Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mini: down 2.2 this week. I forget what goal I set for this challenge! Sheesh!

Not much happening up here in Northwest, except fall has truly set in with the rain. Hope all of you are well.:tt2:

I didn't know there was Fluid in the band when you first get it. Is it true there is fluid in the band with Dr. K patients?

I didn't think there was supposed to be fluid in my band either. I think Dr.K was surprised as well. I'm not sure what happened...:tt2:

Hmmm, I am not really familiar with Pristiq . . .I'll look into it though. Is it in the same class as Effexor by any chance?

Yes, he said it is the same as Effexor basically but taken once a day. I took Effexor for years without trouble which is why I think he put me on it.

I didn't know there was Fluid in the band when you first get it. Is it true there is fluid in the band with Dr. K patients?

I had about 2 cc's in mine the first time my fill doctor accessed my port. It was always my understanding that the band comes primed with a little bit of saline in it from the manufacturer.

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have not posted in a while. I have not been feeling well since being banded. :frown: I did well the first couple of days but am finding myself in a lot of pain. I have a lot of pressure on my sternum pushing up into my chest so I called the office on Friday. Natalie thought it would be a good idea for Dr. K to look at me. Dr. K said the only thing he could think of is possible Fluid in the band. He accessed my port and removed 1.2 cc's from the band. He thought this would give me some relief but no luck. :thumbup: Last night the pain even got worse and I can't seem to get comfortable in any position. Is this normal? Does anyone have any advice? Tomorrow will be a week post-op and I feel like I should be doing a lot better. Thanks!

9, I have no idea what could be wrong, but I'm very sorry you're not feeling good. You're right, I think most of us felt better at one week out. I hope you and Dr. K get to the bottom of it soon.

Not much happening up here in Northwest, except fall has truly set in with the rain. Hope all of you are well.:tt2:

Deb, good to see you. It feels like fall here too today. It's been cooler, and just now it is starting to rain.

Prty and Mal, how was the 5K today? I'm glad the weather was nice for you this morning. Are you tired and sore? You Denver band girls are so athletic..I wonder if it is contagious? ;)

My daughter is home this weekend from college. We went to the Avs game Fri night, and Rapids Soccer last night. Today we recovered a fabric headboard for our guest room. So, it's been fun hanging out together. We got gourmet cupcakes from this place at Colfax & Steele. She was shocked that I could not finish a cupcake! yeah band!

Okay, I am really perplexed. I do not think I have lost weight that fast...I am right around schedule, maybe even slightly behind schedule on my weight loss. But I am starting to get a complex that people think I have an eating disorder!

First, when I went to the psychiatrist to get my antidepressants the other day, he weighed me. Now I have gone to him for over 4 years and never once has he weighed me. I thought it curious but was so upset about the dog issue that I didn't ask why. So maybe I am just overreacting to that one, but I have never seen a psych doc weigh anyone except for eating disorder patients.

Friday night and last night at work, almost everybody I came into contact with at the hospital made a comment about my weight loss. Then, this morning, the nursing supervisor (who is male none the less) pulled me aside when he saw me in the hall and told me he is concerned that I am losing too much weight.

WTH??? I eat-honestly!!! I probably packed away a good 3000 calories on one of my emotional eating days the week before last! I just had gastroenteritis last week and wasn't particularly hungry for that reason. I had diarrhea all week and was nauseous. Who would want to eat when they have a stomach bug? I did weigh myself on the hospital scale as opposed to my scale, and according to it I did lose 6 pounds since I weighed myself on it last weekend, so I am not sure which scale to believe, because mine is only showing a two pound loss.

I don't know,I am just really perplexed by this. It's not like I am a stick or anything! I am still 30+ lbs overweight according the the height/weight scale. It just bothers me, I am almost starting to dread when someone remarks about my weight!

9, I have no idea what could be wrong, but I'm very sorry you're not feeling good. You're right, I think most of us felt better at one week out. I hope you and Dr. K get to the bottom of it soon.

Deb, good to see you. It feels like fall here too today. It's been cooler, and just now it is starting to rain.

Prty and Mal, how was the 5K today? I'm glad the weather was nice for you this morning. Are you tired and sore? You Denver band girls are so athletic..I wonder if it is contagious? :tt2:

My daughter is home this weekend from college. We went to the Avs game Fri night, and Rapids Soccer last night. Today we recovered a fabric headboard for our guest room. So, it's been fun hanging out together. We got gourmet cupcakes from this place at Colfax & Steele. She was shocked that I could not finish a cupcake! yeah band!

Denver-wouldn't it be nice if the athletic bug IS contagious? :frown: Although I don't have any mountains to climb in Iowa. :thumbup: I will have to find a hill to climb instead. Not quite as exciting!

I am glad you had fun with your daughter. It sounds like you did a lot of nice things.

Oh no! There is an ER nurse who does dog rescue, and I was talking to her about my situation last night, and we discovered that for the Dept of Agriculture foster home license, they want it to be through a shelter or rescue. So it may not get approved. I am hoping that the State of Il will be as disorganized as they usually are and just put it through. (Keeping fingers crossed). Otherwise I may have to beg my friend at the Lab Rescue to let me get licensed under her.

But, one of the other ER nurses who does rescue gave me the name of a local woman who does Doberman rescue, who is also an attorney, who is apparently very knowledgable about all this licensing stuff. So I am going to email her later if I get time at work.

