Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Jaime,

I haven't read the rest of the posts, but I believe that there are three different bone or frame sizes. I am a large boned person. I know that because even when I weighed 120 lbs, I had very large wrists, no fat on them - just large bones. My daughter is very small boned. Her wrists are extremely small regardless of what she weighs. It's just my own theory.

I agree. No matter how much I weigh, I have tiny wrists. My daughter, on the other hand, has a large frame and, at 5 feet tall, looks fantastic at 140 lbs.

That is so weird...any ideas where I can get an accurate reading?

I got my reading from the trainer at 24 hour fitness. I wouldn't have known other than the caliper test.

Ok, apparently the other website won't let me save pics of the dresses since they didn't show up....if you could look at them and tell me what you think that would be fab...

The website is www.watters.com, the line is the Wtoo collection, and the styles are style number 880 and style number 3733.

I love 3733 but I am a bit afraid my girls will fall out since it is so low cut. Although, we are wearing brown for our bridesmaid dresses and it is quite pretty in brown....decisions, decisions.

There are so many pretty ones I am having a hard time deciding.

I get to go pick out a bridesmaid dress tomorrow also, I have to dress like a girl twice in one month!!

Yikes!!

I say go for 3733! It is gorgeous! Tape the girls...I had to duck tape mine when I got married. Funny story, we were in Vegas (yes we eloped) and I had to call maintenance @ Mandalay Bay for duck tape. He brought a strip of tape (approx. 6") and my DH said um that's not gonna work. :redface: Long story short he made 3 trips up to our room and finally let us have the entire roll.:)

I say go for 3733! It is gorgeous! Tape the girls...I had to duck tape mine when I got married. Funny story, we were in Vegas (yes we eloped) and I had to call maintenance @ Mandalay Bay for duck tape. He brought a strip of tape (approx. 6") and my DH said um that's not gonna work. :redface: Long story short he made 3 trips up to our room and finally let us have the entire roll.:crying:

:):laugh::):laugh::thumbup::laugh::smile2::laugh: That's a fabulous story!

Hmmm, well, got the results back from my glucose test.

My fasting levels have actually gone down, so that's a good thing.

But at 1 hour I was at 225 and at 2 hours I was at 165, so impaired glucose tolerance.

I eat SOOOOO carefully with regard to carbs, etc., but I wonder if being on metformin for awhile while I'm continuing to lose weight would be good.

Miss dee, any opinions on this? How high were your sugars when you were on it?

My doctor is very "pro-meds" I hate that about him, but I did agree with the introduction of metformin. I have confess, he wanted me on 1000mg twice a day, but I refused and took 500mg twice a day. My problem however turned out to be my fastings and never my 2 hour postprandial. So I just took 1000mg at bedtime and my fastings were always less than 100. If I ate a meal of carbs without Protein at all, i.e. white Pasta with veggies, the highest my sugar would be was 170's. I remember once making these turkey meatballs from scratch with sage and rosemary. I checked my sugar 2 hours pp and it was 400 and I freaked. I then realized I hadn't washed my hands well. I washed my hands and rechecked and it was 98. The oils from the sage and rosemary was still on my hands! ANYWAY, I think metformin is good. I took it for my PCOS - and my blood sugars. Sometimes I think I need to get on it again because I am not ovulating. I have had PMS for almost 3 weeks and I am sick of it! I say, start the metformin and check your blood sugars regularly. Esp. check your fasting everyday and at least one 2 hour pp.

I love, love, love the pumpkin cheesecake they have around the holidays. I think it is better than sex!!

My fave was the key lime cheesecake. Honestly, however, I am not a dessert person. I am a carb girl - i.e. bread! rice! pasta! potatoes! I could easily give up the cheesecakes and ice creams.

Somebody mentioned the rabbit and Sex And The City earlier...does anyone remember the scene where Samantha had to watch the baby and it wouldn't quit crying, so she put her vibrator in the car seat with the baby, and he was happily sitting there grinning as the vibrator hummed away? I laughed so hard at that scene, I think that was probably the funniest scene in the whole series!

I remember that episode. She was babysitting Miranda's little guy. AND she had to buy a new vib. It was actually a personal massager. Do you remember how big it was? AND how when she was in the store all the other ladies were asking her opinion? That happened to me at Fascinations. I was there and I had three ladies ask me for my opinion. Anyway, when Miranda came home and found that huge vib in the bouncer chair, she said, "that better be new!"

Ok, so I am trying to decide which dress I want for the Marine Corp Ball....feel free to weigh in please!!![ATTACH]15052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15054[/ATTACH]

I say go with the one you'll feel most comfortable wearing. Its' true you can always tape the girls up and out! My friend does it all of the time!
Reminder,

We're meeting Deboregon tomorrow (tues.) at 5:30 at Great Atlanta bread Company in Aurora Town Center.

Everybody is invited!

Thanks so much for posting this. I couldn't remember the time, we agreed upon. ALSO, I'd love to go to a holiday get together/potluck at your house! How sweet of you to open your home like that!

Hey Lifesaver! How's BFL going? AND how was your free day? AND your hike?

Thanks Brandy for letting me know about your port. After working out with the weights I felt some strange feelings - but of course it's probably my muscles thinking, "what the heck?" "this is new!"

Love ya,

dee~

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

thanks for the advice, miss dee. I am leaning towards asking for the metformin until I can get this under control a bit better. I am definitely going to start testing to see how my body reacts to the various things I eat. I'm currently getting almost all my carbs from veggies. I've not had ANY white carbs since my surgery. I was pretty disappointed in my results, to be honest. I had thought my numbers would look better.

