Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Checking in late (again) for the V-Day challenge. Please put me down for a -0.4lb.

Are you wanting to join our April 1st challenge?

Wow! That's a great idea Mini! So do you make them at night in your Slow Cooker? And you replace half the Water with a vanilla Protein Shake at that time? Do you add the dried fruit too?

I have started making two servings in the morning in my microwave. I ordered some McCann's quick cooking steel cut oats (yes, I know, it sounds like an oxymoron, but they really do make them!) and replace half the water in the recipe with my Protein shake. I don't add dried fruit cuz it really does a number on my blood sugar. Occasionally I will stir in a few blueberries though.

It has been working out really well. I love steel cut oats but was worried about my blood sugar. This is like the best of all worlds in the morning!!

I have started making two servings in the morning in my microwave. I ordered some McCann's quick cooking steel cut oats (yes, I know, it sounds like an oxymoron, but they really do make them!) and replace half the Water in the recipe with my Protein Shake. I don't add dried fruit cuz it really does a number on my blood sugar. Occasionally I will stir in a few blueberries though.

It has been working out really well. I love steel cut oats but was worried about my blood sugar. This is like the best of all worlds in the morning!!

Sounds Yummy! I'll try it! I do like the Atkins Vanilla!

I was just wondering if there might be anyone available to give me a ride from the airport to my fill and back on Thursday. Or maybe just one way if it's possible. My fill is at 2 so I wouldn't need a ride until 1 or so. my flight gets in at 10:15 but I don't want to make someone hang out with me for 4 hours lol!

And put me down for 12 lbs for the April Challenge.

Edited by lotzasunshine

So a lot has happened in the past few days. My Dad had his MRI on Wednesday and met with the radiologist on Friday. He pulled up my dad's mri on the computer and let my dad know the preliminary results. The cancer is not gone, in fact, it has spread. Apparently the interferon hasn't helped at all. He said that my dad's 95% chance of living for 5 years has dropped to about 25%. The free-floating parts of the cancer have attached to his adrenal gland, one of his lungs and now there is more in his brain. The ones in his brain are so deep in that there aren't many options besides using radiation on his whole brain and hoping that it helps. But that can have some pretty bad side effects. My dad is meeting with the Oncologist this Wednesday to get some definite timelines and treatment options. I am having a hard time trying to wrap my mind around this.

So a lot has happened in the past few days. My Dad had his MRI on Wednesday and met with the radiologist on Friday. He pulled up my dad's mri on the computer and let my dad know the preliminary results. The cancer is not gone, in fact, it has spread. Apparently the interferon hasn't helped at all. He said that my dad's 95% chance of living for 5 years has dropped to about 25%. The free-floating parts of the cancer have attached to his adrenal gland, one of his lungs and now there is more in his brain. The ones in his brain are so deep in that there aren't many options besides using radiation on his whole brain and hoping that it helps. But that can have some pretty bad side effects. My dad is meeting with the Oncologist this Wednesday to get some definite timelines and treatment options. I am having a hard time trying to wrap my mind around this.

Marie, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will be praying for you and your family.

Oh, Marie. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of positive energy your way . . . Do you think your Dad is up for more treatment? It sounds like it could be pretty bad with the brain involved. My husband's mom was just diagnosed last week with lung cancer and there's no way that she can deal with chemo and radiation (she's already dealt with cancer once). I think she is just planning to let it run its course . . .

So that was a really long way of saying that your Dad will probably have some pretty big decisions to make in the near future. He will need his family to support him, whatever those decisions may be. This has to be really hard for you . . . for ALL of you. Please let us know what the oncologist says and if there's anything we can do.

Hugs.

Oh, Marie. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of positive energy your way . . . Do you think your Dad is up for more treatment? It sounds like it could be pretty bad with the brain involved. My husband's mom was just diagnosed last week with lung cancer and there's no way that she can deal with chemo and radiation (she's already dealt with cancer once). I think she is just planning to let it run its course . . .

So that was a really long way of saying that your Dad will probably have some pretty big decisions to make in the near future. He will need his family to support him, whatever those decisions may be. This has to be really hard for you . . . for ALL of you. Please let us know what the oncologist says and if there's anything we can do.

Hugs.

The first thing he wanted to do when he heard the news was to find more aggressive treatments, so I know he wants to fight it. He is only 49 and has a lot of life ahead of him. I will keep you updated when I know what the oncologist says. I am sorry about your MIL. I don't know that if fighting it once I might make not the same decision too.

The first thing he wanted to do when he heard the news was to find more aggressive treatments, so I know he wants to fight it. He is only 49 and has a lot of life ahead of him. I will keep you updated when I know what the oncologist says. I am sorry about your MIL. I don't know that if fighting it once I might make not the same decision too.

Well, my MIL is really old and your dad is very young. I can certainly understand wanting to fight at his age.

How is your mom? This must be really tough for her.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :biggrin: You and I are similar in age, and so are our dads. I don't think I could handle it if this were my family's situation. Bless you for being so strong! My thoughts are with you, keep us updated!!! :rolleyes:

Well, my MIL is really old and your dad is very young. I can certainly understand wanting to fight at his age.

How is your mom? This must be really tough for her.

My Mom is very strong, and she hasn't been showing her emotions, especially when us kids are around. So I don't really know how she is handling it right now.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :biggrin: You and I are similar in age, and so are our dads. I don't think I could handle it if this were my family's situation. Bless you for being so strong! My thoughts are with you, keep us updated!!! :rolleyes:

Thank you!

Marie, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Maybe his youth will help him in this battle. sounds as if your mom is really going to need you and your sibs to step up so she can let her emotions out. Moms are sooo like that...strong for everyone else. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Thanks for the recipe, Dee! Sounds fantastic, can't wait to give it a try.