Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Ahhh, Denver. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated. It's tough to be patient when you want it to start happening!!!! Soon . . . it will be soon . . .

Thanks...i'm glad I didn't tell anybody at work about the surgery...I can only imagine what the comments would be now with no change.

Thanks...i'm glad I didn't tell anybody at work about the surgery...I can only imagine what the comments would be now with no change.

This is a very difficult time for you. We all went through it and right now I'm dealing with a prolonged plateau - and it makes me wish I never told anyone about my surgery.

So few people even recognize I lost weight and I have a feeling most of the time that if they didn't know about my surgery, they wouldn't have ever noticed. It's frustrating.

I do want to say, that I loved your lipstick the other evening. I wanted to mention it and didn't get a chance. So pretty!

I am waiting for a check to come so I can go pay my lawyer everything I owe him so this can be DONE. I seriously cannot take him anymore-the verbal abuse, the suicide threats, all of it. It is too much.

Munchi, You and I are in the same place. My divorce is final and has been for over a year, but yet, I still get those late night, been drinking, calls of regret from the ex. They really tear at my soul and I hate it. I wish I was like others when they get divorced... move on and never see or talk to the ex again. There is something to say about taking a stand. I think you have to do the same when your divorce is final, you need to be free of him and be able to find some happiness. You've worked hard to be a healthy weight and it's your time to be cherished and cared for - not abused in any way!

My vote is definitely the black one!

Well, after sleeping in way late this morning, I drank my meals today (protein shake, Water, juice) as I wasn't sure about having my first fill.

Just finished dinner: 2 pieces of spinach ravioli with tblsp of basil sauce: it was too much! So i guess I am restricted!!!:crying: Now if I could only get myself to move:w00t:

Sounds good Deb! I'm glad you have restriction. I think people forget that it's a lot of us and a little of the band. You deserve the restriction! We all do!!!

AND I wanted to thank you for spending the time with me the night we met. You're a very nurturing soul and I appreciate the heart felt chat we had!

I heard you honking when you turned the corner - I was behind the tree, so you might not have seen me waving. Can you believe I drove over there? After parking, I realized, I should have walked! It's that old "my feet are going to hurt" mentality! I've got to change my mind to match my body!

So my Dr charged me for another fill. I am pissed about it... but what can I do. When he pulled out my saline I had only 4cc's. ONE CC LESS than I went in with last week. Grrr. No wonder I had no restriction. I think he took out more than he realized after the overfill???

So now I am a "smidge under" 7CC's... which was the amount that I couldn't swallow Water last week. *sigh* I HATE this guessing game with fills.

It took me over an hour to drink a Vivanno from Starbucks. I definitely have restriction. A small bit of gurgling with liquids, but at least they are going down. I guess time will tell. I am freaked about trying to eat anything! Definitely going to take it slow.

On a side note, I have upped my personal trainer sessions to twice a week. I am not going to participate in the BFL challenge. I am having a hard enough time right now sticking to my PT goals, and figuring out my fill level.

Sorry again for the drive-by. I cannot keep up if I am not here everyday.

Hey girl! Sorry to hear about that fill! I hate how expensive this band business can be! I thought of you and how hard you're working with your trainer, so I got me one! I only have 5 sessions, but it will help get me on track with the weights. I'm so sore from doing the BFL lifting and meeting with my PT twice a week! ARGH! hang in there Sister!

ok< I was banded today and all went well. Dr. K and all of his staff were very professional and attended to my every need.

I was in some pain when I woke up, probably a 6 but they give you something stronger than morphine so it kicked it as soon as they gave it to me. I have been using the pain medicine every 4 hours so that I can get up and walk around.

I did use the suppository and I highly recommend it because I don't have much gas although I took a GasX strip when I got back to the hotel just in c ase.

Dr. K wants you to use an ice pack and not a heating pad so I though I would mention it. Also, the incentive spirometer is a little harder to do than you would think but not unbearable.

I definitely haven't been very hungry and when I take the hydrocodone it knocks me out so I"m getting quite a lot of sleep.< /p>

Not one bit of nausea so far...so all is well.

I will post more later.

:crying:

Michelle from here told me abou the ice pack and I think it worked wonders for port pain. I had a lot of pain in my port area post op for about a week, so I bought a bunch of cheap bags of frozen peas and used them - they mold easily to your tummy! Get some rest and good luck! BTW, I didn't have any gas pains either! Just a lot of port pain!

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!!

