Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Munchi, You and I are in the same place. My divorce is final and has been for over a year, but yet, I still get those late night, been drinking, calls of regret from the ex. They really tear at my soul and I hate it. I wish I was like others when they get divorced... move on and never see or talk to the ex again. There is something to say about taking a stand. I think you have to do the same when your divorce is final, you need to be free of him and be able to find some happiness. You've worked hard to be a healthy weight and it's your time to be cherished and cared for - not abused in any way!

My therapist told me this morning that I just need to quit talking to him period. He told me to be prepared for everything to escalate, to be prepared to have to call the police and file a restraining order, and basically for things to get really bad. But he was very blunt about the fact that he is obviously not going to change and that I need to do this. He also said that I should not go to NC with my mom. Go figure.

I just saw pumpkin Cheesecake Ben & Jerry's at the store last night! I ran away screaming, lol :D

I know, I got an email from them saying it was going to be in the stores...I have been trying to avoid the ice cream aisle like crazy. If I get a taste of that I will be sunk!:crying:

I just checked the B&J website. Turns out it's only available in "select retail stores" so my local grocery store might not have it. However, it's available by the scoop at my local B&J store. Now, I'll be going there straight after work for a scoop, haha. What sucks is I saw another flavor on their list that made me drool - Cheesecake Brownie! :D:blush::D

I think I'm going to have ice cream for dinner. :crying:

I'm just glad I don't have a scoop shop here or I would really be in trouble. That is the only good thing about having a layover at the Atlanta airport- they have a Ben & Jerrys! :blush:

Jamie...when do you start your pre-op? I remember the last supper thing. There are still days, that I wish I could eat like that again. Sometimes I really miss eating. Really miss it.

I really miss eating like that also some days. But for the last two weeks it's good that I can't eat like that or I would have gained 10 pounds. I am fully back into emotional eating again because of all the stress. Good thing I can only eat a little bit. :crying: (And I am so disappointed in myself for falling into the whole emotional eating thing again!)

There's actually only a few flavors of ice cream that I really like. I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream at all, which rules out a lot of stuff. I usually go for vanilla or fruity flavors. But cheesecake flavor always wins! There's a Dave Matthew's Band B&J flavor called Magic Brownies - Black Raspberry ice cream swirled with Sweet Cream ice cream and fudgy brownie chunks. :D

I need some real magic brownies right now! :crying: But seriously, that flavor is really good, and you probably haven't read me and Brandys previous posts, but we are both Dave Matthews fans...I am a huge one! I go see him every year!

My therapist told me this morning that I just need to quit talking to him period. He told me to be prepared for everything to escalate, to be prepared to have to call the police and file a restraining order, and basically for things to get really bad. But he was very blunt about the fact that he is obviously not going to change and that I need to do this. He also said that I should not go to NC with my mom. Go figure.

I was hoping that stupid therapist would have given me some advice or anything, but not!! He probably wasn't even listening to me! Like this morning, he's already called me 4 times AND I'm at work! Yesterday, he called about 10 times before the end of the day! I wanted to scream!!!

There's actually only a few flavors of ice cream that I really like. I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream at all, which rules out a lot of stuff. I usually go for vanilla or fruity flavors. But cheesecake flavor always wins! There's a Dave Matthew's Band B&J flavor called Magic Brownies - Black Raspberry ice cream swirled with Sweet Cream ice cream and fudgy brownie chunks. :D

I need some real magic brownies right now! :crying: But seriously, that flavor is really good, and you probably haven't read me and Brandys previous posts, but we are both Dave Matthews fans...I am a huge one! I go see him every year!

My friend's hubby asked her to marry him at a Dave Matthew's concert. He had the front row hold up a huge banner! It was really sweet!

Dee and Mal!

I will be doing the Race For The Cure too. Walking obviously, dumb knee. We are the BOOBIE BUNCH!!! We have nice T-shirts with the Booby Birds on it. Lets try to meet and have a photo op.

I am walking for my mom and for the memory of my grandma! It is always fun!!!

Brandy! That's great! I'm glad to hear you're walking too! Are you going to do the family walk or the 5k? I just bought the cutest hat from the gift shop... it's pink!!! DUH! I have such a huge cranium that I rarely find hats that fit! Now I'll have to fight my daughter for it!

Wow, that sounds great! How much did he give you?

I hear ya on that moving thing. I am such a slug. A big, Oregon banana slug. That's me. :crying:

It was 3.1 in a 10 band. I have decided I am going to get out my ol' Richard Simmons dvd today and start in. Gotta do sumthun':blink:

Hi Deb, Glad to hear you are doing ok after you fill. It was great to meet you!

Nora, thanks so much for being there. I really enjoyed our time together.

Munch,

I know I"m in the minority here, but I love the gray one. I can tell it would really show off your shape. Go for it!

Adork, good to hear from you. That is weird about the fill levels.

I am feeling fat fat fat. Went to a charity event tonight, did not like how I looked in my dress, but really didn't have time after work to fuss around with trying on other stuff. This one fit, but I just felt lumpy in it. And of course the issue yet again that I did not have a date for this event. Sorry, just feeling whiney and sorry for myself. I am frustrated with this bandster hell thing, have no restriction, hungry as per usual, and eating the wrong things. I want a fill, and i want a ticker that moves in the right direction already!!!! (my 1st fill is next week)

You are lookin' great.....just a mood, I am sure

Thanks...i'm glad I didn't tell anybody at work about the surgery...I can only imagine what the comments would be now with no change.

You are right about keeping quiet. We don't need anymore pressure from people "watching" us. We are hard enough on ourselves

Sounds good Deb! I'm glad you have restriction. I think people forget that it's a lot of us and a little of the band. You deserve the restriction! We all do!!!

