Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

So I've got this super-fabulous idea. Here it goes:

There are obviously quite a few of us Dr. K Bandsters that live in CO. It looks like several of you actually did the same 5K race together last weekend, whether or not you actually met up with each other.

My suggestion is that we plan ahead, maybe a year out at least, and we all try our best to get to CO and do a 5K together. Shoot, we could even pair the 5K with that "LBT Spa Weekend" that was mentioned a few weeks ago. I'd love to take a trip to CO and meet all you fabulous ladies, go to the Spa, walk/run a 5K, etc. Just meeting and getting to know you all in person would be enough for me.

What do you say? Should we get an email group going so we can organize an LBT Spa/5K Weekend sometime next year???

So I've got this super-fabulous idea. Here it goes:

There are obviously quite a few of us Dr. K Bandsters that live in CO. It looks like several of you actually did the same 5K race together last weekend, whether or not you actually met up with each other.

My suggestion is that we plan ahead, maybe a year out at least, and we all try our best to get to CO and do a 5K together. Shoot, we could even pair the 5K with that "LBT Spa Weekend" that was mentioned a few weeks ago. I'd love to take a trip to CO and meet all you fabulous ladies, go to the Spa, walk/run a 5K, etc. Just meeting and getting to know you all in person would be enough for me.

What do you say? Should we get an email group going so we can organize an LBT Spa/5K Weekend sometime next year???

I think that is a FANTABULOUS idea Jamie!!

Hi Bandsters - I'm sorry I've been gone so long. I've missed everyone. There have been so many things going on with my family and work that I have not been able to sign on and even read how everyone is doing. I know we have newbies (Welcome) and experienced ones that have made real progress. I have one more 4-day obligation at the end of this week and I'll try to catch up!

Mini - I have not logged on to report my weight loss but I am down 2 more lbs since I reported after week 1. I am really struggling right now but I don't have time to go for a fill - ugh! I'm glad for the small loss though.

OK - I have a completely "not band related" rant here. Just a general observation I have, and I apologize ahead of time for my extremely juvenile reaction below. :wub: I just have nowhere else to type it, so I thought I'd type it here among my fellow crazies! :wub:

I've been making friends with people who are also getting banded in November. We're all over on the November 2008 board.

Anyways, I'm sure you've noticed the "Notorious Novembers" in my signature. It has been there since August when I made my appointment. Well, today marks the 3rd time I've had to change my pretty glittery letters because people keep stealing them!!! :redface:

I am a very anal person, and it takes me a long time to decide on which pretty color to use, which letters I like, sparkles or no sparkles, big or small, etc. DANGIT QUIT STEALING MY WORDS!!! I refuse to post in a thread where I share the same signature as two or three other people, simply because they are too lazy to go make their own! If you don't know how to make your own, just ASK! DON'T TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S!! Do your own glitter words! The website is there, in plain sight - GO MAKE YOUR OWN!

I am an individual, I am unique, and I want my own glitter words. I don't want to share my glitter words with my fellow Notorious Novembers because I insist on being unique.

{stepping off my soap box}

Thank you for reading. Have a pleasant day! :w00t:

So my Dad had the appointment with the neurologist and the Dr confirmed that it IS a tumor, about 3x3cm so about an inch around. The Dr was concerned so he wants to operate and get a biopsy on Saturday morning. He might remove the tumor if they can then. I admit, I am getting more worried now because the Dr was worried. It has been only 2 weeks or so since my dad got the headache, so this is progressing fast.

Sorry to hear that:frown:. You and yours are in my thoughts and am sending u hugs as I type this.

I'm sure you've noticed the "Notorious Novembers" in my signature. It has been there since August when I made my appointment. Well, today marks the 3rd time I've had to change my pretty glittery letters because people keep stealing them!!! :wub:

DANGIT QUIT STEALING MY WORDS!!!

Thank you for reading. Have a pleasant day! :)

You might want to post a kind comment about that on that thread or say someting like "please don't copy my glitter" in your signature. Some people may not realize they are upsetting you. :wub:

You might want to post a kind comment about that on that thread or say someting like "please don't copy my glitter" in your signature. Some people may not realize they are upsetting you. :wub:

:tt2:

I only posted it here to vent. Sure, that's how I feel, but I shouldn't get so bent out of shape about it and I know that, LOL. I've just been so cranky for the last month and a half waiting for my daggone surgery. It's like PMS 24/7.

Sorry I had a little verbal diarrhea earlier. I'm over it now, haha. Well...I'm over it until someone else steals my glitter words again. :) :wub:

OK - I have a completely "not band related" rant here. Just a general observation I have, and I apologize ahead of time for my extremely juvenile reaction below. :tt2: I just have nowhere else to type it, so I thought I'd type it here among my fellow crazies! :tt2:

I've been making friends with people who are also getting banded in November. We're all over on the November 2008 board.

