Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lb1209, what was your complication ?

I had a hiatal hernia that was repaired during the the sleeve process but because I have an over-reactive sphincter the space was too tight to allow things to go down to the stomach. I had to back to surgery so the doctor could release some stitches from the hernia repair. It sucked to have surgery twice this week but I am all good now!

I am starving I am so hungry. Started full liquid diet yesterday, but is so hard I see my mom eating like crazy and I think thats making me hungry, but I just dont want to bother her since she came from miami to take care of my daughter and me during the surgery time.

Glad your doing better but just wondering did you see a cardiologist pre-op?

I had to see a cardiologist pre-op, since I had congestive heart failure because of complications from my pregnancy. I just had to do a nuclear stress test, EKG, and was cleared pretty easily for surgery.

Edited by mssoutherngal

I had surgery May 2nd. Eight days post op and feeling fine! Cleaned my house yesterday, went to the follow up appt and then shopping after - been released to full liquids and mushy foods. Down 14lbs in 8 days (it's mostly Water weight from surgery - down 6lbs from day before surgery weight! Yay!

I have 18 days left until sleeve day. Excited getting a little nervous. Hope everyone is doing well

Six days has pass and I am felling pretty good. Full liquid diet is so far ok. I dont want to step in the scale until my next doctor appoiment I really hope I an dropping weight by then.

how is everybody's energy level? I am still on full liquid diet and trying to get Proteins in, but my energy level is very low--especially today for some reason...how much Protein is everybody getting in? I know I need to get more in, because I am averaging in the upper 50s

Six days has pass and I am felling pretty good. Full liquid diet is so far ok. I dont want to step in the scale until my next doctor appoiment I really hope I an dropping weight by then.

My energy is good I walk today for 40 minutes. And felt so good have been getting about one shake of Protein a day thats it. I am still not taking the Vitamins.< /p>

Did u do follow the preop 100%?

Before surgery I quick eating or drinking sugar products. I did eat low diet around 900 calories at day. But i eat normally just small portions trying to abjust myself to eating small. Two days before surgery I did liquids only. In one month before surgery I drop 12 pounds. Now being almost a week after surgery I have not measure myself I want to wait until my dr appointment. So honestly I try my best to follow dr advice 100% , but I am not perfect and I know I did eat things I should have eat before surgery. But now after surgery I dont regret have being a my favorite restaurant two weeks pre op and eating my favorite dish with my family. Just to let you know yesterday for the first time I went out with my mom and daughter to eat. I order a clear liquid Soup and with only eight sips I was full thats when I realize that this is going to work for me.

I will be sleeved on May 22. I cannot wait! I too hate going out in public and cannot wait until I can feel less self conscious. I am tired of always feeling fat and slow. I am currently at my all time high of 230 pounds. I am 5'4 and gained 50 after back surgery. I hope to lose 90-100 pounds.

My surgeon did not start me on a pre op diet. I was just told to "not gain any weight." Has anybody else been told that?

I'm getting sleeved this morning can't wait!! I lost 21lbs during my 6 month weight management program. I lost an additional 13lbs on the pre op diet.

I will be sleeved on May 22. I cannot wait! I too hate going out in public and cannot wait until I can feel less self conscious. I am tired of always feeling fat and slow. I am currently at my all time high of 230 pounds. I am 5'4 and gained 50 after back surgery. I hope to lose 90-100 pounds.

My surgeon did not start me on a pre op diet. I was just told to "not gain any weight." Has anybody else been told that?

My doctor told me the same thing! The nurse said a good surgeon doesnt need the liver shrunk...full of themselves much? My surgery is on May 23rd.