Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Tally~

I have had several fills (I am so lucky and so blessed that I am local) but whenever I felt like I could eat more than I was comfortable with, I called to get a fill. I think that the process would have been alot slower without access to Dr. K's office.

I did the lap band to avoid knee replacement surgery. I was going to have to have it done this year if I didn't do something drastic. At 33, I was not ready for that.

I laugh because looking better is a perk...but I literally lost my 8 year old and my 5 year old in weight. I can't believe that I lugged that around for all those years!!

Tally~

I have had several fills (I am so lucky and so blessed that I am local) but whenever I felt like I could eat more than I was comfortable with, I called to get a fill. I think that the process would have been alot slower without access to Dr. K's office.

I did the lap band to avoid knee replacement surgery. I was going to have to have it done this year if I didn't do something drastic. At 33, I was not ready for that.

I laugh because looking better is a perk...but I literally lost my 8 year old and my 5 year old in weight. I can't believe that I lugged that around for all those years!!

Wow, when you think about your weight in "people" it's even more amazing! I do wish I was local so I could have easier access to Dr. K too. Nobody here will even consider doing a fill on someone else's patient. I am scheduled for Oct. 7 for my first fill and I hope it will last a little while.

I do wish I was local so I could have easier access to Dr. K too. Nobody here will even consider doing a fill on someone else's patient. I am scheduled for Oct. 7 for my first fill and I hope it will last a little while.

I haven't even begun to look for a fill doctor, and I'm worried about the hunt for one. There are the Fill Centers USA people, but of the 3 offices that are "close" to me, the closest is still over a 2hr drive. I wish local doctors would do it, but I'm guessing that's off-limits for most of them. Which makes sense - I just wish it wasn't like that.

Brandy, So glad you are feeling better. It is funny when you think you have lost one of your kids in weight. I have lost me 8 year old and our dog. As of this morning I have about 15 lbs. to lose. It seems like just yesterday I started on this journey.:biggrin:

Brandy, I'm glad you are feeling better! I'd still call Dr. K., though just to tell him how you were feeling.

Tally, are you ready to go back to work tomorrow? I have no idea how I am going to stay awake all day.

I had scrambled eggs for Breakfast, yeah! :biggrin:

Brandy, glad to hear u r feeling better.

Mal: good to hear from u again. I don't think 6:30 would be a problem on 23rd. I have no idea where this place is in relation to airport. I just have to get the rental car back and board the plane that leaves at 9:30. I figure I don't have to check in that early for a flight that late and with no luggage.

Okay, so now i am po'ed... New scales, right? Been doing my regular weigh in. Last weekend I got on and off six times to dispel my fog as it read way too little. Finally I got the same number three times in a row. So, it's gotta be right!Right?Wrong....Two days later it is reading 11 pounds more!!:biggrin::tt2::cool2: With lasix!! Hell, I have no idea how much I weigh or have lost now. Anyone else had issues with their digital "pals"? So disheartening.:lol:

How can one not lose weight on a variety of daily caloric intake that can be 550 to 900 a day!! I know I have to move, too, but gawd a snail could lose weight on those numbers:scared2:

Any advice?

Oh, one more thing. This sipping Water thing between meals: I can't get nearly the water I had before. I am not a sipper. Can we just drink water in between meals like a normal person if we aren't grazing? I eat 2-3 meals a day. Might have one snack: sugarfree Jello, sf pudding, sf popsicle..something like that. I prefer drinking water to eating that stuff, so as long as I have stopped drinking 30 minutes before a meal, can I DRINK water? Anyone wanna check in on this.

Mal: good to hear from u again. I don't think 6:30 would be a problem on 23rd. I have no idea where this place is in relation to airport. I just have to get the rental car back and board the plane that leaves at 9:30. I figure I don't have to check in that early for a flight that late and with no luggage.

Okay, so now i am po'ed... New scales, right? Been doing my regular weigh in. Last weekend I got on and off six times to dispel my fog as it read way too little. Finally I got the same number three times in a row. So, it's gotta be right!Right?Wrong....Two days later it is reading 11 pounds more!!:biggrin::tt2::cool2: With lasix!! Hell, I have no idea how much I weigh or have lost now. Anyone else had issues with their digital "pals"? So disheartening.:lol:

How can one not lose weight on a variety of daily caloric intake that can be 550 to 900 a day!! I know I have to move, too, but gawd a snail could lose weight on those numbers:scared2:

Any advice?

Try increasing your calorie intake to 1000, your body may be going into starvation mode and holding on to all the fat. If you cant eat more try to get it in protien shakes.

