Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi and Welcome, Marilyn! I can't believe you read the whole thing either...very nice! Its a long one! So, are you local, or are you traveling from far away lands like MarcyinAk and Lap Dancer? I personally am local and have done well with the whole process. I seem to get in fairly quickly for my fills. I'm happy with it. It's just getting to that place I need to be with the fills...hee hee! Fill 'er up on Tuesday! How long have you been interested in getting a lap band? This website was a true life saver for me! It helped me find a surgeon, gave me courage to get it done (I swear, I think the people here actually "held" my hand the day of surgery!), and continues to give me strength every day!

Again, welcome! :whoo:

Thanks for all the support! I'm looking forward to just GETTING to Denver! I'm in Fairbanks now with my sister, we leave here tomorrow night. Man, I LOVE fast internet! Reading these pages takes mere minutes now! Ahhhh, technology! Gotta love it!

As for Dr. K not accepting insurance....there's nothing in the rule book that says that you cannot, by yourself, obtain pre-authorization...heck, you can write the letter of necessity yourself and have the doc sign it! Then, pay for it yourself (with a mileage credit card - MY way of doing things) and get reimbursement from the insurance company. It's a longer and more tedious process, but doesn't going through all that compound the fact that you're serious about this?

Ahoy all!!

Welcome home Dynamo, sorry bout your knee! I have done that before! It is so darn hard to keep your balance on that rocky terrain!

Woofay~I'll need to print some pix too, I am so good at taking pictures, not so good at printing them, I must have like 300 pictures in my mem card!

Marcy~see ya soon!

Lapdancer~Thanks for the info!

Marilyn~WELCOME!!

So, I think my fill is working really good, I just haven't been hungry the last couple days. I just filled out my fitday and i am actually short on cals and Proteins? ? Soooo not like me...I'm kinda diggin it!

Mal! That is sooo kewl that you are having good restriction. I'm so jealous! I can't imagine not really feeling hungry. Isn't it neat when you are filling out your kcal stuff that you realize you haven't even used all the foods that you are allowed? So awsome. You'll have to let us know how the scale responds. Hopefully it gives you the numbers you are looking for...like lower and lower every week! :clap2: Maybe I should let him fill it until its uncomfortable and then back off. You're the only one of the newbies that has some satisfaction with their band right now. (all except for the cat hack!):)

Make sure you get some of your pictures done! King Soopers has a special that if you spend 25 bucks in one trip (like it's possible not to) you get your prints for 10 cents a piece. It's cheaper than Snapfish or printing them yourself. Can't wait to see you!

That's Robin - billing, long grey black hair. I think she's the office manager. I have never met Mary, nor have I talked with her. Whenever she answers the phone, I ask to speak to Marilyn.

I did get an itemized receipt of sorts, 'cause I asked for one. If you call Robin and ask her, she should be able to send you one.

Hi All!

Yes, Dr. K will be reattaching my port on 7/23/07. My sis is flying out with me. I can't wait to get this fixed and get back on the band wagon!

I've been doing well otherwise. I've been back to work since January and still like my job, so that's good. :)

My daughter keeps me busy. She's just a toddler full of energy!

My husband and will be closing on a 'lil piece of land on Tuesday. It's on a hill with a beautiful view of the river valley. We're very excited. We won't be building on it for about a year or so, but we're happy we at least have the land. It only took us about 3.5 years to decide on a lot... geesh!

Thanks Shesha, I'll be sure to call and ask for one, I will need it for my taxes!! So, how ya' doin? Aren't you coming out soon?

Woofay~I hope that it is restriction that I have and not FEAR of the stuck feeling. Maybe it wasn't a PB that I had, I didn't bring anything up but slime, the worst thing was the ball in my throat/chest kind of feeling??? is that a PB or being stuck?...Or is there a difference???

I hope the scale shows something! I have been working out and watching what I eat. I guess I misread Paula's sheet, I was drinking a Protein Shake between meals AND one before bed???... and my carbs!!! they were outta this world! Must cut back on the carbs! Even the fat free wheat tortilla has like 14 grams of carbs? forget about the fruits and veggies, I hardly get any of those in?!? I do take a liquid Acai berry supplement with my Calcium and multi Vitamin, I hope that takes care of my fruits.

WHEW...this is a JOB!!!

Thanks Dynamo, I picked up some Benefiber today!

I LOVE the crystal light packets that you mix with bottled water!...done with plain water!

sorry Shesha, we were writing at the same time!

Congrats on the land!! Are you in Virginia?

Hi Everyone -

Shesha - wow! what a fanatastic place to build a home. Greens and blues

Mal - thanks for the sympathy, it's my ankle by the way, I have been working on balance because of this problem and I think that work avoided my falling onto my knees.

Lap Dancer - yeah really cool story, yuck. We'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Glad you found an alternative fill doc. Hugs.

Woofay - I am so excited about my fill too. I think I'll say, "git 'r dun" this time, last time, I think Dr. K maybe missed my port, we had to get a longer needle when I sat up on the bed, the shorter one popped out. So we had to do the whole thing over. I am readdy to fill up.

Marilyn - welcome, we share the same birth year. The LapBand is a great tool, though not the only answer. Your husband is right that you will have to confront all the emotions behind the eating, it is a rather painful process, but wonderful self-discovery.

Marcy - best wishes on your lap procedure, I hope you are able to meet at the Red Robin so we can really connect with our northern neighbor. I can't imagine hand feeding little chicks. You are really our pioneer.

Hugs all, I am going to a five year old's BD party up in Breckenridge tomorrow. My niece doesn't want to be a princess, she is having Spiderman as her theme.

Hugs.

<p>I haven't been looking at lapband that long. I didn't even know about it til several months ago. I have a friend who had a gastric bypass and has lost over 100#s in 9 months, but I knew that wasn't for me. My BMI isn't that high in comparison.</p> <p> </p> <p>I have a friend who was very upset after going to a seminar in El Paso, Texas, because they told her that she didn't qualify for the surgery. Her BMI is pretty low, about 32, but she is gaining fast and wanted to stop the gain before she was at 40. She called me when she was so upset at being rejected, and I began researching the lapband on the internet. Like most of you, I have read everything I can get my hands on. Talked to my doctor and got the OK, but I am with Kaiser, and my BMI is not high enough for them, I'm betting. As I have waited and waited to be contacted, I did more research and was ready to go to Mexico. Then a yahoo search turned up Dr. K. I live in Centennial, so that is so much better for me. For several weeks, I switched back and forth, yes, no, whatever. I know I can't loose this 80#s on my own, so I read all day on the lapbandtalk site. I am now convinced that I am ready, willing and able to get this done this summer. I am not planning on telling anyone but immediate family, because after reading lots of the posts, I realize that friends can put a lot of pressure on you and watch what you do or don't eat etc. I don't need more pressure, I just need some control help. The truth that several of you spoke about this only being a tool was SO GOOD!!!!!! I needed to put that on my mirror and say it daily. I am so looking forward to getting to know you all and being on the other side. Thanks for listening. This will probably be my longest post, as I really dislike writing </p> <p> </p> <p>Marilyn</p>

DynamoMini, does the lapband help you deal with the emotional eating at all. Is it worth doing before I know all the emotions etc.

Marilyn

If you click on my photo, it takes you to my photobucket show of April, May, June and July.

Look at my face!!!