Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I make bread and butter pickles and don't peel them. I make every pickled concoction I can think of and peeling the cucumber means removing the portion of most nutrients

Ok.. Sorry OP.. I'm done hijacking your thread lol.. Promise :D

we are all here for support. We are all human and make mistakes

Determined_Me

sneaking in soft food????

if you had to "sneak" anything - some soft food, oh well

its done and over with

it could be a lot worse!!!!(chips, dips, Cookies et al :()

that being said, eating fish, and a little broccoli???

people have been shot for less!!!! :lol:

like Sassygirl06 said - we are all human and make mistakes - each and every one of us

fess up you know i'm talking to YOU :lol:

you do need to totally follow your NUT/dr. order to the "T"

confession IS good for the sole - do you feel better now??? :)

right now your tummy is still practically a virgin (kindof like being a little pregnant?? ;) )

take care of your new tummy and "it" will take care of you

you've lost 19 lbs thats great!!!

no weight loss in a couple of days???

thats not a stall - little break maybe - you'll start losing again

you will have stalls later - gotta deal with them then

but now - put the fish back in the lake :lol:

you'll be fine - keep up the good work

and OP, OP - knock off the pickle jokes - their getting sour :lol:

oh no, did i really say that??? :lol:

do what your are doc says

you'll be great!!

good luck

Im 10 days post op and I've been sneaking in soft foods..broccoli and fish oh and a pickle (no skin) I haven't eating a lot but I just had to confess. Im actually 19lbs down! But I haven't lost anything in the last 2days just wondering if I may have caused a stall ..remember I was losing 2 1/2 to 3 lbs a day!

Today makes 14 days post OP for me and I had a French fry a week post op. I had finely diced chicken breast yesterday. I eat very little at a time as to NOT bust/leak. I feel like I an doing well but just need to incorporate exercise now

i am almost three months out and i tried a pickle over the weekend and it was a brick in my stomach. It was like i could not chew it enough. And to top it off just a 1/2 of a pickle and i retained fluid! So needless to say i wont be eating pickles anytime soon. I am amazed that your new stomach allowed you to eat fish, broccoli, and pickles! You are going to be one of those people with a sleeve of steel. Please be careful with your newborn stomach. Follow your doctor's orders.

I'm so terrified that I'm going to be writing this exact post in a couple months. I was definitely a rule breaker when I was banded, 3 1/2 yrs ago. I was sposed to be on liquids for 4 weeks. I made it thru week 2 and I added mashed potatoes cuz I thought I was gunna starve. Week 3 I had a Burger King cheeseburger, and wished I had bought 2 of em when I had finished.

I still occasionally have a sip of hubbys soda when we go out to eat (a big no no with the band), I don't count carbs, calories, fat grams, or measure my food. I've been fairly successful, despite my harming myself (until after 2 1/2 yrs of frequent vomiting, caused by my inability to eat slowly) my band finally slipped.

This time, when I'm getting the sleeve, I plan on keeping all my promises to my dr. I will not eat food when I'm not sposed to. A leak terrifies me. More than a slipped band. This time around I have someone else in the house eating in front of me (got married last year, was single when banded) so it's gunna be hard. But doable. And I'm NOT gunna cause myself to get a leak just because I couldn't follow rules for a few weeks.

I'm so terrified that I'm going to be writing this exact post in a couple months. I was definitely a rule breaker when I was banded' date=' 3 1/2 yrs ago. I was sposed to be on liquids for 4 weeks. I made it thru week 2 and I added mashed potatoes cuz I thought I was gunna starve. Week 3 I had a Burger King cheeseburger, and wished I had bought 2 of em when I had finished.

I still occasionally have a sip of hubbys soda when we go out to eat (a big no no with the band), I don't count carbs, calories, fat grams, or measure my food. I've been fairly successful, despite my harming myself (until after 2 1/2 yrs of frequent vomiting, caused by my inability to eat slowly) my band finally slipped.

This time, when I'm getting the sleeve, I plan on keeping all my promises to my dr. I will not eat food when I'm not sposed to. A leak terrifies me. More than a slipped band. This time around I have someone else in the house eating in front of me (got married last year, was single when banded) so it's gunna be hard. But doable. And I'm NOT gunna cause myself to get a leak just because I couldn't follow rules for a few weeks.[/quote']

Hi, I have been a self-sabotager before so I understand where you are coming from.....I would suggest: when you think "just a little won't hurt" ask yourself why you don't want to succeed, aren't you worth it? We'll go through too much work with the pre surgery requirements, pre op, surgery itself, and post OP, then there is everything you should do to learn new healthy lifestyle habits....why go through all of that if you aren't ready to believe in yourself and believe you ARE worth it, you deserve to succeed and rule food, and not let it rule you from now on...Postpone it if you are not truly ready...I think you ARE worth it, we all are.... we will all make mistakes, but we need to learn from them and don't repeat them.......just my thoughts and what I tell myself...hope it helps!