Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lying about Weight Loss Surgery !

What business is that of yours anyway? Just because you think it' date=' doesn't make it so.

While we may all be on the same weight loss journey, not everyone has the same path.

Take your path.

Give your friend the respect to take hers.[/quote']

Obviously , and it just sucks when people ask me if this is really how she lost the weight ? So I try not to get involved but I back up my friend no matter what . So yeah I guess it is kind of my business when she comes to me frustrated that people are saying she's lieng

All you have to say is, "Wow, this is really a personal issue. If you really are concerned about her, you really need to discuss this with her."

It is not your business, so don't make it your business.

Judging ? Who in the hell is judging? I just didnt understand the point behind it all !

Um...HELLO??? You are judging!

You keep saying you "just think it would be easier" for her to tell everyone every detail because YOU think it so. You keep calling her a liar. That my friend, is called judging others.

Sorry, but it is what is is.

And BTW: You don't need to understand what she is feeling. Have you ever thought that maybe if she wanted you to know she would tell you?

Just a thought.

It's not about people shouting it out to complete strangers , I'm talking about the people that get asked " how did you lose so much weight? " then reply "oh I cut out the carbs and work out. " that's how I lost 200 plus pounds!!! Yeah right

I think those people look at them like ... Yeah sure anyways lol. I feel embarrassed for my friend that has always has to hide behind a fake lie.

I don't think you understand what you have said here. Yes, she did too lose the weight by cutting carbs, calories, portions and working out! There's no other way to do it. WLS isn't magic any more than using a treadmill is. The goal is the same it's just the tool that differs.

No one should be questioning her loss.. Anyone on an daily intake of 500-900 calories will lose the same with or without WLS.

I don't think you need to worry about her or sadly, be embarrassed for her. Besides, who knows, maybe she's embarrassed of your actions.

Um...HELLO??? You are judging!

You keep saying you "just think it would be easier" for her to tell everyone every detail because YOU think it so. You keep calling her a liar. That my friend' date=' is called judging others.

Sorry, but it is what is is.

And BTW: You don't need to understand what she is feeling. Have you ever thought that maybe if she wanted you to know she would tell you?

Just a thought.[/quote']

I was there with her when she had the surgery lol.

Some of us have really ugly, judgmental people in our lives.

This topic has been sort of rehashed to death and I have explained this before but I don't mind telling it again because there may be new people trying to decide what to do and this is the thread they find first.

I had a lapband back when they were all the rage before it came out that lap band patients do no better statistically than weight watchers people. It was great at first, lost about 45 pounds and got down to about a size 14ish. Then all the struggles came. Later on I found out that I had suffered a slip, but they did not discover that for years. I lived with throwing up constantly, eating to make up for it, eating all the things WLS patients shouldn't have because they were the only things that wouldn't make me PUKE. Long story short, gained all the weight back, plus a little for good measure.

Most people didn't see the sickness, they just saw the weight creeping back. It was aweful, I was in so much pain and people are cruel. It's easy to say you don't give a flying youknowwhat when everything is going great because the weight loss is its own reward but when the stuff hits the fan, and you NEED support and people are talking about you when your not in the room.... It's not so easy anymore, and unfortunately, thats when it really matters.

I don't try to talk people out of telling people, because its a personal thing, but being a bariatric patient of 6 years.... my perspective is different. If you have nothing but smooth sailing its one thing, but if you don't and you have told everyone, hang onto your hats because you'll be in for a lesson in how people REALLY are.

Obviously , and it just sucks when people ask me if this is really how she lost the weight ? So I try not to get involved but I back up my friend no matter what . So yeah I guess it is kind of my business when she comes to me frustrated that people are saying she's lieng

Why? You are calling her a liar too. Maybe as a friend, when people ask you could ask them why they really want to know? Tell them a lot of hard work. Or, tell them the truth. It's none of their business! Maybe if you stand up for her, they won't give her such a hard time.

I don't think you understand what you have said here. Yes' date=' she did too lose the weight by cutting carbs, calories, portions and working out! There's no other way to do it. WLS isn't magic any more than using a treadmill is. The goal is the same it's just the tool that differs.

No one should be questioning her loss.. Anyone on an daily intake of 500-900 calories will lose the same with or without WLS.

I don't think you need to worry about her or sadly, be embarrassed for her. Besides, who knows, maybe she's embarrassed of your actions.[/quote']

Maybe she is . That's her problem not mine .

Why? You are calling her a liar too. Maybe as a friend' date=' when people ask you could ask them why they really want to know? Tell them a lot of hard work. Or, tell them the truth. It's none of their business! Maybe if you stand up for her, they won't give her such a hard time.[/quote']

The only reason they talk **** is because they know she is Lieing ! I always stick up for my friend ...that's why she trusts me enough to confide in me that I won't tell others about her surgery

I really don't understand why these threads continually turn into fights and personal attacks.

I think it is fine to state your opinion and the reason you feel that way, but I am finding this site is turning into a school yard of bullying and name calling.

Things get taken out of context, the barbs go flying and we are off on another 100+ post thread that has little to do with the original subject matter.

Maybe she is . That's her problem not mine .

True, just as its your problem not others.

If I were her and read what you've written... I would question our friendship.

I sincerely hope, in real life, you support her wholeheartedly and try not being so negative and judgemental about her choices. You're good friends and WLS is a life changing journey and to be able to go on it with a buddy is a huge bonus

The only reason they talk **** is because they know she is Lieing ! I always stick up for my friend ...that's why she trusts me enough to confide in me that I won't tell others about her surgery

How do they know she's lying? Unless ... someone told them?

True' date=' just as its your problem not others.

If I were her and read what you've written... I would question our friendship.

I sincerely hope, in real life, you support her wholeheartedly and try not being so negative and judgemental about her choices. You're good friends and WLS is a life changing journey and to be able to go on it with a buddy is a huge bonus[/quote']

I'm such a good friend that I tell her to her face to stop the lies. But it's kinda too late now once you tell a lie you have to stick with it and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger .

I really don't understand why these threads continually turn into fights and personal attacks.

I think it is fine to state your opinion and the reason you feel that way' date=' but I am finding this site is turning into a school yard of bullying and name calling.

Things get taken out of context, the barbs go flying and we are off on another 100+ post thread that has little to do with the original subject matter.[/quote']

I took the words out of my mouth !!! Cranky people need to chill lol

I took the words out of my mouth !!! Cranky people need to chill lol

Oops u ;)