Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm stalled :( NEED encouragement!

I was sleeved 2/22/13, have lost 49lbs total (including pre-op diet loss) but haven't list anything in the last 3 weeks.

I'm still walking 4-5 days a week and added a toning DVD 3 days a week but still no movement.

I'm still trying to figure out the eating part. How many calories are you all eating? I don't believe this is where I'm going wrong but I'm open to looking into it.

I knew this would happen but it's hard to go through.

Search three week stall. Tons of people have gone through the same thing. Also losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time kind of shocks the body. It does need time to adjust. Are you measuring? While weight might slow or stall from time to time, you could be losing inches.

Don't overly adjust your calories. If you aren't keeping a food journal start. It's a good habit and you can use it to either reassure yourself you are eating what you think you are (not just foods but portions, etc) or you can adjust.

A month out stall is not uncommon, this becomes ggod practice just dealing with it - you will probably have more than one. Try to allow impermanance in your thoughts as you deal with it. you have a tool you have never had before, and follow some guidelines and you will be fine.

I was at about 800 calories then, almost all protien.

Just as important is Water, Vitamins and really so really vital - sleep.

Get a tshirt that fits very tight but not so tight you pop the seam or stretch it. try it on. put it away. try it on again in a couple of weeks. you will see inches dissappear even when you see no actual loss on the scale.

You got this! You are doing great!

Hang in there! The most important thing is to not give up - it's like Water boiling, the more you look, the more you'll stress yourself when it doesn't fix. The second you stop worrying about it, it will start back up again. Everyone goes through them, and if I could go back and tell myself one thing it would be put the dang scale away. I kept worrying that maybe I was that one person who would only lose a little and it would stop. I wasn't, and you won't be either =)

I wouldn't mess with your diet too much. Just wait it out, you will come out the other side soon enough.

I agree with the other posters - it's normal, and we've all gone through this. You will find that your body needs to catch up...then the weight loss will start again. I am one of those people who has to weigh every day. I've learned to just look at the number, then forget about the number, and focus on the other things - am I following the plan, am I exercising enough, etc. It's the nice thing about the sleeve - it is permanent, and it does help up through the difficult times when we might get discouraged and give up. Hang in there, you're doing great!

I think sometimes it is hard to remember that we have this tool for life and we are not in a race! The "diet" mentality from before the surgery is that this, too, will never work; just like all of the other times I tried and couldn't lose enough or maintain it. I have been stalled for two weeks and am having a hard time not getting discouraged and believing that the weight will eventually come off. Reminding myself to just continue the proper foods, amounts, Water and exercise!

I was sleeved 2/22/13, have lost 49lbs total (including pre-op diet loss) but haven't list anything in the last 3 weeks.

I'm still walking 4-5 days a week and added a toning DVD 3 days a week but still no movement.

I'm still trying to figure out the eating part. How many calories are you all eating? I don't believe this is where I'm going wrong but I'm open to looking into it.

I knew this would happen but it's hard to go through.

I'm almost 3 yrs out, but when I was just sleeved, I was doing good to get 450 calories per day. I was worried, but they were not. Doctor asked if I felt good, had energy etc....and at 3 months, labs were great. I had and still have good restriction. I started getting ALL Protein in with food at 2.5 months. I reached MY goal in six months, doctor's goal for me just a few days shy of five months. There at the end of my losing, I averaged 700 - 800 calories per day. If I got 850, that was a LOT. I've been maintaining for a long time now and 1200 calories per day is what I need, give or take 50. Last week i decided to see if I still could lose, so I increased my Protein from 60 - 65 to 75- 90. I lost two pounds!!! Yay, I can do it if I want to, it's good to know!!! I'd say INCREASE protein and liquids.....be aware of everything you put into your mouth.....log all food, I STILL do this, it's habit. I hope this helps, a little!

I agree with the other posters - it's normal, and we've all gone through this. You will find that your body needs to catch up...then the weight loss will start again. I am one of those people who has to weigh every day. I've learned to just look at the number, then forget about the number, and focus on the other things - am I following the plan, am I exercising enough, etc. It's the nice thing about the sleeve - it is permanent, and it does help up through the difficult times when we might get discouraged and give up. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Like you, I weigh every single day....going up or down does not bother me, it's part of it. The thing is, if I'm up 2 or 3, I KNOW and I can do something about it, easy! If I weighed once a week or once a month - yikes. We all know how quickly we can gain 10 lbs.....that would not be as simple to get a grip on. Dr. Davidson told me to weigh, so I could nip it in the bud if the scale went up.

