Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Autoimmune Issues and VSG?

Just got back from the Rhumatologist. He doesn't think my fatigue is from the fibro. He took blood to check anemia and thyroid, ( including T3 and T4 ,gave me a steroid shot and a prescript for nouvelle. I guess it's kind of like a stimulant. Anyone heard of it? Supposedly there are little side affects. So far I'm just as tired as before the shot. Had some lunch. Will rest a bit and then go visit my folks.

I've not heard of that one.....I hope it helps. I know my Rheumatologist suggested Savella for me for the fatigue.....I hope it helps!!!

Has anybody taken Stelara for psoriasis and did you have to stop before surgery?

I've not heard of that one.....I hope it helps. I know my Rheumatologist suggested Savella for me for the fatigue.....I hope it helps!!!

I tried Savella when I was first diagnosed and it messed with my blood pressure. I wonder if they're from the same family.

I tried Savella when I was first diagnosed and it messed with my blood pressure. I wonder if they're from the same family.

Not sure....I hope it works for you tho..... ;)

As mentioned earlier in a post I was diagnosed with End Stage (4) liver disease after a gallbladder removal surgery. The primary cause was (NASH) aka non-alcoholic cirrhosis and my doctors feel that it was most likely brought on through being diagnosed with diabetes since childhood. I was recommended by my hematologist to have the gastric sleeve because it has a 98% success rate in completely stopping the progression of the NASH, however I will always have the 49% liver damage. I am currently pre-op but I have been in the works of the surgery for a while. In 2006 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and went from 135lbs to almost 200lbs within a year. I did have a poor diet and bad habits of doing nothing but drinking coffee all day and only eating dinner at night. At that point I tried to diet and exercise and continued up to this day without success. Originally, per the request of my PCP I looked into a Gastric Bypass in 2010. I started the insurance dance performed all the requirements diet history, psych eval, other comorbid through Tricare and was denied on the first go. It was at this point I became very ill and it was discovered I had gallstones just shy of a quarter sizes blocking the bile duct and I had them and the gallbladder removed. That is when they discovered the liver damage and told me if I had gotten the surgery years ago I would have never had this problem or it was highly unlikely. However, now with an army of doctors at my back I am on my way to getting the surgery, but I wonder if at all now other than weight loss will there be a true benefit from it? Don’t get me wrong, I welcome the weight loss but I will still face an inevitable situation of liver transplant or complications later in life. I am currently just worried that since this entire if I am putting myself at even greater risk, because all surgeries are a risk and I would think especially one that is pretty much a 70% amputation of the stomach. Anyone else here ever have any difficulties with the liver? Or diabetes? I’ve heard that some have even been diabetes free from after the surgery? Is that only for type 2 diabetics? Any advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated :rolleyes::D

No advice, none of the same problems, but I want you to know I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers.....

Savella messed with my BP too, but my doc just upped my BP meds......I was at a point where I could not work at all without it. Shortly after he had me file for disability and beating the fatigue was no longer an important point for him.

No advice' date=' none of the same problems, but I want you to know I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers.....[/quote']

Same here

Savella messed with my BP too' date=' but my doc just upped my BP meds......I was at a point where I could not work at all without it. Shortly after he had me file for disability and beating the fatigue was no longer an important point for him.[/quote']

Sorry. Ill bet it was important to you! I'm at the point where I'm having trouble working. It's like I have 100 pounds weights tied to my feet. Well see when the blood work comes back if its just anemia. I'm dought it , but could be wrong.

Savella messed with my BP too' date=' but my doc just upped my BP meds......I was at a point where I could not work at all without it. Shortly after he had me file for disability and beating the fatigue was no longer an important point for him.[/quote']

Oh I feel better now after the steroid shot. Can pick up my feet!

Did you go back on the RA drugs?

Do you know, I didn't. I don't know what to do. I am not hurting at all. No swelling, no redness, no pain. It's been 8 weeks without meds. I took half the methotrexate dose one week, an the very next day, my knees hurt so bad. So I've stopped taking all of it. I really should go see the rheumatologist.

The problem is, when I first went to him I was practically bed-ridden and was using a walker since a doc had mistakenly taken me off the methotrexate. My new rheumy said he cried after I left, because of how much pain I was in. Can you believe that?

My fear is he will do everything he can to avoid the small chance that I might get that way again, and will want to put me back on the drugs "just in case".

I truly do feel I am in remission and don't need them yet so I'm struggling. I guess I'll go see him and have a chat.

Do you know' date=' I didn't. I don't know what to do. I am not hurting at all. No swelling, no redness, no pain. It's been 8 weeks without meds. I took half the methotrexate dose one week, an the very next day, my knees hurt so bad. So I've stopped taking all of it. I really should go see the rheumatologist.

The problem is, when I first went to him I was practically bed-ridden and was using a walker since a doc had mistakenly taken me off the methotrexate. My new rheumy said he cried after I left, because of how much pain I was in. Can you believe that?

My fear is he will do everything he can to avoid the small chance that I might get that way again, and will want to put me back on the drugs "just in case".

I truly do feel I am in remission and don't need them yet so I'm struggling. I guess I'll go see him and have a chat.[/quote']

Wow sounds like he really cares! Maybe you should go and have a chat. If you're in remission that's great! At any rate he should probably know that you're not hurting. Maybe he'll wait until you start having problems. I don't know. I don't know much about RA. Other than its yuky

Do you know' date=' I didn't. I don't know what to do. I am not hurting at all. No swelling, no redness, no pain. It's been 8 weeks without meds. I took half the methotrexate dose one week, an the very next day, my knees hurt so bad. So I've stopped taking all of it. I really should go see the rheumatologist.

I truly do feel I am in remission and don't need them yet so I'm struggling. I guess I'll go see him and have a chat.[/quote']

Was just thinking...is there a blood test you can take to see if you're in remission?

Was just thinking...is there a blood test you can take to see if you're in remission?

There are two blood tests that kinda point the way--but not necessarily. My blood levels are up on both. Looking at them, you'd say I need the meds. But the problem is, many people have elevated levels on both tests--but do not have RA. So it's a bit of a crapshoot.

I know I'm over thinking this and should just let the doc decide but I just really don't want to be on the meds if I don't need to be. I will schedule am appt for next week if I can get in to see him.

There are two blood tests that kinda point the way--but not necessarily. My blood levels are up on both. Looking at them' date=' you'd say I need the meds. But the problem is, many people have elevated levels on both tests--but do not have RA. So it's a bit of a crapshoot.

I know I'm over thinking this and should just let the doc decide but I just really don't want to be on the meds if I don't need to be. I will schedule am appt for next week if I can get in to see him.[/quote']

Ill keep hoping and praying that you can stay off MEDS. I'm taking myself off some of mine since I've lost weight. There's something about not being on MEDS that appeals to me, but if if makes me feel better (I'm all for Hydrocondone!) then I guess...when you get to be older its inevitable. I'm 62 1/2. My parents are 82. We're all pretty "healthy"although I have more problems than they do. Oh we'll!! We take what we're given and do the best.

Hi!

Well, I have two, I have Lupus as well as Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome and I am scheduled to be sleeved the week of the 18th of October. My doctor said NO , NO NO to the Band not only because of risk of increased pain and infection, but within the past year they have removed 40 and put in zero. I was highly reccomened for the sleeve and took on getting it. They expect no complications. Not sure if that helped at all :)