Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The texture of Jello made me feel yuck...I opted for anything BUT jello! So it is ok if u cant handle the texture. Just ask for something else. :-)

I one day post op and I have some discomfort. This hospital is making this worse for me. After my surgery the kept me in Recovery room for 12 hour, I could used the phone, I couldn't call people to let them know I was safe, I couldn't walk around, and could have visitors. This was very isolating but the night shift fix the problem and got me a room.

So now I am in my room have almost zero pain tons of nausea. The nurse stop coming in to see me and the discharge me without giving me any liquids. I was like the surgeon said I need to drink 4oz in an hour before I can leave, she told me that wasn't true so i call my surgeon myself. I am still in the hospital can't wait to go home tomorrow!!!!!

I one day post op and I have some discomfort. This hospital is making this worse for me. After my surgery the kept me in Recovery room for 12 hour' date=' I could used the phone, I couldn't call people to let them know I was safe, I couldn't walk around, and could have visitors. This was very isolating but the night shift fix the problem and got me a room.

So now I am in my room have almost zero pain tons of nausea. The nurse stop coming in to see me and the discharge me without giving me any liquids. I was like the surgeon said I need to drink 4oz in an hour before I can leave, she told me that wasn't true so i call my surgeon myself. I am still in the hospital can't wait to go home tomorrow!!!!![/quote']

Oh goodness! I was in my room sometime after recovery, obviously don't know time because I was doped up ( ;) ), but I also had to drink 4 oz before I left and they wanted me up and walking after surgery, once I was able to stand on my own that is without busting my bare butt from being on meds! LoL! Hope you get some better care soon!

I one day post op and I have some discomfort. This hospital is making this worse for me. After my surgery the kept me in Recovery room for 12 hour' date=' I could used the phone, I couldn't call people to let them know I was safe, I couldn't walk around, and could have visitors. This was very isolating but the night shift fix the problem and got me a room.

So now I am in my room have almost zero pain tons of nausea. The nurse stop coming in to see me and the discharge me without giving me any liquids. I was like the surgeon said I need to drink 4oz in an hour before I can leave, she told me that wasn't true so i call my surgeon myself. I am still in the hospital can't wait to go home tomorrow!!!!![/quote']

That is a terrible experience. Mine was much better. I was in a room in an hour and my doc even said no rush to leave he'd discharge me when I told him I was ready after he verified no leaks or anything.

I hope you're doing wel, and that your surgeon gets you taken care of.

@ Lisa....no crackers yet...

@ slimdream i was afraid of the Jello to. I found muselé doing as a kid again swishing through my teeth to liquidfy it first...lol...then i later caught myself and tried à little bite and it was ok...

Where the heck are you? In another country? Sounds awful!

I one day post op and I have some discomfort. This hospital is making this worse for me. After my surgery the kept me in Recovery room for 12 hour, I could used the phone, I couldn't call people to let them know I was safe, I couldn't walk around, and could have visitors. This was very isolating but the night shift fix the problem and got me a room.

So now I am in my room have almost zero pain tons of nausea. The nurse stop coming in to see me and the discharge me without giving me any liquids. I was like the surgeon said I need to drink 4oz in an hour before I can leave, she told me that wasn't true so i call my surgeon myself. I am still in the hospital can't wait to go home tomorrow!!!!!

I'm so sorry you're having such a bad experience! That's just unbelievable to me. :( I hope you get home safe & sound & can then begin healing in a better environment. Take care of yourself!

Still in the hospital thought they would release me by now. I am not in pain and the nausea is low. I can't seem to drink the 4 oz an hour. It's so frustrating that I can't do it and they won't let me go until I can. I really hate this hospital.

Hey Corey I'm stuck here too, waiting on drain removal..I asked my nurse for little 1 oz shot glasses to put my propel in.... I drink one every 15 mins to show them I could do the liquid.. it helped me visualize it....maybe try that?

Try ice i could do the Water, but was able to do crush ice ...

Hey everyone~ Checking in hoping to help some of you who can't stomach to Protein.

Yesterday was a week post-op and my drs office called to check on me. I have been MISERABLE trying to get the Protein in' date=' feeling totally Thanksgiving full, like all the time... bloated, FULL, nauseated, and not getting in the liquids either because I was so full I coun't take any more in. I was doing one Protein shake in the am and it took like 2.5 hours to get it in, then MISERABLE for the who day. ugh

I spoke with a NUT and we discovered together that I have an intolerance to the whey in all the Proteins. I have always been borderline lactose intolerant, and couldn't take real milk as a baby, had to have soy everything. She said something was terribly wrong with the way I had been functioning and took me off all the Protein shakes. She gave me permission to use egg drop Soup and to blenderize any Soups to get all the bits out -- chicken noodle, Tomato, chicken tortilla w rice.

MY LIFE CHANGED OVERNIGHT! OMG, I am doing so much better, functioning as I finally should be! Getting the milk whey out has changed everything. I'm sipping a blenderized cup of chicken tortilla Soup right now and had egg drop for Breakfast. Lots of room now to get my fluids in too. She said aim for 30 grams of protein for now, don't stress about 50. It is SO much easier! I am so thankful that I finally said something, that I finally said "enough is enough, this isn't right!".

So maybe those of you who are not tolerating the shakes have something similar to me? What has your toleration of milk products been before surgery? If it was iffy like me, maybe the whey is the problem... Call your NUT!![/quote']

I have sat here for 20 minutes reading your post I over and over as I cried ! I have been having the exact same issues and was really feeling alone and very discouraged !! Thank you again

I am home, getting down 4oz like a boss and i walked from the hospital it was only 6 block and a 4 story walk up but when i got home all i wanted to do was walk around the mall. i going to give it a few hours but I feel great!!!