Well I had my third fill today. I had to beg the doctor to give me 1cc. He said I am losing steady and I should wait awhile, but I know my body, I was able to eat way to much. I was also hungry all the time. I know I have to work at this but I do have this tool and I want it to help me as much as possible. I still don't feel any restriction. I have 5.5 cc's in my band now. One really good bit of info I received today......they are only charging me for office visits instead of fills and I only have to pay $54.00 per visit:thumbup::crying::thumbup:. Isn't that awesome. I also really like this surgeon. He is always perfect with the fill. Never had to poke me twice and he doesn't have an attitude when I ask him for my fill even though he doesn't think I need one.

I found this awesome Italian store near the hospital. I loved it:w00t: I even found 100 calorie packs of Italian cookies!!!!:D

Sounds good Bella, but be careful making your band too tight. You do have restriction if you have ever PB'd, slimed or vomited. Also, it's a tight band that can cause problems down the road. Just be careful, you've worked too hard and spent too much to lose your band.

You're one of the lucky ones to have a good fill doctor, I think that is half the battle for the out of staters!

I don't understand why my sister invited her....she said she invites her every year and she never comes and won't come this year....I was like "Surprise! She is planning on coming this year apparently!"

You know exactly what you mean about your Mom. My Mom drives me insane sometimes. I do love her to death, but there are times when I want to scream!

Deb~So sorry I missed you! Just as I thought, I ended up working late. I was thinking about you gals and you all look terrific, thanks for posting the picture.

Hey Munchkin, sorry to hear about the fence, I just can't believe how far they are willing to take this over four inches! Sooo weird!

Life and Dee~I finally got the book. I am thinking of starting after my 5k. The book is a real kick in the a**, like a wake up call. Wouldn't it be awesome to have him as your personal trainer? I would love that!

Mal,

Only a little over a week left til we do our 5K. You'll be running, I'll be walking and then crawling to the finish!

It's okay! It's my first, I just want to finish! Even if it's on my knees! Praying!!!

Question: You've done it before, should I dress in layers? Or a long sleeve tee?

YAY LOTZA!!!!

Such a great feeling!!!

I personally, never dreamed that 9 months ago I would be in an 8. I was a 20/22 on surgery day. Only 17 more to go...so close, yet so far!

Brandy,

That is such a HUGE success! You are awesome and should be very proud of yourself, Way to go!

Deb

Deb, how was your fill? Did it go okay? Do you feel okay today? Yes, that is a loooonnng day. Yuck.

Mal, remind me again when your 5k is happening????

Hey Mini~My 5k is Sunday October 5th...time is closing on on me!

I love, love, love the pumpkin cheesecake they have around the holidays. I think it is better than sex!!

I just saw Pumpkin Cheesecake Ben & Jerry's at the store last night! I ran away screaming, lol :crying:

ok< I was banded today and all went well. Dr. K and all of his staff were very professional and attended to my every need.

I was in some pain when I woke up, probably a 6 but they give you something stronger than morphine so it kicked it as soon as they gave it to me. I have been using the pain medicine every 4 hours so that I can get up and walk around.

I did use the suppository and I highly recommend it because I don't have much gas although I took a GasX strip when I got back to the hotel just in c ase.

Dr. K wants you to use an ice pack and not a heating pad so I though I would mention it. Also, the incentive spirometer is a little harder to do than you would think but not unbearable.

I definitely haven't been very hungry and when I take the hydrocodone it knocks me out so I"m getting quite a lot of sleep.< /p>

Not one bit of nausea so far...so all is well.

I will post more later.

:crying:

Cassy,

Day three was my worst day. If that happens, just know it will pass. I used the ice pack on my port site for 3 days after surgery, pretty much 24/7. I found it to really help.

[ATTACH]15110[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15112[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15113[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15114[/ATTACH]

So these are the gowns I found-the black one is the consignment shop one, and I will be taking the ugly rhinestone brooch off. I think once the brooch is off it will be simple and elegant.

The grey one is the bargain one from Sears. I think the top is kind of wierd. I don't know.

Opinions please!

I Love the black one!!

Deb

Mal,

Only a little over a week left til we do our 5K. You'll be running, I'll be walking and then crawling to the finish!

It's okay! It's my first, I just want to finish! Even if it's on my knees! Praying!!!

Question: You've done it before, should I dress in layers? Or a long sleeve tee?

Hey Dee~well, if you do the first race, it starts at 7:00, it can be pretty chilly, I would wear layers. The 8:30 co-ed Run/walk, the weather should be nice enough, I think I will wear shorts, a long sleeve under my t-shirt. I am so proud of you for doing the race this year! Oh, yeah, don't forget to wear PINK, PINK, and more PINK...remember my pink sparkly sunglasses??? I wear them every year and I always wear a Hawaiian flag for my mom and pictures of my mom too. I hope to see you down there!