Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I posted some new pics, including side views. They're kinda' gross. Oh well.

Plastic Surgery Pictures, Videos, Photos, Pics, Before, After, Cosmetic Surgery

password: goobgone

Thanks so much for sharing your photos, mini. I really appreciate it. Are you in much pain?

Thanks so much for sharing your photos, mini. I really appreciate it. Are you in much pain?

Thanks so much for the clothes! I love 'em! You have great taste!

I'm really not in much pain . . .it's more like just really uncomfortable. It's really tight, so when I try to stand up straight everything just kind of pulls. And the binder and drains are a pain in the butt.

However, I took off the binder for a few minutes last night and tried on kind of a tight t-shirt to see how I looked and it was an amazing difference. I would say that I look like I've lost about 10-15 lbs. It's amazing!!

So here I am...

I've got the dreaded Pig Flu! I can't remember ever feeling this sick! EVER!!! I tried to eat some cottage cheese this morning and it got stuck! FAST! I haven't had a fill since December and yet, here I am stuck! This is my first illness with the Lapband and I guess, I should have remembered other people's posts about being tighter during illnesses. :blushing:

The Tamiflu they gave me makes me so hot and sweaty! AND dizzy! :biggrin:

I'll be hanging out at home for the next week! I just wanted to vent a bit here!

Thanks!!

d~

So here I am...

I've got the dreaded Pig Flu! I can't remember ever feeling this sick! EVER!!! I tried to eat some cottage cheese this morning and it got stuck! FAST! I haven't had a fill since December and yet, here I am stuck! This is my first illness with the Lapband and I guess, I should have remembered other people's posts about being tighter during illnesses. :blushing:

The Tamiflu they gave me makes me so hot and sweaty! AND dizzy! :biggrin:

I'll be hanging out at home for the next week! I just wanted to vent a bit here!

Thanks!!

d~

Oh, no! I was wondering how you were doing. Poor miss dee. Can you drink some hot Soup or tea and get that cottage cheese down? Are you taking ibuprofen? I wish I were closer . . . .I would come play nurse.

Oh, no! I was wondering how you were doing. Poor miss dee. Can you drink some hot Soup or tea and get that cottage cheese down? Are you taking ibuprofen? I wish I were closer . . . .I would come play nurse.

I made myself some tea with honey and lemon and I feel better. I'm going to stick with Protein Drinks now. I took some liquid adult strength tylenol for my fever last night. It was late and I wasn't feeling so well! This morning I realized it expired 6/09. ARGH!!!

My ex called, he's in ABQ at the Walmart and asked if I needed anything. He wanted to send me some tea and Soups and anything I needed. He said he'd send them next day - delivered to my door. I have to admit, he always comes through for me. Everytime. It sucks that he's my ex. He always thinks of those little things that matter that most men never consider.

Oh well. Life goes on.

I'm going to go and drink the rest of my tea!

Thank Mini-Girl!

How are you doing? Are you able to sleep in your bed now? How many days? Is it 10? Are the drains still in? How is the hematoma?

I made myself some tea with honey and lemon and I feel better. I'm going to stick with Protein drinks now. I took some liquid adult strength tylenol for my fever last night. It was late and I wasn't feeling so well! This morning I realized it expired 6/09. ARGH!!!

My ex called, he's in ABQ at the Walmart and asked if I needed anything. He wanted to send me some tea and Soups and anything I needed. He said he'd send them next day - delivered to my door. I have to admit, he always comes through for me. Everytime. It sucks that he's my ex. He always thinks of those little things that matter that most men never consider.

Oh well. Life goes on.

I'm going to go and drink the rest of my tea!

Thank Mini-Girl!

How are you doing? Are you able to sleep in your bed now? How many days? Is it 10? Are the drains still in? How is the hematoma?

Oh, I'm glad you're doing better.

Still in the recliner (the post-op directions say 2-3 weeks). And the drains come out Monday one way or the other. The PS says the risk of infection is just not worth it after 12 days or so. Unfortunately, I'm still draining about 50cc per day per drain, and the one on the left is still really dark red - I'm assuming from the hematoma. That side is still more swollen than the other but nothing like it was.

I posted a long, whiny post over in the plastic surgery thread. Bleh. I'm not liking this today. I'll post more pics when my drains are out Monday.

Well... for our first weigh in I managed to gain 1.8 :biggrin:. It's been TOM and I have not been as careful eating as I should. Just gives me more incentive for next week :blushing:

Snowgator -5 lbs

PartyAntOvrYt -25 lbs

laptastic -16 lbs

deboregon -10lbs

Kayleighsmommy -15 lbs/ +1.8

Coloradomom -25 lbs

Lap_dancer -8 lbs

minidriver -12 lbs

mem620 -15 lbs

Please let me know if I missed you on the list, and you would like to join this challenge.

<revised>

Snowgator -5 lbs

PartyAntOvrYt -25 lbs

laptastic -16 lbs

deboregon -10lbs

Coloradomom -15 lbs

Lap_dancer -8 lbs

minidriver -12 lbs

mem620 -15 lbs

G.... you changed to -15, right?

Well... for our first weigh in I managed to gain 1.8 :biggrin:. It's been TOM and I have not been as careful eating as I should. Just gives me more incentive for next week :blushing:

Snowgator -5 lbs

PartyAntOvrYt -25 lbs

laptastic -16 lbs

deboregon -10lbs

Coloradomom -25 lbs

Lap_dancer -8 lbs

minidriver -12 lbs

mem620 -15 lbs

Please let me know if I missed you on the list, and you would like to join this challenge.

I lost 4 llbs this week and in PMS hell + Pig Flu Nightmare! It's an ugly place here at my home!

<revised>

Snowgator -5 lbs

PartyAntOvrYt -25 lbs

laptastic -16 lbs

deboregon -10lbs

Coloradomom -15 lbs

Lap_dancer -8 lbs

minidriver -12 lbs

mem620 -15 lbs

G.... you changed to -15, right?

I wasn't sure when we were doing our weigh-ins, but I am down 1.4. Your 1.8 will come back off. You'll probably have a big week next week.

Dee-- I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Mini-- Lookin' good :blushing:

Snowgator -5 lbs

PartyAntOvrYt -25 lbs/ 4

laptastic -16 lbs

deboregon -10lbs

Coloradomom -25 lbs

Lap_dancer -8 lbs

minidriver -12 lbs/ -1.4

mem620 -15 lbs

I am not losing anything right now. They put me back on the pill and boom, Water weight and mood swings. That and I want to eat. Not hungry, can't stuff anything more in, but want to eat the side of a cow. I remember now why I don't miss those things. I hope I don't have to keep taking them.

Hopefully your H1N1 (or Heiney flu as one of our principals called it) won't last long. They aren't giving shots here until October at least as the resistance only lasts about six months.

Aren't recliners one of the best things ever invented? I wonder what people did before they were around. They are better than bed for being sick too. Keep the head up so you can breathe.

Hi I will be banded on 10/16/09 by Dr. kirshenbaum I am very excited he was awesome at the consult and am looking forward to starting my new life! Glad to see so many are happy with him.

Danyett, welcome! Nice to have another local on here to drag to Red Robin every month.

Julie, no change for me. Haven't gained, haven't lost. It was a crazy week here...homecoming week at the high school where I work, and I was in charge of the dance. So relieved it's over.