Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mal/DynamoMini/Lap-dancer!!

How are you all doing. I have not been on in a long time and realize I miss you all and your support! I need to go back and read what has been happening in everyones lives! :wink2:

Hi Angie!!!

Wow, you are doing great! you are sooo close to your goal, way to go! We miss you around here too!

Mal: thanks so much for your response. I already ordered the book. I can read it while I am on the plane and recovering in Denver. Thanks again. Well, tomorrow I have my phone consultation with Dr. K. How long does that usually take?

Mine took about 40 minutes -- after Dr. K walked me through the PDF I asked a lot of questions (I got many good ideas for questions to ask from this forum).

Mal: thanks so much for your response. I already ordered the book. I can read it while I am on the plane and recovering in Denver. Thanks again. Well, tomorrow I have my phone consultation with Dr. K. How long does that usually take?

I wish that I had known about the lower profile port. I think that I would have done that! Mine sticks out even now, and I still have 50 pounds to go!

Well, like I said, I don't know if that's true or not. Hey, fatwidow, maybe you can ask Dr. K when you talk to him. :frown:

I wish that I had known about the lower profile port. I think that I would have done that! Mine sticks out even now, and I still have 50 pounds to go!

Okay MOMMIESSSS here we go......... ( HOOTERS SHOT )

My hair isn't the best but here is a before: April 16, 2007 and today, January 23, 2008

April041-3.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

and will ya check out my AZZ !! OMG that's BACK behind me under that velour.

Got to get a full body shot to post up here. I'm just glad to see my neck again!!

Lap_dancer!

You little sexy lady! Hooters shot for sure! :frown: (I'm jealous!)

One Hot Mama!

Very nice!

And I think you're just looking beautiful!

I can't wait til I have a neck!

widow~Let me know what yo think of the book. I still use it, I keep it handy. I also go on his site and lurke around there. About the coffee, I have about a half cup in the morning, I add my Fiber to it. I hope it's okay that we have it?? I'll be thinkin about you today, ask all the questions you need, Dr. K is awesome, he will answer each of them kindly!

Lap~WOW! I am blown away my firend!!! It looks like you need to update your ticker...how much have you lost? I am impressed and very proud of you!

Woofay~didn't you get a gift cert for the gym for Christmas from your mother? did you do it?...come on you can do it! you will be suprised at how much you will enjoy it! Go on...

Dynamo~let us know how it goes today...a fill an unfill or a pep talk, wish I was going in with you to get a fill, can yo bring me one???LOL

Tied~...OMG less than a wekk??? How's the pre op diet going? I am thinking you are crazy nervous and crazy excited. Did you say that you were staying overnight?

Fatwidow--

No self-doubt, STOP IT! I believe we all doubt ourselves and the closer it gets to our surgery date the harder we are on ourselves. In our over active minds we truly believe we are just going to fail again. We start questioning ourselves and wonder if we will make it – will we be successful?....BUT!!! <-- yep there is a BUT! We DO make it! I started off doubting everything, I was worrying over spending the money and all the ‘what if's’. Then after the surgery I was slow to lose. It seemed as if everyone else was losing but me...... then I was just confirming all my doubts that I was the one who wasn't going to lose and that the lapband would not work for me. :) Well here I am now 55 lbs down and only :) 17 lbs until goal! I was a slow loser and remained a slow loser even working out since about my 3rd month, three times a week, but all the sudden one day I looked in the mirror and realized that I was half my original size and all the -1 and -1.5 lbs did add up! :tt1:I am 9 months and 4 fills since surgery. I love my band and it keeps me in-line. I still want to eat (head-hunger) but my band just won’t let it happen. I am slowly working on my mental self which is how I got to be large to begin with. Dr K is great and will give you a fill whenever you think you need it. He worked with me each time to make sure I felt good. So no doubting yourself……. Once it is all over you will have no regrets! :frown:

Lap~ holy schmokes chicka... you look FANTASTIC! You need to add that last photo into your profile. Vaa vaa vaa voom.

Widow~ Ask DrK about that port thing. I think that is hogwash. I doubt that he would put our port somewhere else and charge us more?? Seems ridiculous. I would be peeved if I found out I had to pay to move my port in the future.

I went with MissMona yesterday for her first fill. She went to a surgeon up in Flagstaff who does it under Fluoro. He was so young and yummy! lol I was VERY VERY impressed with his office staff and the program there. Even though it will be a 4 hour drive for me, I think I am going to join his program and do my aftercare with him. It just does not make sense to fly back and forth to Colorado. Plus I really like the idea that all my fills would be done under Flouro.

I also got weighed yesterday while there and found out I lost another 6 pounds since I was weighed at Dr K's office on Friday. :) Right now I am more focusing on healing, but was thrilled to see that. I am sure I will gain some back once I get to mushies!

Speaking of which, still not there, but I am on full liquids now and have been eating baby food and today I had oatmeal for breakfast! It was like heaven in a bowl. Yumm yumm. I also pulled off my surgery dressings and my incisions are doing great! I even slept on my tummy last night! YEAH! :frown:

Here are a few pictures... Mona and I, Mona and our new hotty fill surgeon, and my scars one week out.

Lap_dancer :) you rock!! I love your pics they are so dramatic!!

The low profile port is a port with a flatter coned area and most surgeons will change your port to this if requested when you are near or at your goal weight. It is harder to access for fills especially when just banded, so they use the higher profile one for most people. I plan on waiting til I am at goal weight for one year and then if I need a Tummy Tuck I will have them change the port at that time (they reposition the port when the remove the excess skin anyway) :frown: