Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time off work for surgery

Anyone taking time off from work? Are you using medical leave of absence? Or for those post ops did you use it?

I have an office job and took one week off. Used vacation pay.

sick leave....I have plenty of days saved up.

I took the full 2 weeks and it was sick time

I will be taking 2 weeks of vacation then I am going to get a doctors note to be on light duty until I am aloud to exercise as my job has a lot of pushing, pulling, bending and lifting heavy objects.

I'm 2 1/2 weeks Post Op. I have a desk job and took a week off, not paid. I had my surgery on a Friday, and honestly by Tuesday I could of gone back to work but I decided to just give myself the rest of the week to relax and recover at home. Good luck!

I'm am off for 3 weeks this is my last week I'm in ca so we fmla family medical leave act so it won't count against me also lol revive short term disability from the state for the 3 weeks of no pay

I'm am off for 3 weeks this is my last week I'm in ca so we fmla family medical leave act so it won't count against me also lol revive short term disability from the state for the 3 weeks of no pay

I'm also in California and i was also looking into medical leave. I think i have to take some paper work to HR filled out by my surgeons office. Does that sound right?

Yeah I took my off work orders to my supervisor I had to fill out some forms but its worth it your jobs completely protected and instead if using my vacation I got paid through disability and my work covered the rest.... You can google the forms I think

If you use fmla remember this paper work is good for 12 weeks in the whole year. So if complications occur from this you will still be covered by fmla.

Cool thanks guys

I applied for FMLA through my employer to protect my position and also for short term disability as I only had enough PTO for 1 week off and really felt two weeks would be necessary due to physical requirements of my job. So... PTO for the 1st week and 65% of my normal income for the second week and FMLA to protect my position just in case. :)

I only put in for a week off at work but it will be without pay because I don't have enough vacation time saved up..I thought with FMLA you had to be out of work for 6 weeks or more to apply? Cause if that's the case that I could possibly get paid for it or if I need more time, I may have to look into this..Does this apply in NY as well do you know? thanks.

I only put in for a week off at work but it will be without pay because I don't have enough vacation time saved up..I thought with FMLA you had to be out of work for 6 weeks or more to apply? Cause if that's the case that I could possibly get paid for it or if I need more time' date=' I may have to look into this..Does this apply in NY as well do you know? thanks.[/quote']

Sorry i don't know about New York but just ask your HR department at work

I only put in for a week off at work but it will be without pay because I don't have enough vacation time saved up..I thought with FMLA you had to be out of work for 6 weeks or more to apply? Cause if that's the case that I could possibly get paid for it or if I need more time' date=' I may have to look into this..Does this apply in NY as well do you know? thanks.[/quote']

Sorry i don't know about New York but just ask your HR department at work