Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad to hear that my fellow May 6 sleevers are doing pretty good...I have been blessed so far with no major issues...still have a little gas but it's bearable. That day of surgery and during the night I used the pain pump some' date=' but no pain meds since I've been home...still on clear liquid diet until tomorrow...the Isopure Protein Drinks aren't that bad tasting, but it's difficult to get all the liquids in when I can only sip a little at a time....my stomach is making noises all of the time--is anybody else experiencing that? Also, I thought I would feel no hunger...I am not sure if I am feeilng real hunger or just "head" hunger...I think I am still in the mourning stage; i.e., mourning the loss of food[/quote']

I am still in the hospital. I wanted to stay one more day because I was so sick and in a ton of pain in recovery and the day after. They did a swallow test and everything was perfect :) I think I drank too much fluids tonight :( I am not hungry just thirsty. Going home in the morning. Yay!!!

Glad to hear that my fellow May 6 sleevers are doing pretty good...I have been blessed so far with no major issues...still have a little gas but it's bearable. That day of surgery and during the night I used the pain pump some' date=' but no pain meds since I've been home...still on clear liquid diet until tomorrow...the Isopure Protein drinks aren't that bad tasting, but it's difficult to get all the liquids in when I can only sip a little at a time....my stomach is making noises all of the time--is anybody else experiencing that? Also, I thought I would feel no hunger...I am not sure if I am feeilng real hunger or just "head" hunger...I think I am still in the mourning stage; i.e., mourning the loss of food[/quote']

I was sleeve may 6 as well. Yes my stomach is making more noises and ohh yes I do feel hunger but I guess is only mentally and that would be abjust with time. I am starting full liquid tomorrow I was looking for recepies, but all I see is cream Soups or the farina. HOW LOng did you have to be on the stage 2? Share recepies I see what I can share too. I am glad you are doing pretty good too.

I was sleeve may 6 as well. Yes my stomach is making more noises and ohh yes I do feel hunger but I guess is only mentally and that would be abjust with time. I am starting full liquid tomorrow I was looking for recepies' date=' but all I see is cream Soups or the farina. HOW LOng did you have to be on the stage 2? Share recepies I see what I can share too. I am glad you are doing pretty good too.[/quote']

Every dr and nutritionist has a different diet. My dr has me on a strict set of pre made Protein drinks (ensure, slim fast, etc.) for 2 weeks then each week following I add a new protein (eggs, yogurt, fish, chicken, beef, etc.)

Last night I try to sleep on the side and it did not hurt as bad and actually help me to release gas.

Hi Everyone,

May 6th sleever here, so I'm only 3 days post op.

Self paid in Tijuana via Dr. Ponce at the INT Hospital. Stayed at the hospital for 2 days & was released yesterday. Although I currently live in NYC, I'm originally from SD & I'm blessed to have my parents' home to come home to & do about a week of recovery rest before I head back to the east coast.

These 1st days have not been easy AT ALL, but I know this too shall pass.

The nausea is *constant*. It's disheartening to see my US counterparts being sent home with anti-nausea & pain meds & us MX patients only be sent home with a maalox-like substance & a nexium-equivalent med to all be taken for the next 28 days.

I'm on the Clear Liquids diet for the next 10 days, but the nausea is preventing me from wanting to ingest anything. So I sip as much as I can, but it isn't that much

Any solutions for the nausea?

I'm allowed to take meds I was taking prior to surgery, but I try to take the maalox solution 1st to coat my stomach & protect it from possible irritation.

I decided to sleep on the living room couch with several pillows as props, as from what I've read around hear, it's easier on the soreness of the incisions.

Today I finally am experiencing the trapped gas in my upper back, but nothing outta this world. I feel like there's trapped gas in my abdominal area or maybe my organs are still trying to readjust.

I do have moments of "buyers remorse", but I have to remind myself of the future outcome.

I also get these hiccupy quick sessions (or possible burps, I can't quite identify) once in awhile & not, do those HURT. Any input on that?

Thanks!

When I got those hiccups feelings like belches, I walked.

I was sleeve on may 6 as well. I being doing really good I being walking a lot outside since I got back from hospital and that help me to release that horrible gas. My stomach now looks much more like the day before surgery because it was inflate so horrible from the gas. Now is much easier to go to the bathroom and pee too. I am I. Full liquids started today the only different thing I ate today than before is farina in the morningbit felt good. Some Jello free sugar but thats it. It is really hard to keep drinking the Water but I am doing my best. I stop pain med because I have an allergy reaction and my body w as itching. I really do hope you feel better about everything all I can really tell you is that walking really makes miracles It feels so good to walk.

