Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Tater Bug - I am getting so excited about the surgery. Good luck with preop. I am starting mine on the 4th. I have to get through Passover (big cooking and eating holiday) first. Next year, someone else can make the dinner. I think everyone around us gets really nervous about the upcoming surgery. My mom is a trip anyway, I think I will ban her from the surgery center. She can give me chicken Soup afterward. I'm on the countdown too.

Hey Dynamo!

How was your trip? I found that Walmart (or at least the one in Longmont) had South Beach Diet bars for $2.00 a box. Oh.. they are the "high Protein chereal bars". the Peanut Butter is so yummy!

I spent this last weekend totally cleaning and setting up my kitchen.. I made a sepreate cabinet of food and stuff that I can til I get the the muschie stage.. that way I wont have to see all the snack foods my daguther has.

Times' a Ticken'!

TaterBug -

You are so right to take care of yourself. You are honoring the new you!

The trip was wonderful, the ocean glorious and the weather perfect. I walked on the beach every day, got a little color, did pretty well with my mom because my cousin and aunt are supportive. So now down to business. I just have to get through tonight then I will do the stocking the shelf thing too. My son (19) eats lots of junk, but he can keep it outside in the garage frig. I figure I'll just eat lots of Soups during the clear stage and I hope the smoothies I ordered come this week.

Well, glad to hear about the south beach bars. I will look for them here.

Michelle

How ya doing DrewsLou?

Did Paula ever get back to you, wasn't she going to see if you could help you? Cause.. of the amount of activity and all with roller derby? Or am I confused, which is a very good possiblity.

I just wanted to say hi everybody. I haven't really had much time to be oni here lately. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well!!

A couple of weeks ago, I finally found a doctor here (Dr. Enoch) to handle my aftercare. Tomorrow was supposed to be my first fill (which would have been exactly 6 wks to my day or surgery), but the office called me Friday and said they would not be able to do the fill and that it will be a regular visit. I am a little disappointed, but hopefully they will be able to get me in quickly.

I am soooooo ready for a fill. I am nervous, but I am often worried that I am eating too much. I am really trying to watch what I eat. I still feel restriction somtimes. Everyday and meal seem different. Just taking it one day at a time.

Glad to see the thread is still going strong!!

Dynamo... good luck with tonight I am sure that it will go smoothly! and when you do go to making a cabinet for youself.. beware.. if your house is like mine I found a ton of stuff that I did not know that I had.. took a lot to school for a food drive. :hungry:

Skyeblu... keep your chin up.. congrats on finding a local doc! You are doing very well!! 19.6 lbs !!!:clap2:

hey Skye!

I am glad to see you are still around. And doing well with the weightloss I might add. Awesome!

I just wanted to say hi everybody. I haven't really had much time to be oni here lately. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well!!

A couple of weeks ago, I finally found a doctor here (Dr. Enoch) to handle my aftercare. Tomorrow was supposed to be my first fill (which would have been exactly 6 wks to my day or surgery), but the office called me Friday and said they would not be able to do the fill and that it will be a regular visit. I am a little disappointed, but hopefully they will be able to get me in quickly.

I am soooooo ready for a fill. I am nervous, but I am often worried that I am eating too much. I am really trying to watch what I eat. I still feel restriction somtimes. Everyday and meal seem different. Just taking it one day at a time.

Glad to see the thread is still going strong!!

Hey, Tater and everyone.

I'm getting excited too...maybe a little too excited. I tend to suffer anxiety :nervous which I take something for. I went to bed with heart palpitations last night (which I haven't had for years) and woke up at 4am with a panick attack. Rats. I'm not having doubts and I really want this done. Did this procedure start getting to anyone else this way too? Maybe it seems a little more real now because my loan went through yesterday to actually pay for this. :clap2:

I found a place in the Springs that will order the IDS Liquid Protein vials for me (I don't have to get 12 of each or pay shipping!) and he has a lot of other really good Proteins and ideas to help out with deficiencies.

10 more days and it's really going fast. Wish I wasn't such a nervous nelly. Sorry to spaz on you guys, but thanks for listening!

Hi all,

A couple of questions for my fellow Dr. K bandsters. How many of us have a 10cc band? I did not know what kind of band I had until I got my surgery notes. When I called Dr. K about a pain issue, I asked him about my band and he said that size is easy to work with. Also, those of us that have a 10 cc band, how much was your first fill? I go for my first fill on April 19 and was just wondering about it. When I called to make my appointment, Marilyn told me that they would do my fill, then they want me to go eat and see if I can handle the fill before I leave town. Thanks for your input!

Hello Friends!

Closer we get! Woo HOO.

@Woofay- I am the panic Queen but therapy helped. I learned about "Rational Emotive Therapy". Look it up on Wikipedia. My panic attacks were not well controled but they are much better. Try not to schedule any events, relax more as in secret yourself off to your room, let the family get take-out, try to pamper yourself some.

I've taken off from work (without pay) a few days a week because mobility is such a problem and I'm so done with pain. I can't take any pain pills because I'm detoxing my liver. That's going real well so far. Need to change my start weight. I was bigger!

Woo Hoo girls. Almost there.

Hi Machale, I have the 10cm/5cc band, I don't get my 1st fill until April 16th. Is your band the VG 11cm band? All I know is this band is wide open, I can eat anything:eek: I have a long 2 weeks ahead of me! Sunnysea

Hey Woofay... I haven't had panic attacks, but I am so 'edgey' and skiddish/jumpy. The only thing that I can think of that is causing this is the up coming surgery. My excited feeling along with my nervous feeling are climbing as the day comes closer. I know that all will be fine... but.. BUT.. I think its the BUT that makes us nervous. As well as.. the life after. We are starting on a trip and right now, we are standing looking down the road we are about to go on but haven't put our foot out to actually get moving. All the questions that we know we have are running around in our heads and I think that there must be some questions/concerns/worries that are in the mix that we might not even be aware of. Hence.. the moods, panic attacks, etc. I'm right there with ya Woo! One day at a time and soon.. we will be on our 'trip'.

I have 12 days until surgery and it is all I think about. I just started my preop diet, I'm lining up people to stay with me if I need it. It is constantly on my mind. I am not sure how constructive this focus is, but it seems to be what I am doing.:omg:

I understand everyone's jitters. I take meds for anxiety so I hope they are enough. I am trying to sort out issues with my mom. Since I told her about the surgery she has found a million ways to talk about my weight even though I made a boundary around it. Now, even though she changed reservations to go to Seattle, I want her to stay away from me. I want this venture to be mine and pure from poisonous sabotage and thinking. But she's my mom. At first I just wanted her to stay away forever, but this won't work so I think I will ask she stay away until I invite her in, then with the strict rules that she can't talk about my weight or diet. When she talks, I hurt. I am hoping to change the way I deal with this, but feel very vulnerable today, with surgery looming.

:clap2: On the other side, I am excited about moving forward. I want the changes I am inviting into my life. At 57, I think this is the perfect time to get the lifestyle I want.

Best wishes to you, write and share your jitters, I think it helps to type them out and see the emotions as only two dimensional.

How ya doing DrewsLou?

Did Paula ever get back to you, wasn't she going to see if you could help you? Cause.. of the amount of activity and all with roller derby? Or am I confused, which is a very good possiblity.

Thanks for asking Tater! I am doing good. Not losing anything but going down in sizes. Weird! I have an appointment for an unfill tomorrow morning but I think I am going to cancel it. My restriction has lessened up quite a bit the past few days and I am able to eat better for me foods. We will see how it goes.

I was supposed to track all my food for 2 weeks and call Paula this week but I honestly haven't been tracking. Life got away from me I guess!

For now I think I am just going to hang tough and keep on keepin' on and see what happens. I'm in no hurry!

I MIGHT make it to the support group next week... anyone else??

@ Mini - Good job of realizing your parameters with Mom and setting some boundaries. Sometimes that needs to happen. I'm jittery but in a I can't wait kind of way. I'm excited and nervous and happy all in one.

@Woofay - Hope you're hanging in there! Light candles, think good thoughts of what will be.

@ Taterbug: These words from you: We are starting on a trip and right now, we are standing looking down the road we are about to go on but haven't put our foot out to actually get moving. All the questions that we know we have are running around in our heads and I think that there must be some questions/concerns/worries that are in the mix that we might not even be aware of. Hence.. the moods, panic attacks, etc. I'm right there with ya Woo! One day at a time and soon.. we will be on our 'trip'.

are so inspirational! Thanks for that analogy. It does remind me of a journey. Like we're all on a bus and we're stopping at the lines and picking up each passenger with a destination known.

@ Drewslou: I love the idea of losing sizes! As long as you can feel it, the rest will come along.