It will pass, no need to do anything crazy. You have lost a TON of weight in a short period of time. I don't like to compair but you seem to be quicker than most so you might just be up against a wall. The way I broke a multi-week stall was to purposely have a higher calorie few days. Don't fully understand why but it did throw me back into a weight loss mode again.

I talked with my nutritionist/naturopath the other day and asked her about stalls. She says it's perfectly normal and the body will figure it out. She also said to just eat full fat (yes, I said full fat) and nutritious foods. Since we are eating so little anyhow, the fat free and sugar free are really not affecting our progress and your body knows how to recognize things like butter instead of chemically-made up margarine. Try goat or almond milk instead of cows milk. You may be bloated from milk products. You may need to "up" your calories if you have started weights. The body will hold on to EVERYTHING if it's not getting enough nutrients to balance out the exercise. Make sense?

I was sleeved 2/22/13' date=' have lost 49lbs total (including pre-op diet loss) but haven't list anything in the last 3 weeks.

I knew this would happen but it's hard to go through.[/quote']

Up the Water and the Protein for 7 to 10 days and see if that helps. I broke two stalls that way. 80 grams of Protein and 80 oz Water. 20 pounds lost since Feb. 6th. Good luck!

Up the Water and the Protein for 7 to 10 days and see if that helps. I broke two stalls that way. 80 grams of Protein and 80 oz Water. 20 pounds lost since Feb. 6th. Good luck!

That is exactly what my dietitian told me. Up the protein and liquids. I am a little iffy on the full fat foods that someone was advised to eat. Has anyone looked at the FAT in cheese??!!! It may have a little protein, but not enough to justify those calories, even in 2% milkfat cheese, waaaaay too many for me!! My grandson's pediatritian told my daughter, "nobody over the age of 2 needs whole milk" We were told in our seminar that if we are not drinking skim or 1%, make the change. She did tell us that she would not ask us to eat something she will not eat. (that included FF cottage cheese, sour cream and cheese) She asked that if we had not, we should start buying Lite, or low fat. My family switched to skim 25 years ago and I have always bought lite. Switch BACK to full fat anything, just doesn't sound like a winner to me. Of course, I have always taken what is told to me and I sift through and use common sense. That does not make sense to me. In the beginning we DO eat so little, I remember eating an eighth cup of Soup and being Thanksgiving full.....but at 3 yrs out, I can eat 2/3's a cup, some times a little more. It is still not a LOT of food, but they don't ever want their patients to eat more than a cup of food at one time. I need 1200 calories to maintain, if I went from 2 cups of skim a day to two cups of whole milk. There is no doubt I'd see it reflected in the scale....or else I'd have to cut back somewhere, I'd have to adjust what I eat. No way would I risk it.

I keep my Proteins between 70-90 grams daily and have been active and getting in my Water daily but have hit a two week stall. The scale has not moved and I am doing everything as directed. I too am discouraged but see that I am not alone. Any suggestions on how to break out of this? I was sleeved on 2/19 and I am 38 lbs down including pre-op.

I keep my Proteins between 70-90 grams daily and have been active and getting in my Water daily but have hit a two week stall. The scale has not moved and I am doing everything as directed. I too am discouraged but see that I am not alone. Any suggestions on how to break out of this? I was sleeved on 2/19 and I am 38 lbs down including pre-op.

You are soooo new, everything will get jump started again, be patient and keep doing what you know you should. I have a couple of questions. HOW do you get that much Protein in per day this soon? I'm just curious as to what you are eating. How many calories are you taking in? At five week out, it was a huge effort to get in 50 - 60 and I was getting 400 - 500 calories a day.

Not sure I can add onto the wonderful advice above.

I absolutely encourage the use of a food diary that you track everything in including, but not limited to, food consumption, liquid consumption, Vitamins, weight loss, justifications, amount of exercise and also notes about how you are feeling since the last journey entry. A lot of people use MFP, but I ended up tracking in a notebook for about 2 months. I think MFP was not for me at the time because it kept telling me about how dead I was on the amount of calories I ate. Lol. :)

Also, I tended to stick to whole foods and the same thing day after day. Keep tracking as long as it is helping you. After 2 months, I got pretty good at knowing what I was eating, how much I was drinking and how much I was exercising without writing it down. Again, because my routine tends to be the same every day.

Monotony, not in the bored sense of the word, helped me be successful because it was so dang easy to follow after I got into the routine. By all means, journal as long as you like if it helps you be successful at 6 months, 1 year and longer. Try and stick to your plan day in and day out. Know that the goal is a much stronger motivator then that temptation.

Also know that you have that hidden cache of strength locked inside of you, even if it seems so hard to follow the plan right now. The longer you stick to plan, the stronger you will become and the less desirable temptations will be for you. Hang in there! The end result is worth the hard work.