AND I wanted to thank you for spending the time with me the night we met. You're a very nurturing soul and I appreciate the heart felt chat we had!

I heard you honking when you turned the corner - I was behind the tree, so you might not have seen me waving. Can you believe I drove over there? After parking, I realized, I should have walked! It's that old "my feet are going to hurt" mentality! I've got to change my mind to match my body!

Our talk meant a lot to me, too, Dee. Again, thanks for your openness and acceptance.

There's actually only a few flavors of ice cream that I really like. I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream at all, which rules out a lot of stuff. I usually go for vanilla or fruity flavors. But cheesecake flavor always wins! There's a Dave Matthew's Band B&J flavor called Magic Brownies - Black Raspberry ice cream swirled with Sweet Cream ice cream and fudgy brownie chunks. :smile:

We have a B&J shoppe around here, but I still go for the pint! :wub: But not for long...I'm gonna be on the losers bench soon!

Dr. K says I should do a 7 day pre-op diet since I'm currently at a 38 BMI. But I've admitted to myself that I have a problem with sodas and beer. :blush: So in order to successfully quit those two, I need to start well in advance of 7 days, haha. I've promised my husband to "start" my pre-op diet on October 5th, which is one month out. I'll first quit beer, and then after a week or so I'll quit sodas as well. Hopefully by the third week I won't be entirely bitchy, and I'll be able to officially start the low-carb portion of the pre-op diet. My plan is to do low-carb for at least two weeks, but I need to quit sodas and beer before I start low-carb. Trying to do all that at once is liable to make me kill someone - I'll be so cranky!!!

I think I would rethink the order of beer and soda. Man, I miss a cold beer....pop, not so much!

I know, I got an email from them saying it was going to be in the stores...I have been trying to avoid the ice cream aisle like crazy. If I get a taste of that I will be sunk!:D

You get EMAIL from them???:blush::scared2: That is too scary!:D

I was hoping that stupid therapist would have given me some advice or anything, but not!! He probably wasn't even listening to me! Like this morning, he's already called me 4 times AND I'm at work! Yesterday, he called about 10 times before the end of the day! I wanted to scream!!!

Dee, check for a PM from me.

I really miss eating like that also some days. But for the last two weeks it's good that I can't eat like that or I would have gained 10 pounds. I am fully back into emotional eating again because of all the stress. Good thing I can only eat a little bit. :D (And I am so disappointed in myself for falling into the whole emotional eating thing again!)

Don't be disappointed that you "let yourself" fall back into emotional eating. Skinny people do it too! It's part of life, so there's no shame in washing the pain away with a pint of B&J Magic Brownies...or a fifth of some goooood tequila! :D

I've had magic brownies twice in my life, and there was nothing magical about them. I got paranoid, freaked out, and I cried a lot until finally someone forced me to go to bed - and that happened both times! It's safe to say I don't take too well to the magic herbs.

My friend's hubby asked her to marry him at a Dave Matthew's concert. He had the front row hold up a huge banner! It was really sweet!

Aww, that's such a great idea!!! How sweet! BUT that would have sucked if there'd been another woman in the vicinity who saw her name pop up on that banner and thought she was being proposed to! :blush:

That's awesome that there are some Dave fans on here. I love them! But everytime them come to concert around here it's always a Tuesday or Wednesday night, and my husband refused to go to a concert in the middle of the work week. :smile:

I'm a Parrothead though - a total Jimmy Buffett freak. I've seen him 3 times - last year I actually traveled from NC to Tampa Bay to see him in November! Love that man :blush:

Is he related to my husband? It sounds like they have the same stalker gene or something. And maybe I can get a group discount if you fly here and go to my therapist!

Let me ask you something....my soon to be ex just told me he has been seeing the sitter that sat with him while he was in the hospital outside the hospital. I think that is awfully inappropriate of her....what do you think?

That is awesome!! My dream wedding proposal!!

Don't be disappointed that you "let yourself" fall back into emotional eating. Skinny people do it too! It's part of life, so there's no shame in washing the pain away with a pint of B&J Magic Brownies...or a fifth of some goooood tequila! :D

I've had magic brownies twice in my life, and there was nothing magical about them. I got paranoid, freaked out, and I cried a lot until finally someone forced me to go to bed - and that happened both times! It's safe to say I don't take too well to the magic herbs.

Aww, that's such a great idea!!! How sweet! BUT that would have sucked if there'd been another woman in the vicinity who saw her name pop up on that banner and thought she was being proposed to! :D

That's awesome that there are some Dave fans on here. I love them! But everytime them come to concert around here it's always a Tuesday or Wednesday night, and my husband refused to go to a concert in the middle of the work week. :blush:

I'm a Parrothead though - a total Jimmy Buffett freak. I've seen him 3 times - last year I actually traveled from NC to Tampa Bay to see him in November! Love that man :blush:

I'll fly to NC to see Dave with you on a weeknight!!! :crying:

I think I would rethink the order of beer and soda. Man, I miss a cold beer....pop, not so much!

You get EMAIL from them???:D:scared2: That is too scary!:crying:

Deb you might be right. I think I'll keep the beer as long as possible! :D

I can't believe that Munchie is on the B&J mailing list!! That seems like the cruelest form of torture there is! But, as a bonus, she's probably the first to know when they're having Free Cone Day! I think they do it a few times a year!

I'm totally getting B&J pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream for dinner. :blush: And I might just swing through McD's after that and get a Big Mac and fries LOL. My husband is coming home late tonight...I can take out the trash before he comes home and he'll never know how much I gorged, haha. He gives me evil looks when I eat that much crap at once. :blush: Probably because he's jealous that I'm getting the band!!!