Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Oh dear. Sorry it was rough. How much did he put in?

just 1.8cc...he said he'd rather err on the side of underfilling than overfilling, which makes sense. I made another appointment for a month from now.

just 1.8cc...he said he'd rather err on the side of underfilling than overfilling, which makes sense. I made another appointment for a month from now.

yeah, he gave me 2.1 the first time. I really do think it's better to be a little loose than too tight.

Hey, did he yell at you for gaining weight? I'm guessing not . . .

No, you guys were right. In fact, he was looking at the wrong page in my chart or something, because in his dication he said I had lost weight - LOL.

No, you guys were right. In fact, he was looking at the wrong page in my chart or something, because in his dication he said I had lost weight - LOL.

Saweet! That's almost as good as the real thing!!!

Have you tried eating anything yet?

I had Soup and a kiwi fruit so far - plan to stop at whole foods and get some yummy soup for dinner. All good.

Calling all nurses!

HELP! I broke my pinky toe. :w00t: It hurts like the dickens, it's all black and blue and purple, and I can't bend it. Oh, and I can't wear my work shoes. I walked into work half-barefoot because I just can't put my foot into a shoe and walk. It's throbbing, it's ugly...if I go to the doctor, are they just going to take an Xray, tell me it's broken, and send me on my way? Is there anything they can do for a broken toe? Will they give me something for the pain??? I'm a wuss and it hurts. :) I don't want to go to the Urgent Care with a broken toe unless I know they'll help me. I'm on an 80/20 plan for insurance, so whatever they do, I pay 20% and I don't want to cost myself a lot of money for nothing!

:redface:

Hmmm...I have to concur that they won't do anything much about it since it is the pinky toe. If it was your big toe maybe, but not any other toes. Sorry chickie!! I hope it is feeling better even though it probably isn't I am guessing!

You have a pet limit? I've never herd of such a thing! I can't believe anyone would do such a thing, they suck in the worst way.

They do suck in the worst way!! They are evil, horrible people!! When I came home awhile ago I was talking on my cell phone, and the wife was at the house next door, and she stood in the garage door eavesdropping, like I wouldn't be able to see her!

Freaks!!

Edited by munchkin392
I cannot type correctly today!

Lotza, absolutely, prayers your way..hope all turns out to be nothing

jme, I did the same thing a few years ago. There is nothing they can do. Take a pair of tennis shoes, and leave the sole intact, but cut the toe portion off with a box cutter. That way you can wear shoes that don't hurt. Sorry!

Tally, don't buy anything! I'll bring you a coat or sweatshirt when I get you at the airport..I have plenty and we don't want to be buying stuff until we get into the single digits, right?

I had my first fill today. It was not fun. I had no idea that they kept the needle in your for several minutes while you sit up, drink Water, etc. Thanks for the tip to bring my own icewater. It was a lot easier to tell whether I had restriction with the cold water.

I am always perplexed by this whole leaving the needle thing in because my doc doesn't do that. Maybe he should at the rate our fills go here!! Although the drinking water test does not really seem to work with me either as I don't usually feel my fills until a few days later for some reason. I am wierd, go figure!! :w00t:

Ok, so here is what I found out about the dog situation. It was my dads friend that was the animal control officer that came to the house about the complaint. He said it was an anonymous complaint. Go figure that they wouldn't even have the balls to leave their names!! Anyway, he said he does not put much effort into following up on anonymous complaints because he feels people should fess up to who they are if they are complaining. He came while I was gone yesterday, looked around my yard, saw it was clean, etc, and decided he would not pursue the matter any further.

HOWEVER, he said if they complain again (and they most assuredly will) that they will send a different animal control officer who will make me comply with city code.

So, now I just have to sit here and WAIT for these horrible people to pull the rug out from under my feet.

I went to my therapist today and he basically concurred that these people clearly are not right and that they will probably not stop with one phone call to animal control. So I was a mess in my therapy appt, bawling the whole time. I am now officially back on antidepressants. Shelbi, they put me on Pristiq too. We are antidepressant twins! I was surprised he did not put me back on Effexor but he said Pristiq works just like Effexor only it is one pill a day. I am good with that since I am horrible at remembering to take pills.