Oh Deb, What a PIA! Sounds like you need a new scale and new batteries, too.

The restaurant is north of Dr. K's., so less than 30 min to airport from there. I'll try to come asap after work!

Try increasing your calorie intake to 1000, your body may be going into starvation mode and holding on to all the fat. If you cant eat more try to get it in protien shakes.

I agree with the problem of starvation mode. I stalled for over a month because I wasn't eating enough.

Oh, one more thing. This sipping Water thing between meals: I can't get nearly the water I had before. I am not a sipper. Can we just drink water in between meals like a normal person if we aren't grazing? I eat 2-3 meals a day. Might have one snack: sugarfree Jello, sf pudding, sf popsicle..something like that. I prefer drinking water to eating that stuff, so as long as I have stopped drinking 30 minutes before a meal, can I DRINK water? Anyone wanna check in on this.

You can drink as normal between meals. I actually drink up until my first bite and then I wait an hour after my last bite. I drink normally between meals. I have always kept my band loose because I don't want to have problems with drinking water, eating veggies and other healthy things.

I agee with upping your calories. Mixing it up a little like Brandy does. I do the same thing. If you're shy on Protein at the end of your day, you can introduce a Protein Shake or two, but it's always best to consume your protein in solid form. It sounds to me, like you're not eating much at all!

Any advice?

The place is off of Alameda and 225. It's not far from Dr. K's office and I always go there after my fill. They have the best soup! Does anyone else know what time they close? I'll PM you my cell number and you can call me for directions. If you just get back on 225, it's a pretty straight shot to the airport. I'm terrible, but I don't remember what time your flight gets in that day. Are you coming alone?

Brandy! I'm glad you're feeling better! Take care of yourself Missy!!

Lifesaver! Are we on for BFL to start on the 17th? I know I'll have no problem with the eating part of it... but I was wondering if you might be interested in meeting me at Lifetime Fitness - you could get in with my guest pass - to show me some of the weight lifting work outs?

good morning ladies! wow, what a great little bit of discussion - mastectomies, full diapers, truck stops - OH MY! :cool2:

my question is - what kinda mobility did you have 48hrs after surgery? i'm having my surgery at 10am on a wednesday, and flying out at 11am on a friday. am i going to be able to navigate through an airport with ease, or is it going to be the most torturous thing i've ever done? i've heard day 3 seems to be the worst post-op, so i'm hoping day 2 isn't that bad! thank goodness i was told to take first class flights back home - it's costing an extra $600 but i think i'll be much more comfortable that way.

jamie - I had surgery Tues. morn and flew home to Alaska (on coach) Thurs evening...did just fine. 3 days later my husband had to leave for work and I was left alone with the kids (ages 1,4,7) for a week. I did just fine with that too...you'll do great!:biggrin:

Hey Mini! I have become quite the "lurker", by the time I get caught up on all the posts, I either don't have time to post or I can't remember who and what I was going to post about!!! So, I am still around just incognito, did I spell that right???...oh well, you know what I mean!! Sneaky pants, that's me!

Deb~I will try to make it to the Great Atlanta bread CO after work, hopefully I won't get off too late! I wish you could bring your Tucker with ya'! oh, yeah I drink Water all the time, I chug it most of the time. The last time I was in to see Dr. K, he said that he wanted me to be able to chug water, I don't have a problem with it.

Dee & life~your starting BFL on the 17th? I'm going to try to get the book and start with you, maybe I'll check into it today after work. I need SOMETHING to get this weight moving again! I'm thinking about dropping my gym membership and joining the rec center. They have a lot more options as far as classes go, plus a pool, hot tub, sauna, etc. AND I think it would be just slightly more than what I am paying now???

Hey Denver! How were those eggs? yummm...I remember being terrified to start eating, but once I started I was fine. You go back to work tomorrow? My son is there today visiting. Thanks again for the tip about getting a size bigger on the t-shirt, he was able to wear the shirt I got him because it was bigger, that made me feel soooo good! I sent a poster full of postive affirmations with my son today and asked him to see if the nurses would allow him to hang it on the ceiling so he can read it over and over!

Hey Denise, I should try and find that list again about what we have lost in comparison to, that was a pretty fun list. I always think about Dee's comment about "how many human heads have you lost?"...LOL

Brandy~I think you should call Dr. K, I am curious as to what the heck that was all about? Hope you are feeling better.

Hey Miss Marcy! Hows life in AK? You made me crave some juicy Blueberries...they looked amazingly delicious, and your daughter is such a cutie!

gotta run!

Cheers!