Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Wow, I haven't ever been that low. At least not since 8th grade!! I had my heart set on 180lbs. I was down to 175lbs when I was 19 (my freshman year of college) and I was a super hottie then. I don't think I'll be able to get that low again though.

But, you never know! At 175lbs I was a size 12, so just barely out of the "plus size" realm but I still looked good - I looked healthy. I think I'm just big-boned. All you nurses out there, is big-boned real, or is it just something fat girls tell themselves? :redface:

I thought the big boned thing was a myth until my primary care doc told me what he wanted my goal weight to be, based on the fact that I have a large frame. I looked up the Met Life height/weight chart thing, and they actually (rather unscientifically) measure your frame by measuring the two prominent bones in your elbow when it is bent at a 90 angle against your body. If I remember correctly, if the bones are more than 2 1/2 inches apart, you have a large frame. Mine were 3 inches apart. I would have always assumed I had a small frame (not even a medium one) until I looked at that. My fill doc still wants me to lose a bit more weight than my PCP, so we are having a bit of a debate between the two of them.

Thanks for the feedback!!! :redface:

Also, yet another question for my ladies. I really need to get a notebook and start writing down all the things I'm finding out, because I'll probably forget half of them come surgery time.

Question: How are salads with the band? By salad, I mean iceberg lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, maybe some cheese, maybe some nuts, chopped egg...normal salad, nothin' fancy. Light or FF dressing of course. How does that go down? I'll be disappointed if I can't enjoy a good salad when I'm banded...

I can eat salad fine-it is the one thing I can eat even when I am TOO restricted.

Hmmm, well, got the results back from my glucose test.

My fasting levels have actually gone down, so that's a good thing.

But at 1 hour I was at 225 and at 2 hours I was at 165, so impaired glucose tolerance.

I eat SOOOOO carefully with regard to carbs, etc., but I wonder if being on metformin for awhile while I'm continuing to lose weight would be good.

Miss dee, any opinions on this? How high were your sugars when you were on it?

Metformin sounds like a good idea, but I am going to defer to Dee because she is the expert!

Oh, oh, oh yummy yummy. Yes indeed. Maybe not better than the jack-rabbit though :redface:

Somebody mentioned the rabbit and Sex And The City earlier...does anyone remember the scene where Samantha had to watch the baby and it wouldn't quit crying, so she put her vibrator in the car seat with the baby, and he was happily sitting there grinning as the vibrator hummed away? I laughed so hard at that scene, I think that was probably the funniest scene in the whole series!

Ok, so I am trying to decide which dress I want for the Marine Corp Ball....feel free to weigh in please!!!post-7941-138136673525_thumb.png

post-50108-1381366735335_thumb.jpg

post-50108-13813667354013_thumb.jpg

post-224581-13813137614973_thumb.jpg

post-224581-13813137615145_thumb.gif

post-224581-13813137615193_thumb.gif

Ok, apparently the other website won't let me save pics of the dresses since they didn't show up....if you could look at them and tell me what you think that would be fab...

The website is www.watters.com, the line is the Wtoo collection, and the styles are style number 880 and style number 3733.

I love 3733 but I am a bit afraid my girls will fall out since it is so low cut. Although, we are wearing brown for our bridesmaid dresses and it is quite pretty in brown....decisions, decisions.

There are so many pretty ones I am having a hard time deciding.

I get to go pick out a bridesmaid dress tomorrow also, I have to dress like a girl twice in one month!!

Yikes!!

Edited by munchkin392

Ok, apparently the other website won't let me save pics of the dresses since they didn't show up....if you could look at them and tell me what you think that would be fab...

The website is www.watters.com, the line is the Wtoo collection, and the styles are style number 880 and style number 3733.

I love 3733 but I am a bit afraid my girls will fall out since it is so low cut. Although, we are wearing brown for our bridesmaid dresses and it is quite pretty in brown....decisions, decisions.

There are so many pretty ones I am having a hard time deciding.

I get to go pick out a bridesmaid dress tomorrow also, I have to dress like a girl twice in one month!!

Yikes!!

I really like 3733. You could use that tape stuff to keep the girls in. I think it's gorgeous and would emphasize your curves.

I really like 3733. You could use that tape stuff to keep the girls in. I think it's gorgeous and would emphasize your curves.

Yes, I think that one is absolutely gorgeous also. Anyone else? :redface:

Yes, I think that one is absolutely gorgeous also. Anyone else? :redface:

Simply stunning!!!! Go for it, tape your puppies in and you'll be fine!

Simply stunning!!!! Go for it, tape your puppies in and you'll be fine!

Well, I guess the tape worked for J Lo, but I really don't want to have a Janet Jackson "moment"! :redface:

Well, I guess the tape worked for J Lo, but I really don't want to have a Janet Jackson "moment"! :)

You're such a hottie now, you'd have every eye in the house on you - but in a good way :redface:

Awww, you are too sweet to me!!

Ok, so I am trying to decide which dress I want for the Marine Corp Ball....feel free to weigh in please!!![ATTACH]15052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15054[/ATTACH]

I like the one in this photo, they all would look great on you. Yes, hope you can come to the Denver party and get your fill at the same time!

Reminder,

We're meeting Deboregon tomorrow (tues.) at 5:30 at Great Atlanta bread Company in Aurora Town Center.

Everybody is invited!

Wow, I haven't ever been that low. At least not since 8th grade!! I had my heart set on 180lbs. I was down to 175lbs when I was 19 (my freshman year of college) and I was a super hottie then. I don't think I'll be able to get that low again though.

But, you never know! At 175lbs I was a size 12, so just barely out of the "plus size" realm but I still looked good - I looked healthy. I think I'm just big-boned. All you nurses out there, is big-boned real, or is it just something fat girls tell themselves? :redface:

Jaime,

I haven't read the rest of the posts, but I believe that there are three different bone or frame sizes. I am a large boned person. I know that because even when I weighed 120 lbs, I had very large wrists, no fat on them - just large bones. My daughter is very small boned. Her wrists are extremely small regardless of what she weighs. It's just my own theory.