Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just finished my second 5K in 26:52!

Less than a year ago I could not even consider walking 1 mile. Just yesterday I finished my second 5K and I was able to finish it in less than 27 minutes!

Here is a before picture last year at 324 Lbs: post-36340-1381366395565_thumb.jpg Here is the picture at the finishline yesterday at 173 Lbs: post-36340-13813663955072_thumb.jpg

My next goal is to do a 10K under 1 Hour!

Good luck to all of you starting a running program and stick to it before you know it you will be running your first 5K.

Nice!

I was in the same boat. Couldn't have dreamed of running pre-sleeve. It has been a wonderful journey since.

Congrats!

Congrats! Truly and accomplishment! Keep it up!

I got a serious stress fracture in my foot and shin, it wiped out my attempt at the zombie 5k.

But amped up my yoga, I can do crow and headstand now...

Thanks. It is amazing how you it changes your life isn't it? Now I can't wait to get home and go out for a run.

That is awesome and sooo inspiring!

Thats awesome, great job, I just did my first 5k I walked it finished it in 1 hour 20secs, have 2 next month and hope I can make that time go down,

Great job! I'm thinking about signing up for my first 5k in late April and am terrified!

Congrats and great job!!! I'll be doing 4 sprint tris and one olympic between June and November. I can only dream of running a sub 10 min/mile!!!

Way to go and good luck in your next races!!!

Great job! I'm thinking about signing up for my first 5k in late April and am terrified!

Don't be. I was nervous on the first one since I didn't know what to expect but after you finish it you feel motivated to do it again.

Thats awesome, great job, I just did my first 5k I walked it finished it in 1 hour 20secs, have 2 next month and hope I can make that time go down,

Thank you. You time will go down. The first one you worry so much about the pace and being able to finish that you tend to slow down. You will see that the second one will be easier.

dont be scared you can do it even if you walk it just finish it and every time you do one try and beat your last time that is what I am doing, cant wait til the day I can run one, that will be awesome

Congrats! Major physical accomplishments! That 5k time is crazy- I'm envious. The sub hour 10k goal is within your grasp. I ran a sub hour 10k, but I have never ran a 5k in under 28 minutes. U can definitely do that. Thank u for sharing the pics as well. What an amazing transformation. The sleeve IS an amazing tool! Keep up the greatness.

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment.

Wow that is great! I've done about 10 so.far and time is still around 40-43 minutes!