Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I may have fallen off the wagon :'(

Good evening everyone, I was sleeved on 2/5 and so far I've lost 33 lbs (yay) but for the pasts 2 weeks I've been eating fast food but in very small increments (a quarter to half at most) and then my body rejects it and I throw up :( but I'm finding it hard to get back on the wagon. I walk for a hour a day and my calorie intake is never more than 700 and the calories I burn from my walks are 400 and seeing a low intake is how I rationalize eating unhealthy foods and snacks....anyone else had/having this issue?

I think a good thing to reflect upon, is why did you have this surgery? We just made the most radical step we could of made, to assist us in losing weight..

Now is the time to stay on task to get what you want and what you need :)

I always think about how lucky we are to have been able to do this! Do you know how many people in our situation WISH they could do what we are doing?

Love you choice love yourself and use this gift!

You don't need to beat yourself up any longer over this, what's done is done. You must always remember, we are food addicts and food will always be plentiful. We must learn to navigate through this jungle if we are going to be successful. Try preparing your meals at home and bring them with you, so you will be less likely to stop at a FF joint. Ultimately you will have to buckle down and make the correct choices, all the encouragement in the world cant make you. This is one thing you will have to make the choice to do for yourself, you have been given a wonderful tool that can truly change your life. So MzGray29 go out and be amazing.

The surgery to me was the easy part. Changing eating habits was the real hard stuff, and it's the most important part of weight loss success. I agree with the others, what's done is done and it sounds like you already know it's not working - move on, move forward. Do you have a nutritionist available to you as part of your doctor's program? Because it's not just straight calories you need to watch, but what is making up those calories - the ratio of Protein, Fiber, carbs, sugars, fats, etc. And yes, it's too soon for junk food. I found my stomach to be very funky about high-fat, fried, or otherwise "junk" foods for the first 4-6 months. Even now, I can't do fried very well. Junk food is made from inferior and questionable ingredients anyhow, it's horrible for your body in many ways and should be seen as a TREAT to enjoy from time to time.

Try to think of healthy, fresh, organic, REAL FOOD that will not only help you lose weight but will help you sleep, think, and feel so much better every day.

Also, are you drinking plenty of Water and fluids? That will slow down weight loss dramatically. At least 64oz per day, up to 80oz if you can do it.

just take it one day at a time, or one meal at a time if you have to. The biggest thing with meals i've found is to plan ahead. Write up meal plans and menus. Focus on the good things you are doing, like keeping up the walking. But do not beat yourself up about it. You made a mistake, you have recognized and acknowledged it and are taking steps to correct it. You are human, and we all make mistakes, it's ok. You can do this! You can get back on the wagon and you have the support of all here behind you.

1st thing 1st thank you all for taking the time to comment. Next I don't eat fried foods as they hurt my stomach, I get my Protein, my Fiber and my good carbohydrates and fats. Where I started to go downward was when I discovered what aspartame (main ingredient in artificial sweetner) which is the waste product of bacteria and it's actually really unhealthy but I exercise regularly and am very active and my weight is coming down perfectly but I get the taste for certain things I know I shouldn't have but I still eat it anyways.

Good evening everyone' date=' I was sleeved on 2/5 and so far I've lost 33 lbs (yay) but for the pasts 2 weeks I've been eating fast food but in very small increments (a quarter to half at most) and then my body rejects it and I throw up :( but I'm finding it hard to get back on the wagon. I walk for a hour a day and my calorie intake is never more than 700 and the calories I burn from my walks are 400 and seeing a low intake is how I rationalize eating unhealthy foods and Snacks....anyone else had/having this issue?[/quote']

I have had to get fast good on many occasions since my surgery. I just try to make the best choice possible and never order junk food, fries, and such. I research menus on the internet so I know how many calories, carbs, sugar and Protein is in the food. I usually get a plain kids cheeseburger and eat it without the bread or a grilled chicken sandwich and just eat the chicken. I am losing weight pretty steadily....Dust yourself off and start over. You got this!