Please pray that something works out for my dogs ladies. :tt2:

Munch,

WTH? How rude can people be! I would respond "Thanks so much for your concern about my health. I have a MD who I am working closely with", and then turn and walk away!!!

You can't win...people either want to be rude about you being overweight, or rude about you losing weight. MYOB to those morons! My girlfriend in Florida had the same thing after she worked her butt off to lose 100 lbs on weight watchers and lots of exercise. Her managing partners at her firm took her aside to address her eating disorder. She politely told them she was a normal BMI and that they should MYOB.

Hey, Mal, Tucker wants to thank Buster soooo much for the presents!!;):frown::thumbup::w00t::tt2: He LOVES the treats! Man, oh, man....and the JRT's are jealous! The tag is darling!! He can't wear a collar now, but I am going to put it on a long ribbon and wear it on special occasions:rolleyes2: I might be able to figure out something for him, too, but I don't want him to lose it.

Thanks again; you are so thoughtful.

Yes, he said it is the same as Effexor basically but taken once a day. I took Effexor for years without trouble which is why I think he put me on it.

Okay, so both Effexor and Pristiq block reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine, essentially increasing their action in the brain. Norepinephrine is part of the "fight or flight" system and contributes to physiological arousal so the increased heart rate, BP, shakiness etc make sense. Were you quite a bit heavier when you were taking Effexor? Maybe this had a bigger effect because you're smaller!

As for the weight loss thing . . . maybe you're just at one of those points where your body is changing a lot and it's very noticable. Have you told people you had surgery?

Woohoo! good job! I show your goal as 15.

I'll go through and catch up on the spreadsheet and compile this week's results.

Hey Guys!

I did it!!! I really did it!!!

AND sadly, I didn't see Mal or Brandy! There were only about 70,000 people! The first race at 7am, for Women only had 31,000! Can you imagine? Here is a pic of my daughter and me AFTER the race! See, I'm still alive! AND not a sweaty mess!

I found this really nice couple, a father - walking for his wife and his daughter. He had a cane! I told my daughter, "he's my pace car - like at the Indie 500." We made sure we were always with him or a little faster than him. His daughter got a kick out of us! I am going to do it again next year! AND I'm going to get my friends to do it too! If they come to your town, join in!

post-224851-13813137686282_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys!

I did it!!! I really did it!!!

AND sadly, I didn't see Mal or Brandy! There were only about 70,000 people! The first race at 7am, for Women only had 31,000! Can you imagine? Here is a pic of my daughter and me AFTER the race! See, I'm still alive! AND not a sweaty mess!

I found this really nice couple, a father - walking for his wife and his daughter. He had a cane! I told my daughter, "he's my pace car - like at the Indie 500." We made sure we were always with him or a little faster than him. His daughter got a kick out of us! I am going to do it again next year! AND I'm going to get my friends to do it too! If they come to your town, join in!

YAY YOU!!!!!! Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself, and the pic is adorable.:tt2:

Okay, I am really perplexed. I do not think I have lost weight that fast...I am right around schedule, maybe even slightly behind schedule on my weight loss. But I am starting to get a complex that people think I have an eating disorder!

I can't remember, did you tell people you got a Band? I'm sure it can be scary for them to see you lose weight if they don't know. IF they do know, that's crazy! The purpose of the band is to lose weight! Stupid people!

First, when I went to the psychiatrist to get my antidepressants the other day, he weighed me. Now I have gone to him for over 4 years and never once has he weighed me. I thought it curious but was so upset about the dog issue that I didn't ask why. So maybe I am just overreacting to that one, but I have never seen a psych doc weigh anyone except for eating disorder patients.

Maybe because you're not overweight anymore, he feels he can weigh you without hurting your feelings. For me, I wasn't ever asked to weigh, because I was over the scale's limit! BUT NO MORE! Maybe previously he thought it would depress you too much to ask you to weigh.

Friday night and last night at work, almost everybody I came into contact with at the hospital made a comment about my weight loss. Then, this morning, the nursing supervisor (who is male none the less) pulled me aside when he saw me in the hall and told me he is concerned that I am losing too much weight.

Did you tell him, "thanks but there are other things to be concerned about in this life!" How about global warming, or the election, or the war!

WTH??? I eat-honestly!!! I probably packed away a good 3000 calories on one of my emotional eating days the week before last! I just had gastroenteritis last week and wasn't particularly hungry for that reason. I had diarrhea all week and was nauseous. Who would want to eat when they have a stomach bug? I did weigh myself on the hospital scale as opposed to my scale, and according to it I did lose 6 pounds since I weighed myself on it last weekend, so I am not sure which scale to believe, because mine is only showing a two pound loss.

But have you been not eating this week because of your tummy problems and all the stress of those ugly, nasty, skanky, evil neighbors?

I don't know,I am just really perplexed by this. It's not like I am a stick or anything! I am still 30+ lbs overweight according the the height/weight scale. It just bothers me, I am almost starting to dread when someone remarks about my weight!

Well, I've taken up lying! Nice, huh? I'm mean and I lie! I have so much issues with Water retention right now, that I am not going to tell anyone my weight (of course except you guys!) because they make ugly faces and say, "that's all? maybe you need a fill!" Shut up! It's not your place to tell me I need a fill!"

I know what you're going through, however, the people at my work just want to know how much I've lost and why haven't I lost more!

No one is every pleased with us Fluffy Folks!