Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

I hear ya! I have a ton of clothes that I can't wait to fit into. I can't wait to get my sleeve! Come on May 31st!!!

Oh my. I just checked this thread after several days. Seems I've missed quite a bit. What I have to say is this - if rollargirl wants the sleeve, can pay for it, and has a doctor that will do it for her, then why the big deal? Go for it is what I say. If I could have had this surgery a long time ago when I was a bit smaller then I would have. It didn't exist back then. When I found this forum I was very happy. I was sleeved in Mexico and don't have the support system that a lot of people have. I thought I would be able to get support without the childishness that goes on around here. Wrong! There are some folks here that are truly supportive and friendly. There are some that are still in Jr High mode, think they know it all, and have no problem making rude comments. To the latter I say go (fill in blank) yourself. I'm almost 47 years old and have little to no tolerance for loud-mouthed, know it all bozos. You go rollargirl and keep on posting. There's a few of us that will support you in whatever you decide.

Oh my. I just checked this thread after several days. Seems I've missed quite a bit. What I have to say is this - if rollargirl wants the sleeve' date=' can pay for it, and has a doctor that will do it for her, then why the big deal? Go for it is what I say. If I could have had this surgery a long time ago when I was a bit smaller then I would have. It didn't exist back then. When I found this forum I was very happy. I was sleeved in Mexico and don't have the support system that a lot of people have. I thought I would be able to get support without the childishness that goes on around here. Wrong! There are some folks here that are truly supportive and friendly. There are some that are still in Jr High mode, think they know it all, and have no problem making rude comments. To the latter I say go (fill in blank) yourself. I'm almost 47 years old and have little to no tolerance for loud-mouthed, know it all bozos. You go rollargirl and keep on posting. There's a few of us that will support you in whatever you decide.[/quote']

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's ok if someone doesn't agree with what im doing, they just don't need to be mean or rude about it. I don't want to trivialise it at all - if anything maybe it would help some people start this journey sooner before they get diabetes and other overweight related problems ... I'm so excited for this and have even thought of setting something up over here in nz to let people know it doesn't have to cost $17,000 and there are other viable options ... Did I say thank you?? Haha x

I think it's different in New Zealand. I don't think we have such an obesity problem like America does.. Obviously u don't think 30 is obese but in New Zealand it really is' date=' compared to others around here. I feel very judged over here and have had endless rude remarks about it. People assume I eat McDonald 3 times a day and when I workout I get told "good on you", like I haven't been doing it my whole life?!

[/quote']

That's a really good insight. It's all relative, isn't it? Hopefully America is getting wiser and more informed about nutrition. Personally I keep praying that when I have kids I can set a really good example for them with health and nutrition.

And BMI isn't the perfect health indicator either. I swam a mile 5x a week and did the elliptical 45 minutes on one weekend day EVERY WEEK and my BMI was the same as a girl who I thought was maybe 20% bigger than me. BMI doesn't take lean vs. fat mass into account.

I'm sorry things got so heated on here. Weight is a hard thing to talk about, period, and emotions can certainly run high because each of us likely has an emotional stake in our weight-related choices.

You're a 30 BMI and you want to get sleeved???? Why?? That shouldn't even be allowed..

Lol I thought I was the only person saying wtf!!

I just don't understand how a "doctor" could do this to someone with a 30 BMI' date=' I just don't..... I rarely post here but when I read this site it upsets me. There are doctors doing crazy things all over the board with absolutely ZERO consistency. Pre op diets from none to 30 days, different post op eating schedules as far as puree, soft, and solid foods, some doctors making a lot of money selling you their crappy food for pre op and post op diets (that should NOT be allowed under ANY circumstances), different everything. It's actually bad, and there should be more regulation or industry/surgery standards in this area of medicine.[/quote']

In this world, you can get whatever you want as long as you can pay for it. I know someone who got 2 rows of nipples going down HIS belly and a 4 inch tail and horns implanted on his forehead and a hoof on his left leg....he was fine before but that's what he wanted so the plastic surgeon hooked him up and got paid....

In this world' date=' you can get whatever you want as long as you can pay for it. I know someone who got 2 rows of nipples going down HIS belly and a 4 inch tail and horns implanted on his forehead and a hoof on his left leg....he was fine before but that's what he wanted so the plastic surgeon hooked him up and got paid....[/quote']

Folks, you might want to read the entire thread before commenting further. The reasons have already been fully explained, argued about, and understood. Please don't poke sticks in the tiger's cage on this - it's not pretty :-)

I'm ignoring

:-) Hang in there.

:-) Hang in there.

I'm fine - I've had more then enough support from here - even a few PM's. I'm fine about it all & getting more & more excited... I feel like my life is on pause ???? thank you SD x

Hahahah am I the tiger??

Girl, you know you are!

No' date=' no, no. Actually to be honest with you, I worked at the Twinkie factory here in Chicago. My bosses were jerks so I decided I would teach them a lesson and began eating all the Twinkies. I ate so many of them that the company subsequently went out of business, you may have heard about it on the news. Yeah, that was it.[/quote']

Lmaoo

Folks...I read the thread. Maybe I'll read it again just because you recommended it lol please! I think she should get WLS...that's what she wants right, who am I to say differently, she's not using my money or screwing up my body for no reason....just like I want to poke my stick in the tiger's cage..I can if I want to.. Anywho good luck roller girl. But remember, skinny people have issues too. :-/