Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vajay jay question....?!

I have a question' date=' not necessarily vajay jay related, but plastics in general :) I am lucky enough that my insurance will cover my sleeve (hoping for July surgery date) and I'm not sure that I will ever be able to afford plastics. I already worry about the loose skin....I know that this is going to bother me when it happens. I worry that I will still feel as bad about my body as I do now. When you're big, if you're going to get naked in front of someone, they pretty much know what to expect. However, if you're smaller and look good in clothes, they aren't expecting to see a bunch of loose skin when you disrobe. My DH passed away in 2007 and I have not been in a real relationship since then, but I hope to be again one day. If you were unable to have plastics, would you still be okay with yourself?[/quote']

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband :-(

I was thinking the same thing about looking good in clothes and then not so hot naked. I'm sure my hubby will be okay with it (I am bound and determined to save for plastics!) but I'm not sure how I will be. I don't want to work so hard on getting to goal only to feel like I look worse...

But honestly, any GOOD man will love you for who you are and NOT if you have extra skin! I think if you work that hard and feel like you are living your life again and actually being part of it, you will be okay with yourself. :-)

I'm also hoping for a July surgery date too! Keep me posted on how things are progressing!

Sheena :-)

As someone who is going through the nightmare of plastics consultations right now (wow, what a way to make yourself feel awful...lol!) I have thought about this question.

I think the answer is yes. I like ME. i feel good about myself. I can do so many things and feel self confident - I will fit in that chair, I can go dancing and actually wear feminine shoes. I look good!

I think that attitude is more important then looks even to most men. The energy, joy and warmth your project is what will attract people to you. When it comes to intimate relations, well, it might weed out a few, but, I think mature men are realists and are more interested in you as a total package and not just in whether you have some extra skin. It may require a converstation in advance but I would not let it interfere with you finding your joy and good health that weight loss will bring.

I have lost 150 as a result of sleeve, more like 170 from my all time highest. I have enough skin for two people and 95% of the time it doesn't bother me THAT much. People tell me I am good looking and I feel that way inside. I will tell you what sends me over the edge though - doing an exercise like pushups without wearing a compression garment. That is absolutely awful, but now that I know it - i just don't do it...lol

A current photo for reference:

post-12388-13813664487795_thumb.jpg

My starting photo.... worth a little extra skin don't you think?

post-12388-13813664488262_thumb.jpg

I have a question, not necessarily vajay jay related, but plastics in general :) I am lucky enough that my insurance will cover my sleeve (hoping for July surgery date) and I'm not sure that I will ever be able to afford plastics. I already worry about the loose skin....I know that this is going to bother me when it happens. I worry that I will still feel as bad about my body as I do now. When you're big, if you're going to get naked in front of someone, they pretty much know what to expect. However, if you're smaller and look good in clothes, they aren't expecting to see a bunch of loose skin when you disrobe. My DH passed away in 2007 and I have not been in a real relationship since then, but I hope to be again one day. If you were unable to have plastics, would you still be okay with yourself?

Thanks, guys :) Dreamingofhealth, you are right....a good man is not going to care about the extra skin. If he does care, it's time to move on. CowgirlJane, you look wonderful...most definitely worth the extra skin :D No matter how much extra skin I end up with, I will be healthier and feel so much better every day and that's the most important thing!

And my point is that most men (especially the adult grown up type you WANT to date) will feel exactly that same way. They will find you vibrant and interesting and exciting because you FEEL that way and will be projecting that energy.

No matter how much extra skin I end up with, I will be healthier and feel so much better every day and that's the most important thing!

I just found out the plastic surgeon is planning in removing part/most of my mons pubis when he does my corset trunkplasty. I thought mine wasn't that bad o_0

I am glad he will be fixing it at the same time, I wouldn't have realized it was a problem until after he removed my big a$$ apron. I haven't seen my va jay jay in so long, I couldn't identify her in a line up!

I just found out the plastic surgeon is planning in removing part/most of my mons pubis when he does my corset trunkplasty. I thought mine wasn't that bad o_0

I am glad he will be fixing it at the same time' date=' I wouldn't have realized it was a problem until after he removed my big a apron. I haven't seen my va jay jay in so long, I couldn't identify her in a line up![/quote']

I know what u mean .!!! Lol .. Sucks

I'm so glad I found this post!! I am 27 and thought I was the only person! I told my sister and she looked like I had 10 heads! I am so embarrassed about it! I am down from 240 to 163. I am only 5'1" so I want to lose like 35 more lbs and I'm hoping it does away! I have been single for going on 10 years and that's when I got so fat. I'm terrified of intimacy because I'm afraid a guy is going to be like wtf! Honestly I feel better just knowing I'm not the only one out there thinking this way. I'm just upset because I've been told its next to impossible to find a plastic surgeon to do a Tummy Tuck before you have had kids unless the skin folds which mine is so tiny I can't see them doing it.

Yes, it does get smaller. I have lost 80 pounds and it's noticeable. AND depending on your age and weight lost, the outer parts below that also shrink and shrivel so if you like to wax the kitty, don't be surprised if it looks like this

Done Did It!

post-33539-13813664549289_thumb.jpg

I'm so glad I found this post!! I am 27 and thought I was the only person! I told my sister and she looked like I had 10 heads! I am so embarrassed about it! I am down from 240 to 163. I am only 5'1" so I want to lose like 35 more lbs and I'm hoping it does away! I have been single for going on 10 years and that's when I got so fat. I'm terrified of intimacy because I'm afraid a guy is going to be like wtf! Honestly I feel better just knowing I'm not the only one out there thinking this way. I'm just upset because I've been told its next to impossible to find a plastic surgeon to do a Tummy Tuck before you have had kids unless the skin folds which mine is so tiny I can't see them doing it.

Girl, don't listen to what people say. Plastic surgeons like $$$ and if yours is green, you can find one to do it for you. You just need to ask yourself if you want to pay & then have kids. If you don't care, why would the surgeon?

Best of luck to you!

I had a TT after kids at 49 but then gained 100 pounds. I have lost 80 and my belly is flat as a board. If you care for your belly with cocoa butter and Vitamin e you hould be fine

post-33539-13813664553096_thumb.jpg

Yes' date=' it does get smaller. I have lost 80 pounds and it's noticeable. AND depending on your age and weight lost, the outer parts below that also shrink and shrivel so if you like to wax the kitty, don't be surprised if it looks like this

Done Did It![/quote']

OMG I can't stop laughing!!!!

OMG I can't stop laughing!!!!

When i thought of this resonse, I laughed so hard, tears ran down my leg

Yes' date=' it does get smaller. I have lost 80 pounds and it's noticeable. AND depending on your age and weight lost, the outer parts below that also shrink and shrivel so if you like to wax the kitty, don't be surprised if it looks like this

Done Did It![/quote']

Omg, this is hilarious!

Sleeved on Oct 30, 2012 and my is gone all on its own and it was a "fatty!" :)

I've been wondering about this recently, too. Definitely not as firm as it used to be!