I guess it would help explain why my weight loss has been pretty slow though. It looks like I'm pretty darned insulin resistant.

thanks for the advice, miss dee. I am leaning towards asking for the metformin until I can get this under control a bit better. I am definitely going to start testing to see how my body reacts to the various things I eat. I'm currently getting almost all my carbs from veggies. I've not had ANY white carbs since my surgery. I was pretty disappointed in my results, to be honest. I had thought my numbers would look better.

I guess it would help explain why my weight loss has been pretty slow though. It looks like I'm pretty darned insulin resistant.

Mini-the Metformin should help you lose weight a bit easier also if you are insulin resistant! :smile:

I say go for 3733! It is gorgeous! Tape the girls...I had to duck tape mine when I got married. Funny story, we were in Vegas (yes we eloped) and I had to call maintenance @ Mandalay Bay for duck tape. He brought a strip of tape (approx. 6") and my DH said um that's not gonna work. :wink_smile: Long story short he made 3 trips up to our room and finally let us have the entire roll.:confused:

That is a really funny story!!

Well, the overwhelming majority so far seem to like 3733, so I guess I will see if they have it at the local bridal shop so I can try it on (which they probably won't with my luck). And then I will have to learn how to tape my boobies!! :smile:

Mini-the Metformin should help you lose weight a bit easier also if you are insulin resistant! :smile:

Good point! And probably help me not feel so darned tired, too.

I'm wondering if your sugars were much higher before your surgery. Is it possible that you had already converted to Type 2 without knowing it? When was the last time you had an OGTT?

Just a thought, Mini.

The Metformin will help get things in order for you. They say it doesn't cause you have have lows, but it could, so just keep an eye on your values. I had patients who hit some lows while on it.

That is a really funny story!!

Well, the overwhelming majority so far seem to like 3733, so I guess I will see if they have it at the local bridal shop so I can try it on (which they probably won't with my luck). And then I will have to learn how to tape my boobies!! :smile:

Let us know how it goes! Hey, I showed DH your pics last night. He was SHOCKED at the difference. He said he couldn't believe that you had changed that much with a 56 lb loss.

I'm wondering if your sugars were much higher before your surgery. Is it possible that you had already converted to Type 2 without knowing it? When was the last time you had an OGTT?

Just a thought, Mini.

The Metformin will help get things in order for you. They say it doesn't cause you have have lows, but it could, so just keep an eye on your values. I had patients who hit some lows while on it.

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I have never had an OGTT, just fasting, and even that has been awhile (at least a year, maybe more, can't remember). It was always loitering in the high normal to pre-diabetes stage. Now I'm thinking that I was probably walking around with really messed up blood sugars. Sigh. My PCP kept saying on the phone - good thing you had your surgery, good thing you had that surgery.

I think it's interesting that they don't do OGTT's more often, since that can be what goes bad FIRST in a lot of people. Strange.

I will watch for lows. I had horrible lows all the time I was growing up. I think my ability to regulate my blood sugar has always been messed up . . .

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I have never had an OGTT, just fasting, and even that has been awhile (at least a year, maybe more, can't remember). It was always loitering in the high normal to pre-diabetes stage. Now I'm thinking that I was probably walking around with really messed up blood sugars. Sigh. My PCP kept saying on the phone - good thing you had your surgery, good thing you had that surgery.

I think it's interesting that they don't do OGTT's more often, since that can be what goes bad FIRST in a lot of people. Strange.

I will watch for lows. I had horrible lows all the time I was growing up. I think my ability to regulate my blood sugar has always been messed up . . .

Many times hypoglycemia is a precursor to Type 2. I watched my blood sugars get higher and higher before starting the metformin. And then I started it and they stabilized pretty well. After surgery, I was hitting 40's so I stopped taking it. I really miss not ovulating now. I need to figure out a way to get back on it and not have lows. I can't handle these 3 week PMS events.

I am thinking you possibly could have converted just prior to surgery and the numbers you're seeing now are much improved. We won't ever know, however, I agree that the surgery is going to make things much better for you. If you had converted, you probably had just converted prior to surgery.

I'm not sure why the ADA recommends not doing the OGTT now. I agree, it is really the only way of obtaining the true values. I dealt with this problem daily as a DM Case Manager and there were patients who got angry with their diagnosis and demand OGTT's. I totally agreed with them.

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Many times hypoglycemia is a precursor to Type 2. I watched my blood sugars get higher and higher before starting the metformin. And then I started it and they stabilized pretty well. After surgery, I was hitting 40's so I stopped taking it. I really miss not ovulating now. I need to figure out a way to get back on it and not have lows. I can't handle these 3 week PMS events.

I am thinking you possibly could have converted just prior to surgery and the numbers you're seeing now are much improved. We won't ever know, however, I agree that the surgery is going to make things much better for you. If you had converted, you probably had just converted prior to surgery.

I'm not sure why the ADA recommends not doing the OGTT now. I agree, it is really the only way of obtaining the true values. I dealt with this problem daily as a DM Case Manager and there were patients who got angry with their diagnosis and demand OGTT's. I totally agreed with them.

Yeah, 3 weeks of PMS would send me over the edge. I gotta' say, having a hysterectomy improved my quality of life immensely. I know that's not very PC to say, but I haven't regretted it one bit.

I really think you're right about converting just prior to my surgery. In fact, I had an incidence of awful neuropathy in one of my cranial nerves that started last May and just barely cleared up before my surgery. It was horrible and no one could figure out what started it. Now I"m wondering if that was what was going on. I"m going to ask my doc on Friday. Either way, I think I can safely say that this surgery is most definitely the best thing I could have done for myself in sooo many ways.

I am celebrating today. Even though I am up a pound...grrrrrrr....I am actually wearing a size 8 shorts. And a S/M top. Just had to share, I know that you all will be happy about it, when no else really cares.