I have got nothing as I tried to chew a fry 4 days out and it was nasty.....but.who am I to say that, tat won't happen to me? You know what is rihg....do it. One of my girlfriends had to redo her surgery....because she had to give in to all her cravings.

Be strong sister.. I pray that you will get yourself back on the right track soon! I'm still early in my journey and I've already made some bad choices. I did realize what I did wrong and made the decision not to do it again.. No, of course that didn't work right away so I prayed about it and then realized that it was on the days that I didn't come on VST. I've found that coming here to talk to others and read about their issues, tips, advice and progress helps me to overcome temptations and stay on track! I'm hoping that the group. So I say to you, find an outlet that helps you to stay on track and overcome your temptations then use it to your advantage! Good luck on your progress and I'm sure you will find your way back to staying on track with your process!

I have a remedy for that, google what they put in that crap, it may cure you of it.

Stay strong and try your hardest to make better food choices. You are very early in your journey and if you start eating fast food now. You will eat it in 8 months and in 8 months you will be able to eat bigger portions ( if your anything like me). I am 11 months post op and made great food choices the first several months. Now, I can eat anything with no issues, and tht scares me because I don't want to fall off completely and lose sight of the surgery only being used as a "tool". I as well as you am still losing weight and exercising regularly. However, I now have a sweet tooth and have been eating Cookies, ice cream, etc. I know it's not right. But, continue to do it. All that being said....good luck! Stay focused. It sounds like you know what you need to do to be successful. Be blessed! ????

I have fallen off a few times. Yesterday was one. I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. The worst was 4 Girl Scout Cookies.

It started with Breakfast - pistachio nuts, mozzarella cheese, crackers, grapes. Then pickles around 10 am. I tried to mitigate the damage somewhat and had celery and cucumbers with fat free dressing to fill up with some bulk.Then it was way too many pita chips, which I never should have bought in the first place. Two very small glasses of wine, pork loin, fruit salad, butternut squash with a little butter, and then the Cookies.

I do not know what in the world got into me but it was like a train that couldn't stop. It scared me and reminded me of the bad old days. My scale is up 2 lbs this morning.

I don't usually pay attention like some others do, but it may be getting close to that TOM, which always makes me hungrier.

So you are not alone at all in struggling. It happens to many of us again and again. Today is a new day to start again and make better choices. We are so fortunate to have vsg to assist us with that.

My family is thin and I encouraged them to continue eating as they did before my surgery, although my wife has changed her eating habits. This means that there is junk food in the house all the time. I walk past them in the kitchen and I have even bought some for the household while shopping. However, I have not given into temptation. I look at the reason I had the surgery and have decided eating junk is not an effective way to get the nutrition I need. I am looking forward to being thin and will let nothing derail me from that. It is good you are reflecting but now it is time for you to take control and leave the things that caused you to have surgery in the past. That is not to say you won't cheat from time to time along your journey, but do that making the right choices.

BTW- I was sleeved on 2/19 so I am new like you and have lost a total of 38lbs including my pre-op. I have been in a stall for the last two weeks following my plan. I am discouraged by the stall but won't use that as an excuse to fall off the wagon. Good luck to you on your journey and for reaching out to the forum for support.

I highly recommend the book "No More Overeating" by David Kessler, MD. When u read it u will get a big picture of how people get addicted to all these junk foods. I personally won't eat at FF joints. The food is just fat on top of fat on top of fat, sugar, and salt. I am working really hard to prepare foods at home now. I buy organic as much as possible and portion the food out for future meals for me and my spouse. It helps. I also eat a lot of peanuts. :) u can do this!

I have a remedy for that' date=' google what they put in that crap, it may cure you of it.[/quote']

My sister watched show on how they made different products at McDonald's and she was so grossed out she won't go back... I wanna see that show! I ate at Hardee's the other day... I had their chicken tenders and had two... I didn't feel guilty... That's life! Before surgery I'd eaten 10! That's how I am using my new tool! I won't always be perfect and dont want to be! I've had Arby's too! I ate the beef with some horseradish and loved it!