Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

Frank FYI there is a whole lot of women here in the states having it for the same reason!! One lady even started a thread about "who did this for vanity only" sad but true!!

Listen this is a money making business.. I always though the lap band was the McDonalds of WLS because of all the advertising.

now I'm seeing just as many commercials, ads, and billboards for VSG... Its being marketed as an easy procedure and well it's working..

well not in Oregon...I have never seen a ad r anything..always knew about the bypass but the only way I heard about the sleeve was when my grandma took me to a seminar with her and that was like 4 years ago lol

Lol not you ... Another lady ... You have been firm but fair dde0a

And I have no issues with Mx either. My Mx experience was amazingly excellent.

Amanda Rae

I'm in California!! We have surgeries at lunch time here...

that explains everything lmao. I used to live in Cali...to damn expensive!

Wow peeps are mean. Life is too short get it done do whatever you want. It's your body.

Ok so I think I figured out why us heavier peeps are having such a hard time. And it's been said in ways already.

And I could be wrong, but I almost feel like the OP is using it as a form of anorexia. She wants it so she can't eat as much so she won't gain weight in the future. While most of us have cried out to God because of the pain we felt just walking down the damn street. I don't condone anorexia and I don't condone having this surgery for a problem that doesn't yet exist. I DO understand wanting to prevent problems before they arise.... But for some reason it just rubs me the wrong way.

The chick in the bikini pic who had all those plastic surgeries really pisses me off. She had this surgery to be super skinny. I don't want to be super skinny. I want to not hurt. And I want to not die earlier than I should.

OP: do what makes you happy. I really LOVE NZ. I hear nothing but great things about it. If you felt backed into a corner and needed to strike back, that's unfortunate. Do you belong here? I'd hate to say no. But I'm not sure. If you did have he surgery and needed help, I'd help you. If you were a little nicer and promised to not insult people anymore.

Yep and the rest of the world - please make sure you've read everything I've ever written in this forum before adding your 2 cents... Just my opinion.

Oh, I certainly won't be wasting my time reading everything you've written -- as I'm sure you wouldn't bother reading everything I've ever posted before dismissing what I had to say.

Good luck to you! :)

Ok let me put it like this: there are people who had to have this surgery because they had cancer in their stomachs. They had no choice and it changed their life's drastically. They weren't fat, they were healthy. So now that same procedure is being done to fat ppl. And you would see the same resentment in a person who had no choice against a person who chooses to take out their stomach. So why does being bigger give us the right to take it away from people who are smaller then us? It doesn't. I know people resent the fact that she's low bmi but really why?

just curious do you have any co mobility's?

I have PCOD and there are a few issues in my family history as well as morbid obesity. With all the horrible illness people can get that there's no prevention for - being a healthy weight can prevent a lot over obesity related illnesses. Sure a little is vanity as I'm sick of people making comments and children laughing at me when I come out in my bathing suit to watch them in the pool. Life is tuff - if there's something I can do to make myself happier I have no idea why people are so enraged about it. I am not trying to change your views big frank - just accept mine....

Ok I'm off to find a pro-rexia forum now - cause that's really my secret goal ~ get a life lady

Pro-rexia lols

Ok let me put it like this: there are people who had to have this surgery because they had cancer in their stomachs. They had no choice and it changed their life's drastically. They weren't fat' date=' they were healthy. So now that same procedure is being done to fat ppl. And you would see the same resentment in a person who had no choice against a person who chooses to take out their stomach. So why does being bigger give us the right to take it away from people who are smaller then us? It doesn't. I know people resent the fact that she's low bmi but really why?[/quote']

If people maybe started doing it before 50 BMI in America wouldn't it save a lot of money in healthcare & pharmaceuticals??? People would be around to see their children grow up. I would of hoped this would of been seen as a positive idea ... I'm really upset I was wrong

If people maybe started doing it before 50 BMI in America wouldn't it save a lot of money in healthcare & pharmaceuticals??? People would be around to see their children grow up. I would of hoped this would of been seen as a positive idea ... I'm really upset I was wrong

It's not that you're wrong. Personally, I was concerned that you were banking on this surgery to help food addiction. And boy oh boy is that false. But if you're willing to go through it and fight hard for it and I you want it that badly, then go for it! It's the only body you'll ever have. I feel for my fellow food addicts. It's miserable and so hard! Because we need food!!