Anyways, I'm sure you've noticed the "Notorious Novembers" in my signature. It has been there since August when I made my appointment. Well, today marks the 3rd time I've had to change my pretty glittery letters because people keep stealing them!!! :wub:

I am a very anal person, and it takes me a long time to decide on which pretty color to use, which letters I like, sparkles or no sparkles, big or small, etc. DANGIT QUIT STEALING MY WORDS!!! I refuse to post in a thread where I share the same signature as two or three other people, simply because they are too lazy to go make their own! If you don't know how to make your own, just ASK! DON'T TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S!! Do your own glitter words! The website is there, in plain sight - GO MAKE YOUR OWN!

I am an individual, I am unique, and I want my own glitter words. I don't want to share my glitter words with my fellow Notorious Novembers because I insist on being unique.

{stepping off my soap box}

Thank you for reading. Have a pleasant day! :wub:

OMG, you are my OCD twin!!! I knew there was a reason I liked you so much!!!:)

Well, when I was leaving to go run errands today the neighbor was outside and actually nodded and waved to me. I took the opportunity to go talk to him and basically ask what their issue is with me. He told me his issue was never with me, that it was always with my husband. I said "But my husband has been gone since February, so why do you keep bothering me?" And he said, much to my surprise that he thought I was still seeing Shawn because he sees him driving around and saw him go up to my front door last week.

I told him in no uncertain terms that I am NOT still seeing my husband, that my divorce should be final within a month, and that if he is driving around and coming to my house he is not supposed to be and to feel free to call the police because obviously he is stalking me again. I had no idea!

He told me that he always hated how Shawn treated me because he used to consider me like one of his daughters, and he hated how he talked about me and couldn't believe I would still see him and put up with his crap, so I think that is where the issue was.

He wouldn't fess up to calling animal control, and swore that they didn't, but I think they did and he feels bad about it now that he knows I am not seeing Shawn. I told him that Brutus is the only dog who doesn't know Shawn, and that he has already protected me once when Shawn was outside my bedroom window at 3:30 am and I had to call the police on him. I told him that once I get a default judgement in my divorce and Shawn finds out we are divorced, I will NEED Brutus to protect me and the house because things are only going to get worse. I think (hopefully) he understood this. Again, he swears he didn't do it, but there is no one else that logically would have, unless my stupid ex did it in an attempt to get his dog (he has threatened to call animal control on me in the past and tell them I have too many animals, so it could have been him I guess.)

He also did tell me that they are buying the house next door for his daughter. I told him that I have never been unwilling to move the fence if it is over the property line, that I have gotten an estimate to move it already and gotten a loan to do it, but that the estate attorney will not return my attorneys phone call. I told him I have been ready to take care of it for 3 weeks now and that I am not trying to be unreasonable about it.

He walked me back over to my garage and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek so hopefully things will settle down now. Sigh.

:wub:

:)

:tt2:

They tease me at work all the time about my OCD tendencies. One of the docs saw my handwriting in a chart a few weeks ago and commented to the day shift nurses "Whoever wrote this has a mental disorder, they are seriously OCD!" When they saw whose handwriting it was, they were like "Yep!!" I kind of consider it a good thing to be OCD when you are a nurse though....:wub:

Well, when I was leaving to go run errands today the neighbor was outside and actually nodded and waved to me. I took the opportunity to go talk to him and basically ask what their issue is with me.

I am so happy that the opportunity to talk to your neighbor presented itself! Good for you for going over to talk things out. It's amazing what a little clarity will do to people! If they are the ones who called about your dogs, then chances are they won't be doing it again because now they understand your situation. Now they know you aren't with your (soon-to-be-ex) husband anymore and that he's a stalker! This is such a good day for you. Yay!! :wub:

They tease me at work all the time about my OCD tendencies. One of the docs saw my handwriting in a chart a few weeks ago and commented to the day shift nurses "Whoever wrote this has a mental disorder, they are seriously OCD!" When they saw whose handwriting it was, they were like "Yep!!" I kind of consider it a good thing to be OCD when you are a nurse though....:wub:

YES, I have to agree that an OCD nurse is better than an apathetic nurse! Although they might get a little crazy at times - washing their hands 100 times an hour and stuff - but at least you know you're in clean hands! :wub:

YES, I have to agree that an OCD nurse is better than an apathetic nurse! Although they might get a little crazy at times - washing their hands 100 times an hour and stuff - but at least you know you're in clean hands! :wub:

So true!! The funny thing is, almost all of us that work in the ICU are at least a little bit OCD. We are OCD about different things, we all have our little quirks, but we are all definantly OCD. I think it is a requirement for working in ICU or something. Maybe Dee will weigh in on this one!

And I am glad I got the opportunity to talk to my neighbor also. I hope it was all just a misunderstanding because he thought the whackjob was still coming around to see me. I am hoping, like you said, now that the situation is clarified that they will lay off. And now that he knows Shawn is not supposed to be here he will keep an eye out for him and I know he will call the police on him if he is up to no good, so I feel a little safer too.