I am still in the hospital. I wanted to stay one more day because I was so sick and in a ton of pain in recovery and the day after. They did a swallow test and everything was perfect :) I think I drank too much fluids tonight :( I am not hungry just thirsty. Going home in the morning. Yay!!!

glad you are doing better and going home : )

I was sleeve may 6 as well. Yes my stomach is making more noises and ohh yes I do feel hunger but I guess is only mentally and that would be abjust with time. I am starting full liquid tomorrow I was looking for recepies, but all I see is cream Soups or the farina. HOW LOng did you have to be on the stage 2? Share recepies I see what I can share too. I am glad you are doing pretty good too.

I am glad to be reading some shared experiences...my stomach was making all kinds of noises yesterday, but today has been better...I feel hunger, too, but I think it is only head hunger...I started full liquid today and will be on it for about 12 days (until May 20)...just trying to take it one day at a time...

I am on day 7 post op and am overall doing fantastic...incisions are still sore..but no gas pain..bowels resumed today finally...i just am never hungry or thirsty..i am forcing myself to drink but i am not getting nearly enough..and i am only getting about half of my 70gm of protein...at this point but trying hard to force it all in...Losing about a half pound a day on average..tried cream of wheat today..started out ok but made me feel really nauseous so backing off...sticking to my gatorade and Protein shakes..i can't believe how uninterested I am in food anymore..nothing appeals to me..guess that is good..

I do think it is a good thing that you haven't had any interest in food... I was hoping that would be the case for me as well...I am craving food, although I think it is not truly hunger but "head" hunger...glad you are doing well post op

Surgery was May 7th and ill go home tomorrow, so four days. it was hell but I'm still glad I did it. It took me a good eight hours to come out of my anasthesia. I had a lot of pain in stomach but even more in my lungs. Dry heaving. Couldn't get out of the bed, couldn't breath and my heart rate would t go below 145. My doctor said I had collapsed lungs and worried about blood clots. He almost had to take out the spleen because it ruptured a bit and was worried about internal bleeding. After all the tests, pain and 3 days it turns out that my lungs simply can't handle surgery well and also that I have a pre existing heart condition which because of how fast it was going made it hard for me to heal. That being said I'm really glad I did not go to Mexico and glad I had the right doctor and also was close to home. My program includes up to 100k of care related to sleeve within 90 days. They are sending me home tomorrow with oxygen and then I'll be off to the cardiologist to see what's up with my heart.

I am a May 6 sleeve- my experience has been better than I expected. Had some trouble controlling the pain in recovery but once that was under control, everything else was fine. I was walking the halls two hours after I got to my room. Spent one night and went home in a little less than 24 hours. I am really fortunate! I have been having these strange noises come from my stomach...almost as if I were hungry. But I'm not hungry so it's weird, hard to explain. I'm trying my best to get in all the fluids and Protein but its just so hard! Had pretty bad gas pain until yesterday when I was able to finally pass gas! Glad everyone is doing well. Does anyone else have to wear an abdominal binder? I find I'm more comfortable with it on.

Surgery was May 7th and ill go home tomorrow' date=' so four days. it was hell but I'm still glad I did it. It took me a good eight hours to come out of my anasthesia. I had a lot of pain in stomach but even more in my lungs. Dry heaving. Couldn't get out of the bed, couldn't breath and my heart rate would t go below 145. My doctor said I had collapsed lungs and worried about blood clots. He almost had to take out the spleen because it ruptured a bit and was worried about internal bleeding. After all the tests, pain and 3 days it turns out that my lungs simply can't handle surgery well and also that I have a pre existing heart condition which because of how fast it was going made it hard for me to heal. That being said I'm really glad I did not go to Mexico and glad I had the right doctor and also was close to home. My program includes up to 100k of care related to sleeve within 90 days. They are sending me home tomorrow with oxygen and then I'll be off to the cardiologist to see what's up with my heart.[/quote']

Glad your doing better but just wondering did you see a cardiologist pre-op?

I had surgery on May 6th and had a small complication so I had to stay in the hospital until today, but I'm finally home! I feel ok, although my stomach feels a little weird. Because of the complication I have to be on the liquid diet for 3 weeks, anyone have to go that long? I'm trying to be very positive but it seems like such a long time to only be consuming Protein and broth!