Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I'm going for a record!! Fastest Reply Ever Post-Surgery! :tongue2:

I'm doing fantastic!!! Pain is minimal, but I'm still going to stay on top of my pain meds because I am a WIMP! If it gets bad for even a second I'll be crying like a baby.

When they woke me from the sleepy-stuff I was in the middle of a very vivid dream, so when I realized where I actually was it scared me, so the first ten minutes were spent crying and nearly hyperventilating - just generally freaking out. But once that was over, it's been downhill ever since.

Surgery started probably around 10:15a or so and we just got back to the hotel. I haven't made my way to the bed yet - currently sitting up in the desk chair, hence the reason I'm posting.

I will say this - that grape popsicle I got an hour ago was quite possibly the best thing I've ever had in my life. :ihih: However, the three small bites of applesauce nearly made me vomit all over myself - so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try applesauce again.

I have so much to tell you all about surgery and just today in general, so I promise to spill it all a little later. I think I want to get a little more sleep now.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10 - I'm a 15. :smile2:

That popsicle was heaven, wasn't it??:wink5:

Congrats and welcome to the bench:tt2:

Never mind. They're still showing a tie in N.C. Obama is ahead by 20,000 votes or something.

msnbc.com mobile

They're still counting the provisional votes --I think there's about 50k of them. I can't wait til they call it!! But it's already a done deal anyway, just will feel good to see the Blue!

The BEST news in NC: we now are represented in the Senate by Kay Hagan!!!!!! For the first time in my adult life, Jesse Helms or his wannabe is not representing me in Washington. That's monumental for me.

The most touching moment for me in this whole thing: I stood in line for 2 hours at the library to early vote a few weeks ago. An very eldery African American man with oxygen and a walker, was struggling with each step to get through the exit after casting his vote. He had the biggest smile on his face. Will probably be his last election to vote. I'm so glad that I got to witness that.

Jaime, I'm glad you're doing well!:smile2:

msnbc.com mobile

They're still counting the provisional votes --I think there's about 50k of them. I can't wait til they call it!! But it's already a done deal anyway, just will feel good to see the Blue!

The BEST news in NC: we now are represented in the Senate by Kay Hagan!!!!!! For the first time in my adult life, Jesse Helms or his wannabe is not representing me in Washington. That's monumental for me.

The most touching moment for me in this whole thing: I stood in line for 2 hours at the library to early vote a few weeks ago. An very eldery African American man with oxygen and a walker, was struggling with each step to get through the exit after casting his vote. He had the biggest smile on his face. Will probably be his last election to vote. I'm so glad that I got to witness that.

Jaime, I'm glad you're doing well!:smile2:

Well, now you just made me cry again. Geez. I have been such a boob the past two days.

Our McNair program coordinator on campus is a 300+ lb African-American man and former Tennessee Titans football player. When I saw him yesterday afternoon he was very reserved about the election and didn't express much optimism or excitement. This morning, however, he sent out an email and said that he had spent this morning crying. He said he hadn't dared to believe that Obama could actually be elected and he hadn't wanted to get his hopes up. He talked about what this means to his nieces and nephews and their view of their place in America. It was awesome.

Yay for Kay Hagen and her "godless" supporters!!

Well, now you just made me cry again. Geez. I have been such a boob the past two days.

Our McNair program coordinator on campus is a 300+ lb African-American man and former Tennessee Titans football player. When I saw him yesterday afternoon he was very reserved about the election and didn't express much optimism or excitement. This morning, however, he sent out an email and said that he had spent this morning crying. He said he hadn't dared to believe that Obama could actually be elected and he hadn't wanted to get his hopes up. He talked about what this means to his nieces and nephews and their view of their place in America. It was awesome.

Yay for Kay Hagen and her "godless" supporters!!

I didn't know you'd hear about our NC commercials out there in UT!!!! I am convinced that Liddy Dole did not want to be re-elected -- she wanted to go on to Kansas with Bob, retire and quit feeling obligated to spend a few days in NC each year. She ran a half-as* campaign and then capped it off by insulting everyone with 2+ brain cells who happened to catch that commercial. That was the final nail in the coffin for Liddy.

I am having serious withdrawal from the process. I feel like I'm supposed to be working on the transition team or something. Or coming up with a good name for Sasha and Malia's new puppy. I hope they get a lab:wub:.

THANKS everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Still feeling fabulous. I'm so proud of myself - I haven't cried once! After a week of crying at the drop of a hat, for some reason I have managed to hold it together all day. Honestly, the only thing right now that bothers me is my nasal passages being extremely dry from the anesthesia tube.

Yes Deb, that popsicle was pure heaven. :wink5: Wanna know what was almost just as good??? The sugar-free Cherry lifesaver that I sucked on when I got back to the hotel. :tongue2:

So, this morning before we left the hotel, my mom went downstairs to get some coffee and a little Breakfast. She met a woman who is also staying at the hotel, and naturally they started chatting. When asked what brought us to CO, my mom told her that I was having surgery today. The lady said she was here with her mom, and that her mom was also having surgery! When asked if she would be at Parker hospital, she said yes...and as it turns out, this lady's mother was Dr. K's 12pm patient - I was at 10am. What a small world?! Now my mom has someone to hang out with, maybe go shopping or out to dinner with tomorrow. It's so wonderful.

The lady's mom, who is at least 60yrs, was doing well when I left the hospital. Unfortunately, not only did Dr. K find a really big hiatal hernia during surgery, but he found a tumor on her stomach that he also had to remove. :ihih: They were sending it off to the labs for testing. I'm so worried about her! Her daughter said Dr. K was optimistic about the tumor, so that's a very good thing. She also said her mom wasn't nearly prepared enough, and asked if she could pick my brain later about everything lap band related. Thank you LapBandTalk for schooling me so well about this surgery!! :smile2:

I didn't know you'd hear about our NC commercials out there in UT!!!! I am convinced that Liddy Dole did not want to be re-elected -- she wanted to go on to Kansas with Bob, retire and quit feeling obligated to spend a few days in NC each year. She ran a half-as* campaign and then capped it off by insulting everyone with 2+ brain cells who happened to catch that commercial. That was the final nail in the coffin for Liddy.

I am having serious withdrawal from the process. I feel like I'm supposed to be working on the transition team or something. Or coming up with a good name for Sasha and Malia's new puppy. I hope they get a lab:wub:.

A RESCUE lab, of course :wink2:

THANKS everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Still feeling fabulous. I'm so proud of myself - I haven't cried once! After a week of crying at the drop of a hat, for some reason I have managed to hold it together all day. Honestly, the only thing right now that bothers me is my nasal passages being extremely dry from the anesthesia tube.

Yes Deb, that popsicle was pure heaven. :wub: Wanna know what was almost just as good??? The sugar-free Cherry lifesaver that I sucked on when I got back to the hotel. :)

So, this morning before we left the hotel, my mom went downstairs to get some coffee and a little breakfast. She met a woman who is also staying at the hotel, and naturally they started chatting. When asked what brought us to CO, my mom told her that I was having surgery today. The lady said she was here with her mom, and that her mom was also having surgery! When asked if she would be at Parker hospital, she said yes...and as it turns out, this lady's mother was Dr. K's 12pm patient - I was at 10am. What a small world?! Now my mom has someone to hang out with, maybe go shopping or out to dinner with tomorrow. It's so wonderful.

The lady's mom, who is at least 60yrs, was doing well when I left the hospital. Unfortunately, not only did Dr. K find a really big hiatal hernia during surgery, but he found a tumor on her stomach that he also had to remove. :sad: They were sending it off to the labs for testing. I'm so worried about her! Her daughter said Dr. K was optimistic about the tumor, so that's a very good thing. She also said her mom wasn't nearly prepared enough, and asked if she could pick my brain later about everything lap band related. Thank you LapBandTalk for schooling me so well about this surgery!! :)

Wow, you sound great! How awful for that other woman, though, but I'm glad that her daughter found your mom. We really are lucky to have this site and especially this thread to prepare us. It would be so scary to fly in and have surgery somewhere and not really know what to expect.

Now, you may not feel quite as good tomorrow as you do today, especially if the gas hits. Remember to walk walk walk. I became very familiar with the halls of the Holiday Inn.

Wow, you sound great! How awful for that other woman, though, but I'm glad that her daughter found your mom. We really are lucky to have this site and especially this thread to prepare us. It would be so scary to fly in and have surgery somewhere and not really know what to expect.

Now, you may not feel quite as good tomorrow as you do today, especially if the gas hits. Remember to walk walk walk. I became very familiar with the halls of the Holiday Inn.

And it starts. I knew I'd jinx myself! What luck I have. The gas pains have started.

I woke up with them about an hour ago. It's now time for pain meds so I'm about to take those, and I just did 3 laps around the hotel with my mom but that didn't help the gas.

How long do gas pains last?? I'm a wimp. :) Also, will the pain meds help the gas pains, or will I still be in pain? :)

And it starts. I knew I'd jinx myself! What luck I have. The gas pains have started.

I woke up with them about an hour ago. It's now time for pain meds so I'm about to take those, and I just did 3 laps around the hotel with my mom but that didn't help the gas.

How long do gas pains last?? I'm a wimp. :) Also, will the pain meds help the gas pains, or will I still be in pain? :)

Ahhh, bummer (pun intended!). Well, the pain meds do help. I had pretty bad gas pains for the first week or so, then it just became kind of intermittent. Did you get some gas-x strips? I used a TON of them and they really did help.

I'm going for a record!! Fastest Reply Ever Post-Surgery! :)

I'm doing fantastic!!! Pain is minimal, but I'm still going to stay on top of my pain meds because I am a WIMP! If it gets bad for even a second I'll be crying like a baby.

When they woke me from the sleepy-stuff I was in the middle of a very vivid dream, so when I realized where I actually was it scared me, so the first ten minutes were spent crying and nearly hyperventilating - just generally freaking out. But once that was over, it's been downhill ever since.

Surgery started probably around 10:15a or so and we just got back to the hotel. I haven't made my way to the bed yet - currently sitting up in the desk chair, hence the reason I'm posting.

I will say this - that grape popsicle I got an hour ago was quite possibly the best thing I've ever had in my life. :wink2: However, the three small bites of applesauce nearly made me vomit all over myself - so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try applesauce again.

I have so much to tell you all about surgery and just today in general, so I promise to spill it all a little later. I think I want to get a little more sleep now.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10 - I'm a 15. :)

Hi Jamie,

Glad to hear you are doing okay. Honestly, tomorrow will not be much fun, but just keep taking your meds!!!!! And walk as much as you can. i was either walking or sleeping!

Deb from Tallahassee is here with me, I just got her at the airport. Join us tomorrow for dinner (soup) if you can - you'll see the post with the address of Panera.

hang in there!

p.s.. Deb says keep the ice pack on!!!

Ahhh, bummer (pun intended!). Well, the pain meds do help. I had pretty bad gas pains for the first week or so, then it just became kind of intermittent. Did you get some gas-x strips? I used a TON of them and they really did help.

I forgot them back in NC. :) If it gets worse overnight then I'll have mom buy some tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info!

Hi Jamie,

Glad to hear you are doing okay. Honestly, tomorrow will not be much fun, but just keep taking your meds!!!!! And walk as much as you can. i was either walking or sleeping!

Deb from Tallahassee is here with me, I just got her at the airport. Join us tomorrow for dinner (soup) if you can - you'll see the post with the address of Panera.

hang in there!

p.s.. Deb says keep the ice pack on!!!

If I'm feeling good I'll definitely make the trip! I'd love to meet Deb!

I forgot them back in NC. :) If it gets worse overnight then I'll have mom buy some tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info!

OH MY!!! Is mom asleep? There's a Walgreens a few blocks south of the hotel . . . you might see how she'd feel about getting them tonight. It helps lots.

OH MY!!! Is mom asleep? There's a Walgreens a few blocks south of the hotel . . . you might see how she'd feel about getting them tonight. It helps lots.

hahah yea, about that...she just got back from a walgreen's run about 20mins ago. went to buy ear plugs for me...she's a snorer! :):):wink2:

hahah yea, about that...she just got back from a walgreen's run about 20mins ago. went to buy ear plugs for me...she's a snorer! :):):wink2:

Hee hee. That's funny. My poor DH spent WAAAYYY too much time at Walgreen's when we were there. I wanted this, then that, then this, then that . . . .

Hee hee. That's funny. My poor DH spent WAAAYYY too much time at Walgreen's when we were there. I wanted this, then that, then this, then that . . . .

LOL! As soon as she's awake I'm sending her. This gas pain thing sucks.

My whole body hurts this morning (yes I'm awake way too early) but my body hurts because I'm sleeping in a slightly sitting position on my back and I can't move at all. Not even on my side with a pillow, and I'm used to sleeping on my side.

How long do I have to sleep like this??? :)