I can't stand just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop. I told Bob that the only good things about this are that A) they will be running out of ammunition and :w00t: anything they do to me after this will pale in comparison to this if one of my dogs has to go to a different home. If I do have to get rid of one dog and I am in compliance, they will not be able to get me in trouble for that any longer, and the GLOVES WILL BE COMING OFF. I have not wanted to stoop to their level during this whole ordeal, but the time has come to not put up with this anymore if one of my dogs has to leave.

Edited by munchkin392

So I went to the Urgent Care to get my toe x-ray'ed...how do you spell x-ray'ed??? LOL

Anyways, I fractured my pinky toe in two different places, so they taped my pinky toe to the toe next to it, wrapped my foot in an ACE bandage, and put my foot in this awesome little boot. Yea, it would have cost me a lot less to buy those supplies at CVS and wrap it up myself - but oh well, I feel better knowing that I didn't break a bone in my foot, and that's it's just a toe fracture. Oh, and they gave me pain killers - yay!

Gosh, it's almost the weekend! Yea! Me and my foot boot are going to Myrtle Beach! :w00t:

Edited by jmegirl

So I went to the Urgent Care to get my toe x-ray'ed...how do you spell x-ray'ed??? LOL

Anyways, I fractured my pinky toe in two different places, so they taped my pinky toe to the toe next to it, wrapped my foot in an ACE bandage, and put my foot in this awesome little boot. Yea, it would have cost me a lot less to buy those supplies at CVS and wrap it up myself - but oh well, I feel better knowing that I didn't break a bone in my foot, and that's it's just a toe fracture. Oh, and they gave me pain killers - yay!

Gosh, it's almost the weekend! Yea! Me and my foot boot are going to Myrtle Beach! :w00t:

Cool, I'm glad it's taken care of!!

Ok, so here is what I found out about the dog situation. It was my dads friend that was the animal control officer that came to the house about the complaint. He said it was an anonymous complaint. Go figure that they wouldn't even have the balls to leave their names!! Anyway, he said he does not put much effort into following up on anonymous complaints because he feels people should fess up to who they are if they are complaining. He came while I was gone yesterday, looked around my yard, saw it was clean, etc, and decided he would not pursue the matter any further.

HOWEVER, he said if they complain again (and they most assuredly will) that they will send a different animal control officer who will make me comply with city code.

So, now I just have to sit here and WAIT for these horrible people to pull the rug out from under my feet.

I went to my therapist today and he basically concurred that these people clearly are not right and that they will probably not stop with one phone call to animal control. So I was a mess in my therapy appt, bawling the whole time. I am now officially back on antidepressants. Shelbi, they put me on Pristiq too. We are antidepressant twins! I was surprised he did not put me back on Effexor but he said Pristiq works just like Effexor only it is one pill a day. I am good with that since I am horrible at remembering to take pills.

I can't stand just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop. I told Bob that the only good things about this are that A) they will be running out of ammunition and :tongue: anything they do to me after this will pale in comparison to this if one of my dogs has to go to a different home. If I do have to get rid of one dog and I am in compliance, they will not be able to get me in trouble for that any longer, and the GLOVES WILL BE COMING OFF. I have not wanted to stoop to their level during this whole ordeal, but the time has come to not put up with this anymore if one of my dogs has to leave.

Munch, sorry you are going through this insanity with your neighbors. I don't know how you losing 1 dog is going to improve their lives at all. makes no sense.

Gosh, it's almost the weekend! Yea! Me and my foot boot are going to Myrtle Beach! :tongue:

Jme, have fun at the beach. Glad your foot is okay.

Denver-you make an excellent point. How is me losing one dog going to improve their life? It doesn't make any sense!!

Thanks all for your advice about my fill. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS BAND!!! Things have settled down. I was wondering if it has to do with TOM???? I felt like it was going to start, but it didn't. I was supposed to start a couple of days ago. I am wondering if my "tightness" was worse because "TOM" was supposed to come. I am going to give it a couple of more days and see if I continue to eat ok. Dee, my lapband buddy, you are my hero!!! Good luck on your interview:thumbup:

I don't get much time to read all the posts but I do catch up some time. Patty, I am thinking about you. Stay strong. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

Munchin, your neighbors are EVIL. The dogs aren't the issue. They are trying everything to break you down. They are going to find new "issues" until you can't take it anymore and move. You need to find some dirty laundry on them so you can use it to blackmail them.:tongue:

Halloween challenge: -7 pounds (I think). I can't remember what my starting weight was. I am keeping track by my ticker information. I weighed in at 230 this morning. I can't believe it. :tongue: