Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Sunny - I haven't attended the support meetings but I imagine I will find out about them tomorrow when I meet with Paula. I am getting psyched. Keep up the good work and let me know when you'll be in town.

Hi Everyone, Well it's 1 week tomorrow! Thank you Mark for the info about Protein Shakes and Thank You to everyone here for your inspiration, kind words, and support:) I am so Dammed glad:D I have my band, ofcourse now I've been reading more of the complication forums:faint: I'm a natural worry wart. I just wonder if most of you feel a tightness in the chest when you breath in? I go back to work on Thursday + I work at Walgreens in cosmetics and actually do alot of running around in a 8hr shift. Atleast it is some exercise, I still poop out fast and my stomach is distended alot. This early banding is weird, I have to get this straight in my head, some things I can have now like soft mushy foods will be the oppisite of what I will need to consume after a fill. Ofcourse everytime I get a fill I will be back to liquids for a few days. If Paula wants us to sip these Protein shakes 3 times a day, when do we have time to drink other fluids? At work I will have to use my 15 min. breaks to get the pr. shakes in and I will have to remember to go to the stock room + time clock area to drink my Water. I already talked to my manager about this, but no drinks on the sales floor. I always have a ton of work to do and or customers so I am really going to have to work at keeping hydrated. Oh there I go again worrying, but I am So So Happy I have this band! Talk to you later, Sunnysea

I experienced that tightness in my chest when I was taking deep breathes after surgery too..Eventually it just went away. I would say sometime during week 2. I had problems with shortness of breathe and that went away too.

I can understand the no drinks on the sales floor isn't helping at all...Does she understand it's for medical purposes? Maybe it would help getting a doctor's note. One of my coworkers was telling me that her old job made her bring a doctor's note b/c she kept getting up to go to the bathroom when she was pregnant.:faint:

Good luck with that!!!:o

Let me know what support group meeting (the date) you will be making and I will be sure to make it! I have only attended one meeting in my 10 months being banded and was very suprised at the things I heard, it was an eye-opening experience for me!

Hello to everyone, its been a couple of weeks since i have posted anything, but have been doing some reading of all the post, congrats to sunnysea, I'm going to have my surgery the 21 of this month and i am starting to get nervous. Just wondering if any of you felt mixed emotions about getting the band. I totally feel this is right for me and that i finally will have success, but I have been feeling like I failed because I couldn't control my weight and its gotten to this point that I am spending my last dime to have this done. I am not used to spending money on myself. With having 2 small kids any extra money goes for them. I also wanted to ask Dynomini about what me and my sister can do the time we are in Denver. We fly in on the 20th and go home the 23rd.but since my sister is coming with me for support I want to take her some where fun the night before my surgery. Any Ideas since you have lived there so long. And to those of you who are already banded is the first week as hard as it seeems?

Hello to everyone, its been a couple of weeks since i have posted anything, but have been doing some reading of all the post, congrats to sunnysea, I'm going to have my surgery the 21 of this month and i am starting to get nervous. Just wondering if any of you felt mixed emotions about getting the band. I totally feel this is right for me and that i finally will have success, but I have been feeling like I failed because I couldn't control my weight and its gotten to this point that I am spending my last dime to have this done. I am not used to spending money on myself. With having 2 small kids any extra money goes for them. I also wanted to ask Dynomini about what me and my sister can do the time we are in Denver. We fly in on the 20th and go home the 23rd.but since my sister is coming with me for support I want to take her some where fun the night before my surgery. Any Ideas since you have lived there so long. And to those of you who are already banded is the first week as hard as it seeems?

:welcome:

I COMPLETELY understand your feelings! I felt like I was being selfish in spending this much money on myself when there were other things to be taken care of financially. But now, 10 months out and 72 pounds lighter I KNOW I made the right choice.

I am also in Denver. Walking the 16th Street Mall will be great for you after surgery... hopefully the weather is nice while your here. As far as the night before surgery, what kinds of things do you like to do?

Good luck to you and keep up with us so we know how you are doing!

Thanks Drewslou!!

Its good to to that I am not the only one.

Me and my sister would be up for anything I feel since we are only going to be there for such a short time I want her to have one night to remember.

:biggrin1:

There are some AMAZING restraunts around and some great clubs if that's your thing. There are also museums and stuff. Too bad you won't be here on the 9th... you could come to my roller derby bout.... a guaranteed good time!

Hi Chula -

I think the 16th Street Mall is a wonderful idea. There are plays at the Denver Center for the Perfomring Arts, Comedy Works, and restaurants on the mall. I'm not up on clubs, DrewsLou might know more about those. Where are you coming from? What do you like to eat? Will you rent a car? Where are you staying? If it is out in Aurora, then it is a ride into downtown. We now have a light rail system that can take you from Parker Road and I225 into town. Good luck.

DrewsLou -

I found out that I missed the support group meeting last night. The next one will be April 10th at 6:30. Unfortunately, it is the same night I have mah jong, so I may miss it and opt for the next one in May. I'm sure the groups will be helpful. My meeting with Paula was informative. What type of Liquid Protein do you use?

Dynamo.... I don't generally use much liquid Protein. I get most of my Protein in with solids in my regular diet. If I am feeling a little run down and tired I supplement with EAS Carb Advantage shakes. They have like 20 grams of protein I think. I never have had any problems with losing my hair and stuff like I have read other people having and I attribute this to eating my protein first.. chicken, beef, Beans... ect.

Try not to get too hung up on the protein thing. I freaked out about it at first and went out and blew a ton of money on different shakes and powders to find I didn't really like any of them anyway. One good thing I found, if you can stomach it, is Isopure Protein drinks. You can get them at GNC and they are clear so they work great for the first week or so after surgery. One bottle has 40 grams I think.

We will have to meet up at a support group meeting or something sometime! I haven't met many bandsters in real life!!

Hi Chula -

I think the 16th Street Mall is a wonderful idea. There are plays at the Denver Center for the Perfomring Arts, Comedy Works, and restaurants on the mall. I'm not up on clubs, DrewsLou might know more about those. Where are you coming from? What do you like to eat? Will you rent a car? Where are you staying? If it is out in Aurora, then it is a ride into downtown. We now have a light rail system that can take you from Parker Road and I225 into town. Good luck.

Yes we are renting a car, and we are staying at the Best Western that is Aurora I think it is very close to Dr. K's office. Well right now I pretty much like to eat every thing thats why I a, getting Banded.:nervous HA HA. But since I will be on my pre-op diet of high Protein and low carb maybe a good steak house or some place that has really good salads.:hungry:

DrewsLou -

Yep, I hope to see you in May, then I'll be a month post op. Thanks for the Protein info. I am really being silly about it, but I want to get my body ready for surgery as I have had healing problems.

Keep on skating you rascal,

Yes we are renting a car, and we are staying at the Best Western that is Aurora I think it is very close to Dr. K's office. Well right now I pretty much like to eat every thing thats why I a, getting Banded.:nervous HA HA. But since I will be on my pre-op diet of high Protein and low carb maybe a good steak house or some place that has really good salads.:hungry:

OH!! Try Rodizio's! www.rodiziogrill.com It's a Brazilian steak house that is to DIE for!!

It's downtown by Union Station. The address should be in the link.

Hi all,

I am down to 1 week left. Marilyn called today to tell me I was scheduled at 1pm next Friday! I'm kinda, sorta nervous, but really ready to get this over with! I found an awesome find today while out shopping for Protein drinks. GNC carries "Muscle Milk" in a mocha java flavor! AHHHH a way to get my coffee fix!!

I started my pre-op diet on Sunday and when I weighed in at the PCP office today, I was down 14 pounds since the last time I was there (which was about 3 weeks ago)!! :rockon: Have a great weekend!

Machele -

Wow! you are doing great. I get into this last hurrah thinking, which is soooooooo counter productive. I hope you have an easy surgery. Where are you from? Denver area?

Best wishes,