I didn't really eat all that much. The lap band is an amazing thing.

That being said, my weight loss is soooooo slow. I'm really hoping the metformin will help. My blood sugar is really messed up. My fasting ranges anywhere from 90 to 135. My 2 hour after meal values can go really high with even a small amount of carbs. I just think my whole metabolic system is a mess. Sigh.

Thanks for letting me whine.

She's right Mal... the pics of your Mom are the sweetest. She is beautiful. I love that you ran for her. What a tribute for her. Think of it. You worked so hard to get in shape to do this for her... and you reached the finish line. What a sweet way to tell her and the world how much you love her.

Thanks Dee, it was an amazing experience wasn't it? Did you get a hat at the race? I have worn mine every day this week. It is the perfect gym hat. I LOVE free stuff, I got lots of stuff. I didn't get the scarf, I really wanted one but I couldn't find the booth that had them.

How is the BFL going? I should have started this week, but I tell ya, I am hesitant, I don't know if I can do it???

YAY woofay's back! You were dearly missed my friend! I think once you are healed up, you are going to feel like a million bucks! I left my Uterus at Parker Adventist (LOL) two years ago. Have you checked out www.Hystersisters.com? That site helped me out a lot. PM me if you want to chat.

I am so happy to see you back here.